Sign in to follow this  
Aniallator

M72... A7 or A6?

Aestetic again.But... it matter on one char.So be it.

BTW,didn't you recognize huge RETINA mark on Aimpoint on a main page.

Edited by samogon

Well I do hope there are some devs that have seen this to put in into effect. Changing the name should be super easy.

6 hours ago, samogon said:

BTW,didn't you recognize huge RETINA mark on Aimpoint on a main page.

Er... what?

Edited by Aniallator

Another thing that must be changed immediately is that the law irl is 630mm collapsed and in game when I used my measuring tape it was 630.5mm

34 minutes ago, Sierra1Golf said:

Another thing that must be changed immediately is that the law irl is 630mm collapsed and in game when I used my measuring tape it was 630.5mm

Pointless rhetoric that adds nothing to the purpose of the thread is unwelcome.

10 minutes ago, JarryHead said:

Yeah, I'll worry about it when they have LAWs with different rocket types (HE/AT)

Does the LAW manufacture different warheads though?

6 hours ago, Aniallator said:

Does the LAW manufacture different warheads though?

It says so in the source you posted up top...

23 minutes ago, JarryHead said:

It says so in the source you posted up top...

Well yeah, different variants use different warheads, like the A1 as opposed to the A4... I was talking about different kinds of warheads for the same A6 variant.

9 hours ago, Aniallator said:

Well yeah, different variants use different warheads, like the A1 as opposed to the A4... I was talking about different kinds of warheads for the same A6 variant.

So I meant that when they implement more than one of the variants in-game, then they should definitely give them the correct designation. As it is now, I don't think anyone notices that it's the A7 as opposed to the A6, and it makes no difference to the game anyway.

Edited by JarryHead

A6 and A7 are not the same. A6 warhead consists of 315g of Octol explosive, A7 warhead filled with PBXN-9 explosive to make the LAW insensitive munition compliant. Navy and USMC made the first big orders for M72A7, but Army was buying this modification (designated as HA29) since 2012.

10 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:

A6 and A7 are not the same. A6 warhead consists of 315g of Octol explosive, A7 warhead filled with PBXN-9 explosive to make the LAW insensitive munition compliant. Navy and USMC made the first big orders for M72A7, but Army was buying this modification (designated as HA29) since 2012.

Sause?

19 minutes ago, samogon said:

naah just kinda interesting.

Just kidding :) Look for Nammo ammunition handbook, there is a list of munitions currently produced by Talley, and there is US Army budget justification books on globalsecurity.com, "Shoulder launched munitions, all types" part. I'd like to give a direct link, but it looks like I wasted my trial period for this website.

6 hours ago, ZiGreen said:

Okay, thanks for clarifying :) A7 is all good then.