Chuc

Release: Alpha Version 6

1 minute ago, SuicidalChair said:

seriously if your going to provide negative feedback at least be constructive about it.
saying "its worse" or "dissapointed" is not helpful, give us statistics and error codes so we can help and rectify the issue.

Tell me which map gave you bad performance
what was your FPS
what error code did you receive.
what issue are you experiencing in detail.

I paid for this product, I'm not getting paid to be QA analyst  !!  Get it?
And it's not just me , a lot of people express the same opinion. It's not my responsibility dude!

Edited by Silverspeed

2 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I read this thread with excitement and nervousness as it's great to see so many people being supportive and loving the game, on the other hand...some of these negative posts really annoy me... especially the one liners that aren't even constructive. 

To reiterate. The game is in Alpha...it should be expected for things to get worse...better...worse...the same....better....

The devs are doing an amazing job and this is an undertaking of something that has never ever been done before, from the ground up. So with this in mind, my hat goes off to you devs, crack on, your doing a great job and every release is a step forward. 

There is no need to complain about everything, but there's also no need to be an ass-licker. If Devs are saying "performance improvements for everybody" and then performance is worse, I think it's fair to complain about it. That doesn't mean that Devs must be killed, but I understand those people expecting performance improvements as said and when they tryed to enter the game it crash.

3 minutes ago, SuicidalChair said:

seriously if your going to provide negative feedback at least be constructive about it.
saying "its worse" or "dissapointed" is not helpful, give us statistics and error codes so we can help and rectify the issue.

what was your FPS

That is not paying consumer's job, in my opinion at least.

This game is being sold at steam just like every else.

Edited by cyreda

3 minutes ago, SuicidalChair said:

what was your FPS

" FATAL ERROR. UE4 Crached, when I disconected from a server.

Hmmm. Now I can't even get into the game anymore. I see the Loading screen a second and then it's BLACK....

To close I need to End Task in Task Manager. SQUAD use ~900mb memory in black screen"

Just now, Silverspeed said:

http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq/

There are a lot of ways a game can go as it develops over time, so if you aren't excited to play the game in its current state, then hold off and wait until the next update--it shouldn't be far off.

You paid for Early Access, You got Early Access. If you can't help me help you then I guess wait for the next patch to play.

You bought and are playing an alpha product. There are going to be issues. Lots of them. The sooner you help us find and fix them the sooner you can get back to playing it. Your call.

1 minute ago, Dundish said:

" FATAL ERROR. UE4 Crached, when I disconected from a server.

Hmmm. Now I can't even get into the game anymore. I see the Loading screen a second and then it's BLACK....

To close I need to End Task in Task Manager. SQUAD use ~900mb memory in black screen"

Would you mind sending me some of your crash logs?

open your start menu and paste:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Squad\Saved\Logs
Then copy the last one that you had just after you crashed.

17 hours ago, Rich8 said:

-be me

-be flying blueflag in DCS World

-Steam Notification "Squad Version 6 Changelog

-7HYTr9x.gif

other people play dcs world?  legit

Just now, T-7 said:

Great update, loving the .50cal

zgPOJza.jpg

How is it working for you? Performance?

Can wait to play the update tonight. Good work on the AMD fixes hopefully can play with  a few more of my friends :)

6 minutes ago, Silverspeed said:

And it's not just me , a lot of people express the same opinion. It's not my responsibility dude!

Well actually no, not really. You paid for an Alpha release... which means you should have expected to work through some bugs. And if you didn't expect that, then you had some very unrealistic expectations.

1 minute ago, Ti0mat said:

Well actually no, not really. You paid for an Alpha release... which means you should have expected to work through some bugs. And if you didn't expect that, then you had some very unrealistic expectations.

Reading the changelog created  unrealistic expectations!! The performance should be improved according to changelog and most people report of awful performance... I'm not creating the hype they do!

I can't wait to see it woth my own eyes, but I want to keep reading about how performance is for others. Besides Silverspeed and Dundish, how is it working for the rest?

4 minutes ago, LookAss said:

How is it working for you? Performance?

Settings on epic, 30-50 FPS

Settings on high, 60+, no issues

Do have some frame drops when lots of activity is going on but other than that no problems here

Yeah the performance really is worse than the former 5.3, unlike what was written on changelog

Just now, cyreda said:

Yeah the performance really is worse than the former 5.3, unlike what was written on changelog

When is it worse?
What FPS are you getting, Which map, what part of the map, what are your settings turned up to, are you using anything special like SweetFX?
Details people!

Just now, SuicidalChair said:

When is it worse?
What FPS are you getting, Which map, what part of the map, what are your settings turned up to, are you using anything special like SweetFX?
Details people!

Do you really need that kind of details to believe if people is getting worse performance? Come on!

Founder skins not working.

Enabled in-game. Rebooted. Verified integrity. Nothin.

Just now, SuicidalChair said:

When is it worse?
Details people!

I am getting 25-50 on medium, higher graphics settings don't really make a difference to that FPS. For me, every map has worse performance fps wice, Fools Road contrast is completely off, the shadows are almost pitch black. The bigges problem for me is the aliasing, which got alot worse from 5.3. With 5.3, i was able to play 140% resolution scale with sweetfx lumasharpen, but now the aliasing is so weird looking, it looks like my resolution is about 720p..

18 hours ago, Chuc said:

waterfx.jpg

Is it me or are these colors more saturated than what have been in place previously? It looks like SweetFX.

I like it!

Try deleting your Squad appdata folder then running the game. Running lovely here.