Nemesis

What Sound-Card do you carry and how do you carry one?

Shout out your Sound-Cards if you carry one!
My question is what is the best sound card do you believe best suits SQUAD Gaming!

I personally carry ASUS DGX and works Great with the game but the DX from what I learned threw ASUS tech support is that it increases my gaming by 10-25% in system performance!

Do you use one or do you use USB?

If you carry USB does having one better support your computer for gaming?

for those Sound Card Carrying Users?

Do you Use Creative?

What Sound-Card do you carry and how do you carry one?

Why silly one, under my arm of course!

Honestly, I'm using an ASUS Essence STX, it's a great soundboard for hi-fi music but it clearly wasn't made for gaming purposes. (of course one can use it for gaming, and it certainly will not perform in a bad way!)

12 minutes ago, invisible.nin/SINE said:

Why silly one, under my arm of course!

Lmao!! That ARM must be a Blue tooth Speaker that You drive your Neighborhood Crazy?!

I guess I was Refering to what Size (PCI--PCIE----(PCIE16) or so on?

12 minutes ago, invisible.nin/SINE said:

12 minutes ago, bilsantu said:

Buy a DAC if you are playing with headphones. 

Must be Dope

16 minutes ago, bilsantu said:

Buy a DAC if you are playing with headphones. 

I'm sure all and every soundcard have DAC as default part in the output. ;)

It is much more critical to have all dipoles in copper in same orientation, so ionisator ring around the line cable is much more beneficial.

• No soundcard will give you better performance in Squad as there's no hardware accelerated audio
  • PCI soundcards perform better than USB
  • Soundcards already have a DAC built-in, no need to buy a separate one
  • You buy a soundcard for DSP, virtual surround (CMSS-3D from Creative, Dolby Headphone from Asus) and better quality audio
  • You still need good headphones to fully enjoy the benefits and those headphones may require an additional amp (although there's a built-in one, RCA outputs are usually much better than the headphone jack)

47 minutes ago, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

I'm sure all and every soundcard have DAC as default part in the output. ;)

It is much more critical to have all dipoles in copper in same orientation, so ionisator ring around the line cable is much more beneficial.

I've started hearing good things about DACs lately, most people are preferring them over sound cards. So, they are a good alternative to dedicated sound cards I believe but yeah, sound cards have built-in DAC but I don't know if they are as good as a dedicated DAC, haven't tested or read in-depth reviews. 

Well sounds like You guys might just want this to play your audio instead LOL

51zJQMrW6cL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

Just now, Nemesis said:

You guys about Rock N Roll and Remember not to have a AMP Connected?

External DAC/Amp combo with 600 ohm headphones is my cup of tea. Very natural sound; may not be what most gamers look for. 

Laptop's onboard soundcard paired with some cheap Turtle Beach headsets.

Nothing fancy, they do a decent job at delivering the right sounds to my ears.

Sabrent external USB audio adapter. I get really bad buzzing in my mobo sound card; for $7 the Sabrent works damn well(IMO).

Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer PCI with 5.1 Headset via Jack

I have it for ~10Years (or even more).

The 2 Issues i've got ever was:

1st lack of any good Win7+ Drivers (until i found PAX)

2nd random Bluescreens in PR (until i found PAX^_^ )

Its not a High End but for her Age it sound's goood.

For me it's the best Soundcard ATM. When this one burns out, i would buy a Creative again.

The UE4 engine doesn't support hardware sound acceleration atm - all work is done from the CPU. It's because they use the XAudio2-library from Microsoft - and Microsoft want to simplify the sound thingi as much as possible - for PC (Windows) and XBox.

I think I have read something about that Epic Games want to support more sound libraries in the future - maybe with HW acceleration support. I miss the good old EAX-times...a good Creative gaming card and EAX on changed the whole game atmosphere (if the game supported EAX).

If you have a "bad" onboard card and you're using a headset with 3.5mm plugs, a good soundcard could make a difference, because the DAC (digital analog converter) is much better and the sound will sound better. The bigger capacitors on this cards makes the difference. 

Edit: in my latest gaming PC I have onboard sound (MSI Z87-GD65 gaming). Before I had only Creative cards like x-fi xtreme gamer, audigy 2 ZS and so on...

Edited by El Duderino

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 6:27 AM, El Duderino said:

The UE4 engine doesn't support hardware sound acceleration atm - all work is done from the CPU. It's because they use the XAudio2-library from Microsoft - and Microsoft want to simplify the sound thingi as much as possible - for PC (Windows) and XBox.

I think I have read something about that Epic Games want to support more sound libraries in the future - maybe with HW acceleration support. I miss the good old EAX-times...a good Creative gaming card and EAX on changed the whole game atmosphere (if the game supported EAX).

If you have a "bad" onboard card and you're using a headset with 3.5mm plugs, a good soundcard could make a difference, because the DAC (digital analog converter) is much better and the sound will sound better. The bigger capacitors on this cards makes the difference. 

Edit: in my latest gaming PC I have onboard sound (MSI Z87-GD65 gaming). Before I had only Creative cards like x-fi xtreme gamer, audigy 2 ZS and so on...

I already Called up Asus for the DX Sound card and tested that it would only work if the update was done threw CD, They Tested the card and Approved that it will give me a 15-25% System Performance and Announced that Microsoft Is using DX11 to Improve the sound performance.

Sound blaster Z with Astro A50s. Needed a card with Dolby live to properly use my A50's. 

p.s. don't hate me for using Astros, my wife surprised me with them, she is awesome.