shawn7186

COD players!

The community is filled with COD players! I started making jokes during Kick-Starter about how Squad was missing features that COD had. Now I realize its no longer a laughing matter. Its not the missing COD features like kill packages that are killing squad, "Sarcasm"  its the player base. This... this.. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 mentality!!!

Here is an example of how squad should be played. I suck, I know, but after playing this round I realized the issue is not entirely performance based or the lack of content like vehicles, although I'm becoming a little impatient for its release!  Its a long video watch it thoroughly before posting, and for those who will post about new steam players being the issue they aren't!  Not entirely! 

1 hour ago, shawn7186 said:

Here is an example of how squad should be played.

>>>1 minute into the video starts shooting full auto on an enemy soldier he can barely see (and keeps doing that throughout the video, is this where all the "m4 has too much recoil" posts come from?), proceeds to run towards the enemy position with a medic bag out instead of his weapon. Not to mention you guys are attacking a cache with just one squad for several minutes instead of falling back, which is a waste of tickets 9 times out of 10 in a game mode where every ticket counts.

Yeah, no. This is not how Squad is supposed to be played and you're actually part of the problem. I will rate this video 5/7 for lack of dubstep music and no MLG horn sound effect or flying doritos either.

Nice you got a taste of teamwork. It will get even better when you push it from squad to teamlevel :) 

50 minutes ago, MultiSquid said:

>>>1 minute into the video starts shooting full auto on an enemy soldier he can barely see (and keeps doing that throughout the video, is this where all the "m4 has too much recoil" posts come from?), proceeds to run towards the enemy position with a medic bag out instead of his weapon. Not to mention you guys are attacking a cache with just one squad for several minutes instead of falling back, which is a waste of tickets 9 times out of 10 in a game mode where every ticket counts.

Yeah, no. This is not how Squad is supposed to be played and you're actually part of the problem. I will rate this video 5/7 for lack of dubstep music and no MLG horn sound effect or flying doritos either.

Stop taking things out of context. The entirety of my post highlights the fact that I wasn't referring to myself when I stated " This is how squad is supposed to be played" I was referring to my Squad/Team.

Also I shouldn't have to shoot my primary as if its my sidearm. In simple terms an assault rifle with a foregrip shouldn't have to be shot like a pistol.

And fall back where to main base!? for what!? we were holding, waiting for reinforcements maybe if you weren't listening to Dubstep while watching the video you would of heard my squad leader ask for reinforcements to push. 

39 minutes ago, shawn7186 said:

Also I shouldn't have to shoot my primary as if its my sidearm. In simple terms an assault rifle with a foregrip shouldn't have to be shot like a pistol.

actually professional shooters will shoot them exactly the same

M4 does have too much recoil but you shouldn't go full auto

1 hour ago, trotskygrad said:

actually professional shooters will shoot them exactly the same

M4 does have too much recoil but you shouldn't go full auto

Whoa dere' man, that sounds a lot like you meant that for me too! I almost exclusively use full auto on the AK <200m because ammo is abundant and suppression is a must(I also play mostly RPK...). I have found that groupings become tighter(I play CS a lot) the longer I sustain fire for, and most of my long range kills(I prefer irons) are not on semi. I follow a strict "don't kill don't shoot" policy where I say that if you can't be sure of the kill don't try(excluding when they are already shooting at you), and that doctrine lends well to going full-auto at range too. If you can control your fire effectively you can take players out at 200+ meters using short 3-5 round bursts, or if you are prone(which you should be given that you can't brace on cover), just hold the trigger and point. It should also be noted this doctrine only works for engagements that take place across open terrain. I still suggest you use semi on the M4 until they fix it's recoil.

8 minutes ago, NotBrad said:

Whoa dere' man, that sounds a lot like you meant that for me too! I almost exclusively use full auto on the AK <200m because ammo is abundant and suppression is a must(I also play mostly RPK...). I have found that groupings become tighter(I play CS a lot) the longer  sustain fire for longer, and most of my long range kills(I prefer irons) are not on semi. I follow a strict "don't kill don't shoot" policy where I say that if you can't be sure of the kill don't try(excluding when they are already shooting at you), and that doctrine lends well to going full-auto at range too. If you can control your fire effectively you can take players out at 200+ meters using short 3-5 round bursts, or if you are prone(which you should be given that you can't brace on cover), just hold the trigger and point. It should also be noted this doctrine only works for engagements that take place across open terrain. I still suggest you use semi on the M4 until they fix it's recoil.

normally I'm a flanker so I try to not shoot so much, but that could work on assault. Every shot is a liability :D

2 hours ago, shawn7186 said:

Technically you shouldn't have to discharge your sidearm, it is a last ditch secondary weapon used only for close quarters self defense when the use of your primary is a non-option. The maneuverability problems associated with rifles in CQC is difficult to represent in a game, and the use of sidearm or knife as a counter to hand-to-hand combat in close quarters likely won't see any representation in game. The lack of barrel collision and the inability to knock the barrel of a rifle to the side(both real issues with using a rifle CQC) are never going to be in game, meaning that "barrel stuffing" your opponent in CQC is the only way to survive. The sidearms do almost no damage right now, which isn't accurate to how it really is, a 9mm will actually do more damage at close range than the ball ammo used in an M4 or an AK-74. The reason for those cartridges is their muzzle velocity, which allows their effective killing power to actually follow a bell curve due to impact yaw and fragmentation. The 9mm will deform on impact and do massive damage inside. The ball ammo found in a rifle on the other hand will be moving too fast to yaw or deform inside, which is why the 7.62 is a good cartridge for close quarters, it's increased diameter and lower muzzle velocity allow for more damage on impact at close range with the expense of muzzle drop and killing power at range.

More on topic, those rifles actually lack killing power at close range because they make pencil holes that close back up after the bullet passes through, the 9mm is 75% larger which grants it much greater stopping power(the actual instant felt damage of a round) than a smaller rifle cartridge which passes right through. My point? The sidearms should have more damage at close range that drops off very quickly past 50 meters.

To conclude, in the current build of the game, the only reason to use a sidearm is because you've depleted your primary ammo. I've done it myself, and usually if you run out of ammo you can't easily disengage and fall back, so you must use that weak little pistol to protect yourself from the onslaught of ruthless enemies. It does the job, and I'd even go so far as to say that every class should have one, whether it's realistic or not for that faction.

2 hours ago, NotBrad said:

Whoa dere' man, that sounds a lot like you meant that for me too! I almost exclusively use full auto on the AK <200m because ammo is abundant and suppression is a must(I also play mostly RPK...). I have found that groupings become tighter(I play CS a lot) the longer I sustain fire for, and most of my long range kills(I prefer irons) are not on semi. I follow a strict "don't kill don't shoot" policy where I say that if you can't be sure of the kill don't try(excluding when they are already shooting at you), and that doctrine lends well to going full-auto at range too. If you can control your fire effectively you can take players out at 200+ meters using short 3-5 round bursts, or if you are prone(which you should be given that you can't brace on cover), just hold the trigger and point. It should also be noted this doctrine only works for engagements that take place across open terrain. I still suggest you use semi on the M4 until they fix it's recoil.

I think it's really because of the constant recoil of full auto. It not really that your groupings are tighter, but you're more likely to hit your target, and with constant recoil going for you, you can also adjust quickly, yet not very precisely. In the case of Semi-Auto, you have to re-adjust after every shot, but unlike in the case of Fully Automatic, you can only put out a certain amount of accurate fire.

6 hours ago, MultiSquid said:

23suKqd.jpg