YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

(Mod Idea)US Militia vs Police and National Guard.

My idea for a US-specific militia to fight National Guard, and militarized police forces.

Being a militia, I really hope that character customization feature is added sometime because there are lots of camos and accessories.

<font size="6">Militia:<font/>
<font size="4">Infantry:<font/>

It's safe to assume most of their rifles would be converted to full-auto.

Squad leader"

Loadout 1: MOE AR-15 with foregrip and Eotech or LRP mounted Aimpoint micro, and PMAGS. I see both.

411552448_1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

(Let's ignore the handguard length difference.)

Loadout 2: (For more long-range play.) Something like Daniel Defense's V11 rifles but with an ACOG and maybe a B-5 stock or something similar. Don't judge me, I've seen stuff like that before.

v11_l.jpg

TA01NSN_270.jpg

B5-SOP-201-01-2.jpg?1386598631

Pistol: The glock 19 is the most popular concealed carry gun in the US. I think it would be an appropriate sidearm. But the M1911 is just popular in general.

GLOCK_19.JPG 57839_LRG.jpg

Unique appearance: Plate carrier will include pistol holster and magazine pouches for pistol.

Warrior_Armor_Package_03.jpg

Optional cowboy hat. Can be brown leather or a more desert color.

$_35.JPG?set_id=2

Gorgeous facial hair options.

citizen-militia-texas-border.jpg

Rifleman:

Loadout 1: AR-15 with carry handle and iron sights.

stag_1l.jpg

Loadout 2: AR-15 with A4 upper and StrikeFire on rail.

BG486xd.jpg

Loadout 3: AR-15 with carry handle, scope mount and 4x20 AC10838.

179593_ts.jpg

Loadout 4: AKM with polymer handguard, rails, M4 stock, and waffle magazines.

aeg-gp-ak001-2.jpg

Automatic Rifleman.

Loadout 1: ARES-16 (without that ACOG).

pd01.jpg

Loadout 2: Stoner LMG (with bipod).

lmg_main.jpg

Marksman:

Loadout 1: Okay, so a marksman's AR-15 is an AR with a 20-24" barrel; a quad-rail, free-floating handguard; a "precision-adjustable stock" (PRC); a UTG or a there-has-to-be-a-better-name-for-this-thing panther-style grip; a bipod; a 20 round magazine; and something similar to a Vortex Strike Eagle scope. I've seen many use smooth tube handguards as well. I came up with this build based of the most popular equipment for a DMR-15. I can't show a rifle with these exact modifications but here's some reference photos to help visualize and also gun pr0n.

1135f0572e4214893e2dd60de858c3e9.jpg

483E2209-01small.jpg

898457_01_long_range_ar_15_24_match_grad

Loadout 2: M14 with the same scope.

latest?cb=20150829022813

Unique appearance: Optional ghillie hood with a few camouflage options. Like desert, grassland, woodland, etc. Ghillie hoods only cover the top half.

Garnishedviperhood.jpg

Grenadier: M16A2 style AR-15 with an M203.

gp299.jpg

Unique appearance: A grenade belt.

IMG_2896_350.jpg

Sniper: M24.

F2RT4KXGLPH1SI7.jpg

Unique appearance: Same as marksman, ghillie hood.

Sapper: Americans love to barbecue. So we're bound to have plenty of propane tanks lying around. And I can't help but think that in the event of a citizen vs. government civil war, the militants would resort to IED's. Propane IED's would be used against infantry.

Large_Propane_Tank_IED_OTA-6196.jpg

For vehicles, an ANFO bomb.

Civilian: Does what the PR civilians did. Or whatever the devs have planned. He'll wear a white t-shirt and jeans. Maybe a little bit of facial hair.

Frag grenade: M61. 

M-67Grenade.jpg

Smoke:

latest?cb=20130212011521

Knife: M9 bayonet.

513852.jpg

Appearance customization for all classes:

Woodland: 2nd generation ERDL, forest MARPAT, and multicam.

200px-Usa7.jpg200px-Usa10.jpg200px-Usa49.jpg

Desert: Desert MARPAT, tricolor desert, multicam and this one sandy camo that I've seen but can't find the name of.

200px-Usa9.jpg200px-Usa11.jpg200px-Usa49.jpgce9e5e_9acda20bc342ed168f284d1330cf8deb.

Edit: It's ATACS arid, I can't believe no one ever told me.

Grassland: 

200px-Usa49.jpg

Urban: UCP.

200px-Usa12.jpg

Customization features for all militants (Unless you're wearing the ghillie hood, you won't be able to put on some headwear.):

Shemagh can be worn covering face and head or just face. Will have pattern for desert and woodland.

8154f0bd9de40c8cd2fd2cf8a372205a.jpg

cddd7be7c54c0c1680c7ea8427a69e01.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Boonie, baseball cap, or the JonTron (flat top hat.) Can come in any listed camo.

0008654_boonie-hat-multicam.jpegSKD.201-4.jpg5019-solid.jpg

Tactical sunglasses:

opplanet-wiley-x-black-ops-slay-tactical

Maybe some boot and glove customization. Feel free to suggest.

That concludes the Militia infantry section.

<font size="4">Vehicles:<font/>

M998 Humvee: These Humvees are a bit different than normal humvees. The "back" is taken off an usually replaced by a woven covering. They almost always have 3-color woodland camouflage but some are available in the desert scheme.

000_0012.jpg

IMG_2686.jpg

Deuce and a Half: A WW2 truck still sees some use today. Used as transport and logistics truck.

military-truck-2-5-ton-parts-for-m35a2-m

M35A2_with_winch.jpg

Pickup truck: The pickup truck, an American icon. Durable and capable of carrying loads, this can serve as transport and light resupply. A version with a .50 on the back would be nice.

1986_M1008_Chevrolet_PU_CUCV_4x4_DFW_Cam

Large pilothouse boat: A boat with a closed cabin for the driver. Larger ones look like they may be able to hold an entire squad if they cram in there.

pilothouse-boats-720x400.jpg

Charter boat: Due to much larger size, charter boats will be bale to accept a .50" or 2.

new%20misty%20pic.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACH

Emplacements: Flexible, twin 50 cals for anti air.

maxresdefault.jpg

And then of course the standard barricades, fort, single 50 cal, etc.

<font size="6">Police:<font/>

Squad Leader: M4 with EOTech and foregrip. Sidearm is a Glock 17.

DSC00360.jpg

10174571.jpg

Breacher: Will have the same stuff as a PR breacher would. Or, again, whatever the devs have planned.

Loadout 1: Remington 870 with pistol grip and that sort-of M4 stock. Shotgun will have option for beanbag ammunition to subdue civilians.

IMG_35.jpg

Loadout 2: M4 with EOTech.

SEBR.jpg

Grenadier: M32 grenade launcher and M4 with EOTech.

a37ruptura.jpg

Unique appearance: A grenade belt like the one for the militia.

Vehicle Crew Member: I'd assume most crew members would be issued a pistol but that wasn't the case in PR and I don't think it'll work like that in Squad either. The crewman will get an MP5.

mp5.jpg

Unique appearance: I can't find a picture of a police vehicle crew, just their head poking out the driver cupola. But from that, they seem like a regular LAV crew but I'd assume with black camouflage.

robber-in-a-tank.jpg

Marksman: Mk110 SASS with bipod.

m110.jpg

Unique Appearance: Marksmen and snipers can both be seen wearing either just a balaclava or a black baseball cap with "POLICE" written on it. They'll wear the standard kevlar helmet too.

p_emblem_6753.jpg

BLCLV015-2-700x700.jpg

HABW16660-4.jpg?1409925049

Sniper: Remington 700 with bipod.

804cbbedde430dac771f82b90934ed4c.jpg

LAT: M4 with EOTech and AT-4. The police don't have AT-4's but I'm 100% sure they'd upgrade in the event of a civil uprising.

AT4.jpg

Everyone else gets an M4 and EOTech or doesn't exist. (Automatic rifleman, HAT, etc.) All classes get handcuffs. 

Frag grenade: M67

M67b.jpg

Smoke grenade: M18

Knife: M9

Appearance: A plate carrier with Deltoid armor. It's like sleeves for a plate carrier. On the sleeves, there will be a patch of the police force. And of course the backwards US flag.

ferguson-police.jpg

They'll wear military boots, forest MARPAT pants, and and olive drab-looking t-shirt. A black kevlar helmet is a must.

Lenco Bearcat: An armored car with gun ports.

lenco_bearcat_g3.jpeg

MRAP (armed): Sticking with the idea of police upgrading, imagine a 50 cal on that turret.

M-fpvehicle-t607.JPG

MRAP (unarmed): It doesn't even have the turret.

allendalepdmrapthumb.jpg

M113 (unarmed):

4.jpg

M113 (armed): Again, the same as above with a 50 cal.

LAV-150(?) (unarmed):

POLICE-TANK2-374x278.png

LAV-150 (armed): With a whopping 90mm cannon. One of the main heavy hitters of the police forces.

ve_sct_commando_v3.jpg

LAV-300(armed): The LAV you saw earlier in the infantry section was an unarmed LAV-300. Usually this LAV is armed with a 90mm cannon but for balancing, I think we should go with the 25mm version. This will be the other main heavy of the police forces.

LAV-300_25mm_Gun_Wheeled_Armored_Vehicle

RHIB boat (armed): With a 50 cal.

US_Navy_040520-N-7586B-057_Riding_in_a_R

AH-6 Littlebird (unarmed):

mh-6.jpg

AH-6 Littlebird (CAS): Armed with 2 miniguns and 2 7-tube rocket pods.

Boeing_AH-6i_helicopter_Asa%2BRotativa.j

Emplacements are standard stuff. But no TOW launchers.

<font size="6">National Guard:<font/>

Carbon copy of US Army faction but with ACU and AT-4's for the LAT. And no ugly FAST helmets.

Humvee (armed): Humvee with 50 cal turret.

2148519-50cal_hummer.jpg

LMTV: Logistics and transport.

lmtv-military-operations-command-defense

M2 Bradly:

Dsc04558.jpg

M1A2 Abrams:

maxresdefault.jpg

UH-72 Lakota: Light transport and scouting.

UH-72A_at_Pentagon_in_2011.jpg

UH-60 Black Hawk:

Blackhawk.jpg

AH-64 Apache:

AH-64D_Apache_Longbow.jpg

CH-47 Chinook:

160304-N-ZH960-083.JPG

Am I missing something? I seriously cannot find anything on naval craft for the NG. And I know the Air National Guard has F-16's, 15's, and A-10's but that would be OP AF.

Leave your own suggestions and criticisms.

Edited by YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

6 minutes ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

Due to the never ending 2nd amendment debates, this is an idea not for OWI if you want to keep your name clean. My idea is for a US-specific militia to fight National Guard, and militarized police forces.

That is the heaviest pictured post I've ever seen.

I would really like a Red Dawn sort of approach but having an American civilian faction would be pretty cool.

AR15s for everyone and a few Tikka and Remmington rifles thrown in there.

Wouldn't that be a large change of playstyle to have a faction with "muh huntin rifles" where many people have high magnification optics?

Just basically the same as the current Militia vs RU forces but flipped for the US to tickle your fancy.

Although with the amount of content you've linked and posted, that's hardly an idea for a small mod team lol. That's a total conversion stretching across features and content that aren't even available, aka a whole new game. :P

Think less customisation and more current systems in place. Randomised player models that have variations. :D

Somewhat messy post with few clear distinctions. That set aside, I -really- like the idea and I'm glad someone pitched it. It'd be necessary to choose one of the two governmental branches. Aesthetically and perhaps realistically, I'd vote gone for Police, but this being Squad, the National Guard seems like a better alternative.

Alternatively, one could do something more subtle with a generic "Anti-terrorist" unit, using the current U.S. Army as foundation

1 hour ago, Rybec said:

That is the heaviest pictured post I've ever seen.

I would really like a Red Dawn sort of approach but having an American civilian faction would be pretty cool.

AR15s for everyone and a few Tikka and Remmington rifles thrown in there.

Wouldn't that be a large change of playstyle to have a faction with "muh huntin rifles" where many people have high magnification optics?

I spent weeks on it.

50 minutes ago, HannesFury said:

Somewhat messy post with few clear distinctions. That set aside, I -really- like the idea and I'm glad someone pitched it. It'd be necessary to choose one of the two governmental branches. Aesthetically and perhaps realistically, I'd vote gone for Police, but this being Squad, the National Guard seems like a better alternative.

Alternatively, one could do something more subtle with a generic "Anti-terrorist" unit, using the current U.S. Army as foundation

I thought about a counter-terrorist branch but couldn't find info and remembered I'm not creative enough to make on on my own.

agree 100%

US Civil War 2: US insurgents vs Nat Guard

levels could be in shopping centers, rural towns, urban centers, state capitals...

epic, and SCARY! 

32 minutes ago, gunbattle said:

agree 100%

levels could be in shopping centers, rural towns, urban centers, state capitals...

epic, and SCARY! 

Make Nat Guards main base a Walmart!

51 minutes ago, gunbattle said:

agree 100%

epic, and SCARY! 

What I was thinking for maps.

Suburbs:

suburban.jpg

City:

latest?cb=20130726192504

Some old abandoned desert place where militants would hide:

article-2295570-18C3D73E000005DC-537_964

Oh the possibilities are endless. 

Edited by YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

10 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

That's one battle matchup where the militia could be better armed than the authority faction.

The police has vehicles so I have the militia the appropriate ANTI-vehicle weapons.

I guessed as much. I just find it funny/peculiar. In Squad the US & Russians would be better equipped than the malitias & insurgents. In your US malitia they have access to better weapons than government forces. Coming from the UK that is a strange concept.

13 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

I guessed as much. I just find it funny/peculiar. In Squad the US & Russians would be better equipped than the malitias & insurgents. In your US malitia they have access to better weapons than government forces. Coming from the UK that is a strange concept.

Well, our militias currently don't have all of the stuff I put. I just put that there for balancing, they would have captured Stingers and AT weapons from NG bases and buy some explosives off black market. I had just realized I forgot to equip the militia with a standard grenade. M61 frag it is.

I actually like the idea a lot, it'll be a motley mix of pimped out AKs and AR-15s and all the stuff that makes up the wet dream of a mall ninja. That being said, as Assifuah said, it's one hell of a lot of stuff to do, and requires an in-depth customisation feature that SQUAD may not necessarily include.

50 minutes ago, Blackout330 said:

I actually like the idea a lot, it'll be a motley mix of pimped out AKs and AR-15s and all the stuff that makes up the wet dream of a mall ninja. That being said, as Assifuah said, it's one hell of a lot of stuff to do, and requires an in-depth customisation feature that SQUAD may not necessarily include.

They are going to have mod support so its going to be up to the community. 

7 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

plz yes

if you want to play 5,56 city go play bad company 2

not to mention US militia wouldn't even have proper emplacements or vehicles.

and there is a SHITLOAD wrong with your OP which is way too long and needs to be spoiler'd the fuck up

overall this post reads very low effort

6 hours ago, shawn7186 said:

They are going to have mod support so its going to be up to the community. 

Yes, mod support will be in, but even then for a mod to work it needs to be within the limits of what the game can offer, and the form of scripting that the guy allows. For instance, while PR may be wildly different from BF2, its roots from BF2 are still seen from the game mechanics and engine limitations that forces the MG3 to have only 75% of its full rate of fire.

It's also why Born to Kill can't implement flamethrowers, landmines and traps in Insurgency, simply because in the current state Insurgency doesn't have flamethrower support in its codes.

So if the game only allows for a restricted and barely mod-able customisation system it'll be hard to build on it to get all those Daniel Defence builds like you see in Escape from Tarkov.

But where are the zombies?

No thanks, maybe if I were a gunslinging redneck who though the government was trying to ban guns, but no...

Edit: I'm just realizing how awesome this would be if there were random ambient zombies you had to watch out for.

Edited by Aniallator

The idea is nice but the content is all sorts of wrong, in my opinion. The problem is that there's no real one popular loadout for civilians when it comes to their rifles and so without a heavy degree of customization you're going to get complaints. Personally? I think MOE ARs are disgusting and the furniture is pretty crap. EOTechs are shit and aren't extremely popular because they're more expensive than Aimpoint PROs, PA Micro Dots, and worse then higher end Aimpoints, that polymer AK is gaudy and gun show scalper-tier as fuck, and so on and so forth.

I think it'd be a neat concept, but the execution will never be exactly perfect in a game like this. I'd like to see it, but it would take a good bit of effort to get right. 

41 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

who though the government was trying to ban guns

..But they are?

12 minutes ago, VarenykySupreme said:

I think it'd be a neat concept, but the execution will never be exactly perfect in a game like this

Something I'll disagree with is theoretically it'd be like a reskin of the current insurgents but instead of having a lot of technology from a few decades ago you'd have civi tech with the possibility of having those guys who've spent $2000 on their AR and have a plate carrier (whether or not they can actually run more than 2 minutes since they never go running shouldn't be taken into account here)

It'd be a different form of asymmetrical fighting which seems fascinating

1 minute ago, Rybec said:

..But they are?

Something I'll disagree with is theoretically it'd be like a reskin of the current insurgents but instead of having a lot of technology from a few decades ago you'd have civi tech with the possibility of having those guys who've spent $2000 on their AR and have a plate carrier (whether or not they can actually run more than 2 minutes since they never go running shouldn't be taken into account here)

It'd be a different form of asymmetrical fighting which seems fascinating

Well, that is what I mean by the content is all wrong. I think stuff like the Stinger and SMAW for the a US militia would take away too much of the asymmetrical warfare aspect of an insurgency, would it not? To piggyback on top of this, though, wouldn't it be a bit absurd to have the Nat Guard with M1A2s and Bradleys? They have access to them, but even for Ruby Ridge they only brought out, what, 2 Bradleys and an M1 Abrams? That being said, a full scale American insurgency would be quite difference from a poorly armed family hole'd up in a house. 

I think, in my opinion, the hardest part would be keeping the current UI given the number of weapons Americans are liable to have. Right now the current selection menu is even clunkier than PR in my opinion, with each class modification having a completely new tile. Could you imagine how rifleman would look if you had AR-15, AR-15 with ACOG, AR-15 with red dot, AK-47, AKM, AKM with red dot, AKM with PSO, AK-74, AK-74M, and so on and so forth? It would get ridiculous quickly.

The modeling would be pretty intensive too, considering the amount of different types of people you'd have to model (fat, skinny, fit, young, old, white, black, asian, plate carrier, chest rig, camouflage, plad, etc.) just to give people what they want (let's be honest, this is the type of thing that would need a lot of different models to please people, given the uniqueness of America.)

Then, when it comes to the weapons being "full auto", that should be scratched off. Do you have any idea how hard it is to convert an AR-15 into full auto? AKs are easy if you have a drill press, but ARs require a mill. Semi auto would also be more fun and would help with the disparity. 

I'm not saying I dislike the idea, don't get me wrong, but whether or not I think it's feasible is completely different. If the mod team is highly dedicated and doesn't drop out like a lot of others have over the years on their projects, then it would be awesome.