Foregrips seem generally pretty universal in combat, so why do only like half the M4A1s have them? And if I'm not mistaken, they're just generic foregrips, no grip pods... why?

Most likely because choosing a loadout will be in the development times of spit and polish. I know choosing from a limited range of weapon mods etc has been discussed before and I believe the devs are keen to do something along those lines but it's a nice to have, for the future, when they have the major game elements to get up and running.

maybe they'll help the grandma arms the guy's holding the m4's steady a burst right now it feels like i'm a 5 year old kid shooting the M4 full auto or a grandma (this could also be because most people playing fps don't have lower sensitivity for better accuracy/consistency so devs base things around higher sensitivity's)

:D

maybe because nothing is final atm. New US models in-bound, new animations etc etc.

32 minutes ago, spookyAUS said:

maybe because nothing is final atm. New US models in-bound, new animations etc etc.

Yep! Humvees, MRAPS, and battle tanks also "seem generally pretty universal in combat," but they aren't in the game. Why!? Oh wait, we just have to wait to see the finished product :)

If for any other reason, it's just for variety.

Well, for foregrips, the devs aren't waiting on new models or anything, as they're already in-game. It's just a matter of giving foregrip-attached M4A1s to other roles. Perhaps in future, we can see proper grip pods; by proper, I mean the the bipod segment actually pulls out and can be used when a bipod system is finally implemented. In the meantime, I'd at least like to see foregrips on like 80% or 90% of M4A1s, because ATM that number seems to hover over 40% or 50%.

16 hours ago, Aniallator said:

In the meantime, I'd at least like to see foregrips on like 80% or 90% of M4A1s, because ATM that number seems to hover over 40% or 50%.

That's absolutely stupid. It's soldier preference and you won't see 80-90% of solders slapping foregrips on their M4s.

17 hours ago, Aniallator said:

Well, for foregrips, the devs aren't waiting on new models or anything, as they're already in-game. It's just a matter of giving foregrip-attached M4A1s to other roles. 

Which would be a complete waste of time and resources that adds nothing since they're working on a new animation system.

12 hours ago, trotskygrad said:

That's absolutely stupid. It's soldier preference and you won't see 80-90% of solders slapping foregrips on their M4s.

Plenty of combat deployed troops use some form of foregrip. I see no reason why the number of foregrips on M4A1s in Squad shouldn't go up.

11 hours ago, Chompster said:

Which would be a complete waste of time and resources that adds nothing since they're working on a new animation system.

Why on Earth would you assume that because I made a suggestion, I'm saying "Okay, now implement my suggestion ASAP"?

11 hours ago, Aniallator said:

Plenty of combat deployed troops use some form of foregrip. I see no reason why the number of foregrips on M4A1s in Squad shouldn't go up.

yeah they do but it's no where near 80 - 90% proliferation like your suggesting. Again, should be operator preference.

2 hours ago, trotskygrad said:

yeah they do but it's no where near 80 - 90% proliferation like your suggesting. Again, should be operator preference.

Then 60%. 70%. Anything more than they are now, really. Foregrips wouldn't do well as an in-game attachment, if that's what you mean; assuming they'd lower recoil/sway, there's no benefit to not using one, and if they don't, there's no benefit to using one.

31 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

Then 60%. 70%. Anything more than they are now, really. Foregrips wouldn't do well as an in-game attachment, if that's what you mean; assuming they'd lower recoil/sway, there's no benefit to not using one, and if they don't, there's no benefit to using one.

why does it matter? it's purely cosmetic atm

14 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

why does it matter? it's purely cosmetic atm

Just think about them in terms of uniforms; they're purely cosmetic as well, yet there's all kind of debate over them and we'll soon be getting totally new US models. Foregrips are just one more bit of immersion.

3 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

Just think about them in terms of uniforms; they're purely cosmetic as well, yet there's all kind of debate over them and we'll soon be getting totally new US models. Foregrips are just one more bit of immersion.

no, not really. It also affects Target ID

as said before, it will be player preference.

7 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

no, not really. It also affects Target ID

as said before, it will be player preference.

A fractionally different piece of equipment, like a different medical pouch or ammo bag, doesn't help with target ID but these kinds of things have been discussed.

Allowing players to add or remove foregrips from their M4A1? I really doubt that would happen, seems way too CoD-ish.

1 minute ago, Aniallator said:

Allowing players to add or remove foregrips from their M4A1? I really doubt that would happen, seems way too CoD-ish.

you mean way too realistic? because that's reality bro.

8 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

you mean way too realistic? because that's reality bro.

And this is a video game.

Just now, Aniallator said:

And this is a video game.

oh sorry, I didn't know CoD was the paragon of realism. I'll show myself out.

CODis you said?

Currenty - all modern game trying to add some sort of customization,because it's allowed by engine.

COD - yes.

BF - yes.

ArmA - yes.

Why this game should be an exception?

And it's not really bad.Because some soldier did it for their own.Sometimes it's even deeper,than just a foregrip.

Non-standart buttstock.

Flickr_-_The_U.S._Army_-_www.Army.mil_(1

Same

us-army-m4-carbine-with-m203a1-40mm-gren

Buttstock,Magazine

2e579b89774083b31be28f724056689e.jpg

Non-standart holo(Israeli MARS)

INDIA5.jpg

34 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

oh sorry, I didn't know CoD was the paragon of realism. I'll show myself out.

Are you aware of the difference between foregrips in CoD and foregrips IRL? If not, then feel free to.

20 minutes ago, samogon said:

CODis you said?

Currenty - all modern game trying to add some sort of customization,because it's allowed by engine.

COD - yes.

BF - yes.

ArmA - yes.

Why this game should be an exception?

And it's not really bad.Because some soldier did it for their own.Sometimes it's even deeper,than just a foregrip.

Non-standart buttstock.

Flickr_-_The_U.S._Army_-_www.Army.mil_(1

Same

us-army-m4-carbine-with-m203a1-40mm-gren

Buttstock,Magazine

2e579b89774083b31be28f724056689e.jpg

Non-standart holo(Israeli MARS)

INDIA5.jpg

Sadly Arma actually has crappy customization, you can't even attach or remove foregrips; if you don't want a foregrip, find yourself a new weapon. In general it's a crappy game, it's just saved by modding and a handful of unique Arm feature... but that is a topic for another thread :)

Sadly Arma actually has crappy customization, you can't even attach or remove foregrips; if you don't want a foregrip, find yourself a new weapon. In general it's a crappy game, it's just saved by modding and a handful of unique Arm feature... but that is a topic for another thread :)

It's functional customization.

Grip - it's only decoration actually.It wont make you better shooter IRL.It won't decreace recoil.

Just now, samogon said:

It's functional customization.

Grip - it's only decoration actually.It wont make you better shooter IRL.It won't decreace recoil.

No, but it can benefit other factors like stability, depending on your preference. Even in Arma though, I don't think foregrips actually do anything other than look cool.

8 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

Are you aware of the difference between foregrips in CoD and foregrips IRL? If not, then feel free to.

yep, in the CoDs I played you can't remove them, so not only are you ignorant of cod, but of reality too

5 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

yep, in the CoDs I played you can't remove them, so not only are you ignorant of cod, but of reality too

Then I am getting confused with Battlefield, but it's good to know we have a knowledgeable CoD player on the forum.

Then I am getting confused with Battlefield, but it's good to know we have a knowledgeable CoD player on the forum.

I stopped at world of war, but yeah I played promod for a year.