Chuc

Alpha Version 6 Released

Deleted the appdata Squad folder, installed 6.1 and the game runs great again. 

11 hours ago, Royal8800 said:

The new sound of the M4 is not great I think.

The current M4 sound is incomplete as the next iteration of the reverb engine isn't out yet. It'll sound much, much better when they introduce the new sound model.

On 5/26/2016 at 3:39 PM, Mother said:

Hmm would someone be able to assist with RCON setup?

Did you ever get help, and if so, can you help  me? ^_^

On 5/26/2016 at 9:02 PM, lawnboy said:

If software developers pushed out something like this TO THE PUBLIC at a non video game company half the team would be fired over something like this. But oh no the video game men are beyond reproach. 

Not yet unfortunately 

Why does it say "Cannot join, server is at capacity for non-members" If im lucky it doesn't say that and I will be able to join the server. But it says that at so many servers, it didn't do it before the update. Can someone help me out?

And if so, what is it that i need to join?

Edited by Hugsen

Anyone else having issues with VOIP not working on every map change? I have to constantly disconnect and re-connect. I can hear people, but am not getting the icon in the bottom left as to who's talking. And no one can hear me.

On 5/27/2016 at 11:31 AM, Royal8800 said:

Good job!

But the shadows are very dark. The new sound of the M4 is not great I think.

If i may leave this here,from our own MasterOfSounds @anders explains all...

2 hours ago, anders said:

Nej, det kan du inte! Håll flabben jävla fubick! Skoja. Klart som fan att du får tycka det. Jag bryr mig inte om det ändå. 

Här kommer förklaringen iaf :) 

The main reason the AK series (and M4) gunfire sounds got changed (again) and probably will again is that I used to many layers that was mixing at the same time, wich means too much channels taken for just one guy firing. I tried to merge the layers together, but it didn't work that well in the end and especially not with different distances.
So I designed some new ones with materials from other recordings where most of all the existing gunfire sounds are from. These recordings are also recorded from the real weapon sources. AK series and and AR15s, the M2 .50cal etc. I also wanted to find a balance between all these weapons, cause I didnt' want them to sound way too different from each other.
But I also made these new sounds for beeing kinda bases for the upcoming dynamic reflections. The term I use, when I'm trying to explain that gunfire and explosions will have their environment textures/noises. So if the AK74, AK47, AKS74U etc. sounds like they do atm, they will sound totally different depending you are shooting in a tight urban environment on Sumari or out in the open fields there or firing in a dense forest on Gorodok and have tight echoes indoors.
For these reflection layers, I will and have to use the weapon's initial "pop-sound" (the very first part of the bang) wich will have the most of the weapons characteristics. On top of them I will merge in layers of reflection sounds wich will make the design different.
So atm. you're used to one type of sound everywhere on a map. I had to use something before these dynamic reflections goes in and alter your brains more times.

This will also be applied on different types of explosions. It's a bery complex system, but it sounds totally crazy and it's worth all the trouble in my world for this type of game.

Hope that explained it a little more. ;)

cheers chaps.

38 minutes ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

If i may leave this here,from our own MasterOfSounds @anders explains all...

cheers chaps.

When u go down the voices go blurry or more silent thats great how ever it feels that it comes too soon because i personally wanna hear the explosion sound when i die now it just sounds like a fart if you die from explosion

2 hours ago, Frosty2 said:

When u go down the voices go blurry or more silent thats great how ever it feels that it comes too soon because i personally wanna hear the explosion sound when i die now it just sounds like a fart if you die from explosion

Lol. I quite like the way things get muted after I get domed.

before this update squad ran fine for me its my favourite game with 141 hours, but now this update has been released I get real bad fps and have to play in a lower resolution to even play at all. but its basically unplayable for me now with 18-25 fps :/

16 hours ago, Hugsen said:

Why does it say "Cannot join, server is at capacity for non-members" If im lucky it doesn't say that and I will be able to join the server. But it says that at so many servers, it didn't do it before the update. Can someone help me out?

And if so, what is it that i need to join?

Servers are pretty expensive so they are almost all run by communities of players. They each pay a bit to make it affordable for everyone, and in exchange they get play spots for them to join. Servers will cap the public player (no paying players) count at some level and then paying community players always have room to join. 

Join a community if you can afford to help pay for a server. 

Not to be a total fanboy, but the maps are looking freaking fantastic. 

15 hours ago, Ti0mat said:

Anyone else having issues with VOIP not working on every map change? I have to constantly disconnect and re-connect. I can hear people, but am not getting the icon in the bottom left as to who's talking. And no one can hear me.

I am experiencing this too.  Especially as a squad leader.  Something that needs to be addressed asap.

Hi All. How can i active the skins i cant see them in game options. I Have bought the game on the kick starter for 123$ please help.

Edited by ziele

1 hour ago, ziele said:

Hi All. How can i active the skins i cant see them in game options. I Have bought the game on the kick starter for 123$ please help.

Try here mate...

8 hours ago, Doc Murphy said:

Lol. I quite like the way things get muted after I get domed.

Yea but would be great to hear the exact moment when you die otherwise its good and amazing but with the explosion the sound fades too fast.. u cant hear it at all. Hard to write it in words lol but it takes away the combat pussy juice moment its like playing games without the sound...game wise or for good play experience it would be great to add little delay after the explosion-- Cool effect thou nothing against that. Maybe i need to go hear it again :D dont wanna be too critical about this for no reason. 

From what little I have seen, the new release seems good.  Only have a few partial matches in because like when I last played (a couple months ago), can't find a server where there is teamwork or anyone has a clue what they are doing...  maybe today i will be so lucky and get some more time with v6. 

Am I the only one who's getting worse performance with the new update?

I had 40-50 fps on v5, 30 at worst. Now I get 20-30 fps and it drops to 15 from time to time.
My rig is:

AMD FX-8350
R9 280 3GB
8 GB of ram

I'm running the game with everything at low as well as low audio.
Is there anything I can do to improve the performance?

Am I the only one who's getting worse performance with the new update?

>

If you take some time and read some pages earlier, you would know the answer is NO (surprise ).

If you take some more of your time and use the searchfunction you may find threads like this:

http://forums.joinsquad.com/index.php?/topic/18600-How-to-disable-shadows?

which may help you with your problem

We are now pushing a version 6.2 release which contains:

•  Fixed the stuttering issue many users were seeing
  •  Fixed a crash related to players entering vehicles
  •  Fixed a sound attenuation issue on Chora
  •  Fixed various light source problems on multiple maps
  •  Fixed Sumari AAS1's lattice being wrong

EDIT: This hotfix was reverted for the time being due to server crashes discovered after launching.

34 minutes ago, Merlin said:

We are now pushing a version 6.2 release which contains:

• A fix for some of the stuttering issues people are encountering (we are still investigating these issues actively)
  • Various fixes for bugs and crashes

This Hotfix contains the fix for Pitch Black Shadows?