Guest Swimmergb12

Easy anti cheat

Guest Swimmergb12

When i try launching squad i get an error that says "Launching Error. Error validating EasyAntiCheat code signing certificate. I looked up the issue and mostly found that disabling your anti virus will fix the problem but i tried it and it did not work. I tried verifying the cache and directly running the easy anti-cheat setup but the problem did not go away. Any help would be great thanks!

Guest Jesse

Having the same problem!! Saying the exact same thing.. 

Same problem! 

Launch Error Error validating EasyAntiCheat code signing certificate.  

Guest jamastar

having the same issue too

Guest UnfriendlyToast

Same, im probably just getting my money back.

3 minutes ago, Guest UnfriendlyToast said:

lol, sure go ahead and get your money back for a problem that is not ours. This is an EAC issue, that will be fixed soon.

Guest UnfriendlyToast

It apears to be YOUR issue the moment its keeping players away from YOUR game.

Guest MigM16
8 minutes ago, Guest UnfriendlyToast said:

^lmao, cant wait to get playing. wish it could be in the next 30 mins. see yall soon.

Guest Ikeu
5 minutes ago, Guest UnfriendlyToast said:

.......................................lol

5 minutes ago, Guest UnfriendlyToast said:

Right, since the EAC service is down and no one can access multiple games. But whatever troll. Have a great night.

30 minutes ago, Guest UnfriendlyToast said:

^Lmfao,dude you need some  anger managment... :P.O.o

1 hour ago, Guest UnfriendlyToast said:

lol fuck this guy 

I have to say though if the error message gave a little more info about why it could be having trouble validating people might stay a bit calmer.

I have to say though if the error message gave a little more info about why it could be having trouble validating people might stay a bit calmer.

Yes, but if a dev answers you,that they are aware and working with EAC together to solve this issue, you might stay a bit calmer as well☺

What's with these guests with these funny names?

In tapatalk they're only shown as guest, unless they get quoted☺

I like the name: unfriendly toast as he acted as one

8 minutes ago, Planetgong said:

Yes, but if a dev answers you,that they are aware and working with EAC together to solve this issue, you might stay a bit calmer as well☺

Helpful messages to that type of person would probably make no difference but others, like myself, might at least be able to conclude where the problem lies without throwing their toys out of the pram. 

14 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

Helpful messages to that type of person would probably make no difference but others, like myself, might at least be able to conclude where the problem lies without throwing their toys out of the pram. 

That lack of informative error messages are unfortunate de facto standard of pretty much any software from cars to toasters with IoT.

Oops what I did.

EAC is an online service in the field of IT. I'd expect it to be a little more 'with it' than a toaster. The service had obviously thrown up an error so could generate a code that could be searchable on the EAC web site where more info could be researched. Simples. That info can link you to to the EAC service status or provide possible causes the user should check.

Microsoft at least gets error handling right most of the time. They have had lots of practice.

52 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

EAC is an online service in the field of IT. I'd expect it to be a little more 'with it' than a toaster. The service had obviously thrown up an error so could generate a code that could be searchable on the EAC web site where more info could be researched. Simples. That info can link you to to the EAC service status or provide possible causes the user should check.

Microsoft at least gets error handling right most of the time. They have had lots of practice.

Out of curiosity, in this case, what error would you have liked them to display? I thought it was pretty clear... 

Launching Error. Error validating EasyAntiCheat code signing certificate.

There is an issue with the EAC server validating the "code signing certificate". So either there is a problem on the validation side (EAC side) or your certificate is corrupt. The error logger doesn't know which of those is the case, all it knows is that it got "False" back. It's not like it spat out the old "Error 37. Failed to launch"

The error fails to direct you anywhere and just leaves you going wtf. Is it my end? Is it the game? Is it EAC? Probably why so many people came to the forum to find out  /complain. 

Honestly, error validating EAC server code signing certificate, means sweet FA to most people even though it offers a little better description than the failed to launch crap. Hence the confusion. I am not expecting a full explanation pop up message but a linked error code could provide a quicker explanation than posting a help request on here to find out the EAC service is down.