Jump to content
Nemesis

What Sound-Card do you carry and how do you carry one?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, (62c)SarGent said:

Sound blaster Z with Astro A50s. Needed a card with Dolby live to properly use my A50's. 

 

p.s. don't hate me for using Astros, my wife surprised me with them, she is awesome. 

man thats pretty cool of her buying you those headsets most wifes would toss the PC out the window

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/5/2016 at 6:36 AM, Nemesis said:

Shout out your Sound-Cards if you carry one!
My question is what is the best sound card do you believe best suits SQUAD Gaming!

I personally carry ASUS DGX and works Great with the game but the DX from what I learned threw ASUS tech support is that it increases my gaming by 10-25% in system performance!

Do you use one or do you use USB?

If you carry USB does having one better support your computer for gaming?

for those Sound Card Carrying Users?

Do you Use Creative?

 

Hi dude,

 

So the way it works is as follows - the expensive sound cards are more expensive due to their features. You literally are just paying for the extra features these cards offer, like dolby surround etc.

 

If you do not want a specific feature then do not bother buying an insansly good soundcard unless you will use it.

 

The other option is the buy external usb dac and amp. I personally use a fii0ek10 external amp/dac . Also, it depends high much impedance your headphones have.

 

Are you using high OHM headphones, then you will 100% need an amp to drive them.

Also razer offer free virtual surround sound via software, so give it a shot.

 

So when you are making your choice ask the following questions:

1) What features do you want

2) How many OHMs are your headset and will that soundcard drive it adequately.

3) Should you get an external setup to rule out and electrical interfereance from inside your rig (some have shielding but can still get interference)

4) Do you want direct 2.0 Stereo or 5.1 from a soundcard (although it's not true 5.1) .

 

I play on stereo with byerdynamics 990T pros (studio quality and with an external amp/dac)

I tried virtual surround and hated it, although the soundstage is ok and you really can feel where the shots are coming from.

With stereo though, I can hear footsteps where people would normally barley hear them. Lets you get the hop on people so many times :)

 

Hope that helps bro..

Either way your choice totally depends on what you want it for, and the features you want!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy an external USB DAC. Everyone who knows something about technics and care about sound use external DACs and not PCI sound cards.

Oh, and don't forget to get true 5.1 headphones with 6 physical dynamics if you care about positioning in Squad:

earforcedetail.gif

 

People who have never even held that kind of headphones in their hands say it's shit and stereo is better, but they are just a wishful thinkers(5.1 is bad just because it's bad. I've never tried 5.1 and I own stereo but 5.1 is bad anyway) and they have no any idea how OP 5.1 headphones are compared to stereo in all games you can play: CS:GO, Battlefield, Insurgency, Squad etc.

 

There could be less than 10 people in the whole Squad community playing with a proper external USB gaming DAC and proper true 5.1 gaming headset with 6 physical dynamics.

Edited by KulaGGin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using asus xonar dx PCIex sound card + creative aurvana live 

 

very good sounds at dolby and gaming mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 2, 2016 at 2:28 AM, (62c)SarGent said:

Sound blaster Z with Astro A50s. Needed a card with Dolby live to properly use my A50's. 

 

p.s. don't hate me for using Astros, my wife surprised me with them, she is awesome. 

Did you knotice a system performance on Gaming in squad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 2, 2016 at 5:31 AM, Irish_rangers said:

Hi dude,

 

So the way it works is as follows - the expensive sound cards are more expensive due to their features. You literally are just paying for the extra features these cards offer, like dolby surround etc.

 

If you do not want a specific feature then do not bother buying an insansly good soundcard unless you will use it.

 

The other option is the buy external usb dac and amp. I personally use a fii0ek10 external amp/dac . Also, it depends high much impedance your headphones have.

 

Are you using high OHM headphones, then you will 100% need an amp to drive them.

Also razer offer free virtual surround sound via software, so give it a shot.

 

So when you are making your choice ask the following questions:

1) What features do you want

2) How many OHMs are your headset and will that soundcard drive it adequately.

3) Should you get an external setup to rule out and electrical interfereance from inside your rig (some have shielding but can still get interference)

4) Do you want direct 2.0 Stereo or 5.1 from a soundcard (although it's not true 5.1) .

 

I play on stereo with byerdynamics 990T pros (studio quality and with an external amp/dac)

I tried virtual surround and hated it, although the soundstage is ok and you really can feel where the shots are coming from.

With stereo though, I can hear footsteps where people would normally barley hear them. Lets you get the hop on people so many times :)

 

Hope that helps bro..

Either way your choice totally depends on what you want it for, and the features you want!

tbh I recently Tried out some Turtle Beach Blue Tooth Headsets and work wonders but luckly for me im using 30 MM jacks on my sound card (ASUS dbx) and Set up the sound card for HD only on settings but I remember the gaming changing the Performance with Dolby Surround Sound and switching it during ingame and Remember that Sound quality changes from tripping on abient sounds and footsteps to playing a HD Quality Sound that made the game not able to switch audio plugs from using Sterrio Headphones with audio to Headsets with VOIP on the same Plug but nothing on setting up analogs with headsets with Voice only and Sound out of the headsets while in game , this was pissing me off for a long time and with many attempts I figure that using 2 Male -Female on each socket on the sound card 1 being for speakers and other for microphone that I can Set my speakers to use audio while I have a plug avalible on the speaker to switch in and out of Battle Cry Mode and Still use my micrphone on the Spare cable with the Male -Female on the Microphone plug. I hear you on the Sound Quality with that AMP because that shit is real when it comes down to gaming I used to mess with a toshiba Home Theater back durring my IBM days and Man I have to say having that AMP made watching a rave at home a Real Deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 4, 2016 at 1:37 PM, KulaGGin said:

Buy an external USB DAC. Everyone who knows something about technics and care about sound use external DACs and not PCI sound cards.

Oh, and don't forget to get true 5.1 headphones with 6 physical dynamics if you care about positioning in Squad:

earforcedetail.gif

 

People who have never even held that kind of headphones in their hands say it's shit and stereo is better, but they are just a wishful thinkers(5.1 is bad just because it's bad. I've never tried 5.1 and I own stereo but 5.1 is bad anyway) and they have no any idea how OP 5.1 headphones are compared to stereo in all games you can play: CS:GO, Battlefield, Insurgency, Squad etc.

 

There could be less than 10 people in the whole Squad community playing with a proper external USB gaming DAC and proper true 5.1 gaming headset with 6 physical dynamics.

Having to choose headsets is a real deal with us Trust I been through 4 Pairs of Hyper X Clouds and I must say the wires bring quality but when it comes to confort I give them the Quality Theater award but Honestly They want you to F up in ways I can't explain and break a pin or accidently put your deatchable micrphone in the washer and not able to use the spare micrphones you have because They are Serial Coded with there own Pair , the best I suggest is not going anything more than 35 MM on the Headsets and please make sure the headsets are compatibale with your computer cause you know how blue tooth headsets don't always work with someone that don't own bluetooth on the Tower, Let your Heart Decide on what suits your Taste , Confort, Volume, size and Performance and issurance. Those FootSteps I can hear with a pair of 2004 Headsets and last me but I loose in Microphone quality with those pair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×