Sign in to follow this  
Christianos93

My system set up spec will it work?

Yes it will, just be sure to decrease the shadows or even turn them off because they cost alot especially on AMD GPUs. Also you should overclock your CPU if you can, you will get even more frames as Squad is CPU intensive. For much quicker loading times between the maps install the game on SSD. Don't forget to update the GPU drivers to the newest Crimson 16.5.2 or 16.5.2.1 if you intend to play Doom aswell

How is it possible to over clock, 

mite being custom built as we speak and should arrive in the next couple of days. Have got a 144hz curved monitor 

Just now, Christianos93 said:

How is it possible to over clock, 

mite being custom built as we speak and should arrive in the next couple of days. Have got a 144hz curved monitor 

Well, if you ask here how to overclock then I wouldn't recommend doing it on your own. However if you really really want to try, use google

Switched from Xbox one due to its terrible performance to the custom built desktop, just waiting for battlefield 1 to come out then that will be me. Asked for a specific machine k will be able to play it on the highest quality and this is what they recommended 

8 minutes ago, Christianos93 said:

Switched from Xbox one due to its terrible performance to the custom built desktop, just waiting for battlefield 1 to come out then that will be me. Asked for a specific machine k will be able to play it on the highest quality and this is what they recommended 

Good choice. I switched aswell from PS4 and it feels like a huge upgrade. I've got a similar setup like you, Battlefield 4 works at stable 60fps on Ultra settings. Same story will apply to Battlefield 1

For the money I spent on the Xbox it was ridiculous for it to break within a year

regarding over clocking k have watched a few videos on just a basic simple over clock you can do. Hopefully fingers crossed it will all be smooth. 

just putting this out there, the "K" at the end of your processor means its unlocked for overclocking, so effectively you paid extra for a feature your not going to use.

To overclock you would have to boot into your bios and change the core voltage and multiplier, depending on your motherboard, you can google it and its not that hard.
if your PC fails to boot or blue screens you can just reset your bios to defaults to un-do it.

1 minute ago, SuicidalChair said:

just putting this out there, the "K" at the end of your processor means its unlocked for overclocking, so effectively you paid extra for a feature your not going to use.

To overclock you would have to boot into your bios and change the core voltage and multiplier, depending on your motherboard, you can google it and its not that hard.
if your PC fails to boot or blue screens you can just reset your bios to defaults to un-do it.

Motherboard is gigabyte ga z170xp sli Intel z170 socket 1151