Sign in to follow this  
Quatsch

New weapons only with new animations?

Will the new weapons, like the PPSH-41 we saw in the january update only be implemented after the new animations system is in place? That would make sense, because it seems a bit unnecessary to put in placeholder animations for the time being. If that is the case, will we than get a whole bunch of weopens at once, or will they be put in one after another?

6 minutes ago, Quatsch said:

Will the new weapons, like the PPSH-41 we saw in the january update only be implemented after the new animations system is in place? That would make sense, because it seems a bit unnecessary to put in placeholder animations for the time being. If that is the case, will we than get a whole bunch of weopens at once, or will they be put in one after another?

I thought the new animation system was due for v6?

I'm not sure PPSh will be ready for v6 anyway.

I thought the new animation system was due for v6?

I don't think I saw it when playtesting V6. Could be wrong though.

17 minutes ago, Quatsch said:

I don't think I saw it when playtesting V6. Could be wrong though.

Maybe I'm wrong - but a new animations system doesn't imply new visual animations. In my understanding the animations system the devs wrote is the system which controls the animations...like when you are reloading your weapon, this animation will be "played".

12 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

Maybe I'm wrong - but a new animations system doesn't imply new visual animations. In my understanding the animations system the devs wrote is the system which controls the animations...like when you are reloading your weapon, this animation will be "played".

Yeah, I thought it was more the 3rd person animations (grass moving, etc) and optimizations. May also play a role in emplacements?

37 minutes ago, Hunter_Sh0tz said:

Yeah, I thought it was more the 3rd person animations (grass moving, etc) and optimizations. May also play a role in emplacements?

Oh,  ok...my bad. I don't know.

13 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

Oh,  ok...my bad. I don't know.

Nobody knows!!!! :OOOOOO

32 minutes ago, Hunter_Sh0tz said:

I guess they want to test first the upgrade to UE4.11, the new animations system and their new netcode with V6. Maybe some new features will come in also, but as I understood the last statements from the devs - better performance is the primary goal for V6. Like informations from AMD cpu users - average FPS count, ingame voice lags etc. before and after V6. 

7 hours ago, El Duderino said:

no, it's new visual animations as well. They simplified the bone structure of the players, so the old animations couldn't be ported and new ones for all weapons are being created. That's what I got from the update.

13 hours ago, Hunter_Sh0tz said:

Just ask on reddit and you'll get a reply in like 5 minutes ;)

I think it's the March recap that shows a bunch of the new animations coming with the animation system, check them out. But yes, I don't think any new weapons will be implemented until the new animation system debuts. I don't think the animation system is slated for V6, though? I assumed V7?