YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

FOB Eplacement Idea: Automatic Grenade Launcher

Didn't we have these already when the cheaters were about. So many complaints. Not sure I'd want officially sanctioned one's to be honest. They're a bit op. Can you imagine one of those on a hilltop on Kohat raining grenades down into the valley. I know mortars will fill that role but they are not going to be so instant and rely on feedback for their accuracy.

Interesting idea. Of course, there'd have to be a limit of one per FOB, but static AGS-30s and Mk 19s could be cool, and would benefit asymmetry.

14 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

Didn't we have these already when the cheaters were about. So many complaints. Not sure I'd want officially sanctioned one's to be honest. They're a bit op. Can you imagine one of those on a hilltop on Kohat raining grenades down into the valley. I know mortars will fill that role but they are not going to be so instant and rely on feedback for their accuracy.

Totally different weapon concepts, in Squad I imagine AGLs being useful out to 600 meters, where mortars are good out to several clicks.

Let's leave the noob tubes to the mortards xD But in all seriousness, we should stick to our role model; Project Reality. All we need is SAMs, HATs, HMG, and Mortars. I don't want to go through 100 million emplacement options!

14 minutes ago, Polanski said:

Let's leave the noob tubes to the mortards xD But in all seriousness, we should stick to our role model; Project Reality. All we need is SAMs, HATs, HMG, and Mortars. I don't want to go through 100 million emplacement options!

disagree

Mmm, in a later stage where proper logistics is required, I can't see why not. I mean, if we're going to have APC/IFVs with 30mm autocannons, what is the difference really?

7 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

The AGS-30 is newer though.

Not enough for military to spend money on it :)