Kraken

Slider for head bob

What do you guys think about an optional head bob feature? I know a lot of you probably prefer it off for motion sickness reasons, but I think I'd like it just for cinematic effect for media creation.

Well it's definitely something I'd like to have be optional, certainly don't force it on anyone. With the GoPro angle however... *drool*

I wonder if that would be possible given the true first person? Have it only be visible to other players, seems like a lot of work for such a small detail even if it were imo.

The better thing would be that the animator do very smooth head movements for the most used anims (all move/sprint/crouch etc).

At the moment the head bobbing is barely noticeable in Squad. The head mostly goes up and down rather than rotate on its own (without moving the mouse). It's good enough to remind you you're an actual body and not a flying camera, without making you sick or whatever.

While the new videos are showing signs of a tiny amount of headbob, I feel it's worth bringing up that headbob is a divisive feature.  I'd love to see it in-game for immersion, but if it got in it should, as the OP mentioned, be a slider.  That way you can turn it off if it makes you motion sick.

Call me strange but I've paid a lot of attention to the headbob in games (you tend to spend a lot of time moving after all!) and my absolute favorite headbob was ArmA 2.

The trailer shows how it looks in-game.  Things is, the maximum setting was extremely excessive, as you can see; it jostles your head a lot.  But the motion of it looks rather natural; your head doesn't move like a floaty camera or move in some kind of figure 8, it does jostle even though your eyes compensate for it.  Having a slider would mean you can make it as subtle as you like, or absent entirely; I personally found that about 20% of the maximum headbob was a great compromise.