Name: "Tresenka Border"

Landscape: Alpine

Climate: Cold Alpine in the higher area closer to the airbase and cold, wet, muddy forests in the lower valley. Dense forests, small water canals, muddy dirt paths, one main highway.

Setting: Tresenka Border takes place in a fictional setting along the border between Russia and a country at war. Fighters from the warring country continuously use the river and mountainous terrain to cross into Russian territory aswell as making use of old WWII trenches. However as fighting has intensified in the region, Insurgents have pushed through the border-crossing while Russian forces' increased security will now be on the defensive to protect it's military installations and small civilian population in the region. This battle will take place in a clash near a military airbase just outside of the border between the Russian Federation and Insurgent forces. 

Factions: Russian Federation vs Insurgents

Design Plans: Large scale map designed for Infantry, Transportation, Light Armor and Heavy armor fighting in a heavily forested area. High vantage overwatch military installations, some bunkers carved into the mountains, Radar stations. Custom buildings and assets also planned.

Inspirations: Battlefield 2 , Project Reality, Altai Range (Battlefield 4) for setting, Damavand Peak (Battlefield 3).

Screenshots: (link) First Rough Pass

Update 1

Update 2 - Lighting and Environment

Note: This is my first creation using Unreal Engine 4 but i'm so excited and determined to complete this map :D. Terrain textures were pretty hard for me to get right and natural looking. I'm on my third pass so far so the snow capped mountains are indeed a work-in-progress :S.

Update: Worked on the mountain side and terrain a bit more. Check the album above for screenshots!

B8R1wlD.jpg

Feedback and Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Edited by Blindside

Very cool man, i love the setting, reminds me of BF2 and PR china-based maps, especially with the big oil refinery tanks. so cool to see this stuff popping up already, keep up the great work!

36 minutes ago, paul_onesix said:

Very cool man, i love the setting, reminds me of BF2 and PR china-based maps, especially with the big oil refinery tanks. so cool to see this stuff popping up already, keep up the great work!

Yeah haha, that is actually a pretty big inspiration for this map :)  I'm thinking of doing 2 versions. One of a smaller scale with Russia vs Insurgents (transport, light APC, tanks, ground units), and a second of larger scale (utilizing the entire map) with Russia vs China using transports, apc's, tanks, helicopters... basically 2 full conventional forces fighting. But of course that's a ways to come ^_^

Edited by Blindside

Looks wonderful, dude! I would suggest you pay some extra attention to some areas in high grounds with clear visibility to avenues of approach to the flags down below. I think these sort of areas can lead to very interesting "secondary objective" clashes. Keep it up!

41 minutes ago, TheNirl said:

Looks wonderful, dude! I would suggest you pay some extra attention to some areas in high grounds with clear visibility to avenues of approach to the flags down below. I think these sort of areas can lead to very interesting "secondary objective" clashes. Keep it up!

Oh don't worry. It's a huge focus of mine :D

Buddy this map looks incredible !!!!!! 

I love your mountain path trails. Arrange there some "tourist spots" and tourist marks. It will add some good feelings. 

This places are classic like "trees are cut out" from that area. So you can see forest and this viewspot is cleared. 

Yeah may be you can include this thought. Soldiers built their tranches. I saw one at picture you made. This wood was taken from somewhere right?. But if it was from 2ww its 70 years. So no big forest around, just "pioneers" tree but old. Pioneers tree is for example birch. So small birchs around and messy bigger bushes. But no deep forest. 

Also in mountain areas its classic that there is logging industry. So you can create some "foul" where industry worked. Usually rectangle area 200m x 400m at slope. 

Below are heaps of wood and at clearing area is mess of branches and stumps. 

Road paths to this area should be destroyed by heavy machinery. So dirty and full of puddles and muds.

O another idea. Mountains has avalanche zones. Those area are constantly destroyed by snow and rocks and  falling mud. Google some pictures about that. It create corridor like river. It can split and join again when avalanche travel through terrain. Bigger stones at bottom. Upper and upper its smother. But more shiny then other areas. It can be "bitten" in to forest. If its longer from that accident time there can be smaller trees and bushes. you can even find very ofthen trail paths through this avalanche areas. Because peoples have to travel. But they are very "narrow" and straight. 

Those fuel tanks should be just few feets above terrain. This is not safty. If it would be hit whole area will blow up like ****. 

Even in industry those fuel tanks are sunk in to a ground. I know that its not nice but much better could be if you place there some observation towers and sunk those fuel tanks. Just maintenance walkway keep above. 

Awesome work dude! For some reason my terrain gets shiny :/ but ill see if i can fix that :D