Kesha F1

JO→SQUAD: Lying roll and shooting and throwing grenades from the water?!

Hello devs and community SQUAD!

Maybe you know, some players here from games of Novalogic (Joint Operations, Delta Force series). There was a great things like lying roll and shooting and throwing grenades from the water. Old school players have a many great ways for kills. B|

◘ Lying roll can help quick move out from fire range. 

◘ Shooting and throwing grenades from the water - great ability for helped to sabotage and destroy enemies.

Examples:

And my old movie «Underwater Sabotage».:ph34r:

I think it will be a great thing in the Squad. Devs, you can add it or... ? :S

Edited by Kesha F1

Lying roll? I would preffer lean left/right while prone, same as in Red Orchestra 2. More useful imho.

lean whilst prone?!?  near physically impossible to Lean when you're lying on the ground.

bring on rolling - was always a hoot!

1 hour ago, LaughingJack said:

lean whilst prone?!?  near physically impossible to Lean when you're lying on the ground.

bring on rolling - was always a hoot!

I'd rather have the "leap to the side" thing from ARMA 3 instead of rolling.

I was getting confused at about 0:15

I don't like the idea of prone rolling, because think about it; if you're an AT or MG gunner, you're rolling on top of a primed RPG strapped to your torso, or dragging a GPMG through the dust as you roll over. How are you supposed to roll if you're set up on an M240? Come, come... prone leaning I can see, and that's prone leaning as in you lean your upper body, say, right and your lower body left, like half of a V as opposed to a normal I shaped firing position.

Aniallator, it's a Game, not Reality.  super annoying when peeps make silly comments like this, knowing full well that this is a game and that the complxities of Reality, such as they wish for, will never be in any game.

obviously you should not be able to roll if you're using a bipod (etc.) weapon.

and again, Leaning whilst Prone is physically impossible, regardless of what some game does: "as in you lean your upper body, say, right and your lower body left, like half of a V"  - half of a V is a straight line! you've just described how to rotate(turn) around whilst prone, this is not Leaning.

but really, the Gun/RPG does not actually exist, my character does not really Weigh anything (percievable) and the Dust on the ground is not real and does not dirty or damage equipment. . . .

JO, and Black Hawk Down. Brings back memories of the good ol' days of FPS gaming! Used to play on KWA alot during my BHD days.

Edited by Bassi

Rolling around with a huge backpack (like what the Russian models have) would look pretty weird.

Please do not ruin the game like this... it does not go well along with the other things like easy shooting etc. It would create even more chaos. Its barely controlable as is, don't need to make it worse. Lonewolfing is almost better tactic than sticking together with squad at the current state of the game because some elementary infantry mechanics are missing and are WIP, mechanic like this would make lonewolfing easier and more successful aswell.

Edited by Rainmaker

13 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

Aniallator, it's a Game, not Reality.  super annoying when peeps make silly comments like this, knowing full well that this is a game and that the complxities of Reality, such as they wish for, will never be in any game.

obviously you should not be able to roll if you're using a bipod (etc.) weapon.

1. Then ignore them.

2. It's also argueable that some non-bipods weapons would be hard to roll with (pun intended), plus some of the bulky gear, etc, etc, so IMO it wouldn't be a great feature, and personally I think it's kind of arcadey and a cheap way to dodge fire. It simply doesn't suit Squad's gameplay.

13 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

and again, Leaning whilst Prone is physically impossible, regardless of what some game does: "as in you lean your upper body, say, right and your lower body left, like half of a V"  - half of a V is a straight line! you've just described how to rotate(turn) around whilst prone, this is not Leaning.

Why do you think leaning while prone is impossible? Lay down behind an object, and try it. What I'm suggesting is leaning while prone, and having your body pivoted somewhat toward the direction you're leaning, as IRL that's more comfortable than just prone leaning.

Edited by Aniallator

22 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Yes please!.And why not!?. 

That was one of my fav shooting tactics in JOps...The best FPS game until now!. :D

I agree with you Racing Death! Great things.

20 hours ago, mastah4 said:

Lying roll? I would preffer lean left/right while prone, same as in Red Orchestra 2. More useful imho.

Yep. RO2 have a nice movement.

13 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

Rolling around with a huge backpack (like what the Russian models have) would look pretty weird.

You also right fatalsushi. But devs can make some solution for roll with backpack.

After reading you, I can offer the following system: rolls must affect the endurance of more than crawling or running. Say 1-10 rolling (left← →right) and you can no longer be repeated as long until you restore endurance. I think it is an excellent compromise proposal that will take into consideration your feedback. We get rolls in the form, which is more or less similar to the realism, and not as it is done in JO.

No need to fear and reject the obvious things that contribute to the expansion of opportunities in the movement of soldiers SQUAD.

What about shooting and drop grenades from underwater?

@Kesha F1 As far i can understand,as far as OWI goes,we not going to have swimming/underwater in Squad,if I heard it correctly.

Quote from @IrOnTaXi

Yes death..  that will be our penalty.. good luck reviving under 15feet of water.. bahahaha.. 

seriously though our intent is to heavily penalize players for going to deep in water and hopefully pull them downstream to their death when the conditions are approriate.. for example a deep fast moving river would be best to avoid anything deeper than waist deep.

we will see how it all pans out but it is something currently being worked on in the background. 

:(

1 hour ago, Dennisz125 said:

I agree with the rolling part but only apply to the soldier that can roll based on Weapons and equipment.

Yep. Maybe roll for simple rifleman and medics. :) Why not? It will be interesting!

Rolling and shooting at the same time? Jeeeeeeeeeeez..........

If anything, the future stance system should be like ARMA 3, with various stances

We'd just get people sitting in the water throwing grenades and shooting people and staying there because they are harder to hit and unlikely to be seen. And the combat roll will just be a favourite trolling thing where people will roll all the way from spawn like a bunch of retards. If we'd have rolling I would say it would need a serious cooldown, especially if the camera actually follows the movement.