Pvt. Lewis

Wait so the 50 cal is not one hit kill???

Ok there are reports from those who tested the game that the 50 cal on many occaisions takes more than one hit to kill someone. Wow. They say it's one hit to the chest, but an arm or leg hit will not instantly put someone down. Some of us have already been upset that many of the weapons  seem underpowered but now the 50cal! I know a leg isn't a vital organ. But I HIGHLY doubt getting shot with a 50 in a limb will leave you able to do anything other than scream.  And we know that Squad has no type of hit reaction (slow down when shot)... So sounds like someone can be shot with a 50 cal and then continue sprinting for cover.

in the project reality days not only was the 50 an instant death, but even its splash damage could injure you! That 50 has to be FEARED! 

really just hope that bullet reactions and more bullet lethality will come. 

Edited by Pvt. Lewis

SgtSalty   

Shots to the arm, foot, etc shouldn't kill you at all instead decrease weapon stability and walking speed.

Edited by SgtSalty

32 minutes ago, SgtSalty said:

Shots to the arm, foot, etc shouldn't kill you at all instead decrease weapon stability and walking speed.

With a 50 cal? No way... Anywhere NEAR the receiving end of that beast should spell death. PR style. 

Everybody's getting so excited for the 50 cal. I'm just looking at it as a big red dot for optics as there are many areas the enemy can fire from but only a narrow area for the 50 cal. You're not gonna see enemies in the bushes, but they're gonna see you. 

Its gonna take some strategic placement and lots of infantry support to protect that 50 cal. Once the enemy knows where it is, it's probably gonna be underpowered. 

Brisk   
4 hours ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

in the project reality days not only was the 50 an instant death, but even its splash damage could injure you! That 50 has to be FEARED!

The 50 cal is not a one hit kill weapon in PR.

1 hour ago, Brisk said:

The 50 cal is not a one hit kill weapon in PR.

I'm about 99% positive it's a one shot kill.  If not you bleed out within seconds which is just as good.  Also the splash damage hype.  

7 hours ago, Socrates said:

Isn't it realistic where it's supposed to separate your body parts?

*Places breakfast to one side*

I'll just finish eating that later then.

Karm   
16 hours ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

Ok there are reports from those who tested the game that the 50 cal on many occaisions takes more than one hit to kill someone. Wow. They say it's one hit to the chest, but an arm or leg hit will not instantly put someone down. Some of us have already been upset that many of the weapons  seem underpowered but now the 50cal! I know a leg isn't a vital organ. But I HIGHLY doubt getting shot with a 50 in a limb will leave you able to do anything other than scream.  And we know that Squad has no type of hit reaction (slow down when shot)... So sounds like someone can be shot with a 50 cal and then continue sprinting for cover.

really just hope that bullet reactions and more bullet lethality will come. 

I think the best thing you can do is to play squad like you would normally, and play around with it with an open mind.

Then, share your experiences with the rest of us on the forums as constructive as possible.

Feel the 50cal isn't powerful enough? Feel free to tell your experiences and explain why you feel it isn't. Think it's in the right spot? Please don't hesitate to share that feedback with us, too. :-)  Had some epic moments involving HMG's? We want to hear about it.

TADADADADADADADADADADADADA

well I got hit once during a playtest with the M2 but i didn't die, was bandaging myself but bled out, so basically it's a 1 hit kill, instantantly if hit in the head/chest) in less than 7 sec if hit anywhere else

12 hours ago, Sergeant.Roland. said:

The .50 cal is supposed to be deadly just like...

rambo.jpg?itok=MyF8d340

When life hits you like a truck but you gotta maintain a positive attitude.