Hashbrown

Kicking people from vehicles

In PR sometimes random blueberries like to hop in the helicopter or transport vehicle and not get out. So you either kill him, wait him out and ask for them to get out or just have to to take them with. I think a kick function so that people in the vehicle can vote to kick somebody out of the vehicle would be awesome to have. I don't think it could be abused since it'd be majority vote and the majority of the voters will probably be guys in the same squad kicking that blue berry out. Although I'm just one man thinking from one perspective and anyone else's would be greatly appreciated. 

Can you imagine not having a taxi when you need one? in the big city...share those seats your all on the same team even though you might not be in same squad....ride on top of a tank...hitch a ride hanging on that hood...hang on to that bumper if they wont give you a proper seat! :)

Having native system is better that squad name rules.First get - first rule,sounds fair.

It would be nice for the driver to be able to kick people out of his vehicle, there will always be one douchebag who just won't leave the helicopter because he needs a ride now, and that douche could have quite a negative impact on the rest of the team, not to mention it's annoying and asking admins for help just takes too much time. If implemented, make it so the kicked person cannot enter the same vehicle for about 20-30 seconds and the driver should only be able to eject people while the vehicle is stationary and/or landed to prevent trolling. 

As I see it, the pilot/driver is the one responsible for his vehicle, that means he also gets to decide when the people get out :) +1 from me

Vote kicking of any type is not good. Seen it in many other games and it gets abused by groups of people (clans) who think there special. 

That "blue berry" as you put it, is still a team member. 

15 minutes ago, UnderFire said:

That "blue berry" as you put it, is still a team member. 

That is true, but he should be traveling with his squad, and not preventing the squad in question from traveling together on their way to an objective. If he is alone, he should wait until the transport is not needed for "proper" squads

Edited by Psyrus

It only takes one lone wolf to screw up your squads plan and waste valuable time, so yes, I agree that the driver or pilot should be able to boot ppl from the vehicle while it's stationary. Very good suggestion.

I can see this being abused and used by trolls. Just imagine a troll pilot/squad waiting for the vehicle to fill up once it does he takes off then kicks everyone off the chopper killing everyone.

I can see this being abused and used by trolls. Just imagine a troll pilot/squad waiting for the vehicle to fill up once it does he takes off then kicks everyone off the chopper killing everyone.

Do u even read, bro? I've already suggested a simple solution to prevent this kind of trolling.

Odoslané z GT-I9505 pomocou Tapatalku

simple way is to add a 1 in 1 out rule which favours the squad with the most player in that vehicle.

eg

Squad 1 has 8 in the chopper.

Squad 2 has 3 in the chopper.

The chopper is full including crew (other topic).

A member of squad 1 enters the full chopper which pushes the a member squad 2 out of the chopper to make space.

No extra keys needed, it is self administrating.

Alternative could be to allow the pilot to choose a priority squad who gets the seats. When the seats are full they push other players out as they enter. This would help with queuing situations.

4 hours ago, Psyrus said:

That is true, but he should be traveling with his squad, and not preventing the squad in question from traveling together on their way to an objective. If he is alone, he should wait until the transport is not needed for "proper" squads

But what if he was there first? Why should someone have to step a side because another squad think what they want to do to be more important.

People looking for solutions to problems that do not yet exist. 

As i understand it at this moment based on discussions with Sgt Ross we will definitely have a driver/pilot kit that will be limited team wide and squad wide just like our other limited kits. This kit may come with added abilities. 

I like the idea of someone being stopped from reentering for X time if they are kicked from the vehicle. the worst part of vehicles is the competition to get them.. people get pretty gross. Just a game !!

17 minutes ago, [303RD] Steve said:

Play on a server with active admins and you have your kick function if someone is being a jerk.

I don't remember seeing a guy being actually kicked for this in PR, I do remember 9999 times when such a guy prevented a fast start. Admins should deal with important stuff, not this.

1 hour ago, suds said:

simple way is to add a 1 in 1 out rule which favours the squad with the most player in that vehicle.

eg

Squad 1 has 8 in the chopper.

Squad 2 has 3 in the chopper.

The chopper is full including crew (other topic).

A member of squad 1 enters the full chopper which pushes the a member squad 2 out of the chopper to make space.

No extra keys needed, it is self administrating.

Alternative could be to allow the pilot to choose a priority squad who gets the seats. When the seats are full they push other players out as they enter. This would help with queuing situations.

This would be a neat solution, good thinking.

But what if he was there first? Why should someone have to step a side because another squad think what they want to do to be more important.

People looking for solutions to problems that do not yet exist. 

If he is one man, he is by definition less important than what the full squad is doing. There is virtually nothing that a single player can do more effectively than a squad, besides arguably "covert Intel gathering" like fob hunting.... Which taking a chopper would invalidate as they are very loud and attract a lot of attention when they land.

If it's a two or three man squad, then that bigger squad can wait for the next chopper, my issue is with single players breaking apart squads that need to travel together.

You say it's a problem that doesn't exist... How many hours of pr have you played? It's a very real problem there (especially at round start) and I believe you're dreaming if you think the issues like this one won't transfer 1:1 from pr to squad.

Sorry post made no sense in context, i didnt get the point. Was to sleepy

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

If he is one man, he is by definition less important than what the full squad is doing.

2 Squads

First is only one man, named his Squad Supply

Seconds is a Inf Squad

Now Guess what would make more sense, and additional guess who will abandon the Truck somewhere in the nowhere after the FOB will be build.

Edited by Royal Deluxe

9 minutes ago, Royal Deluxe said:

2 Squads

First is only one man, named his Squad Supply

Seconds is a Inf Squad

Now Guess what would make more sense, and additional guess who will abandon the Truck somewhere in the nowhere after the FOB will be build.

Well if he's 1st in a logi truck he can just, you know... drive away. And as the driver he'd be the one with kicking privileges, I don't see the problem here at all.

Doesn't Unreal Engine 4 allow for better measures or tools on topics like this? Ways of PR can be improved, no?

Can imagine stealing enemy vehicle and seeing enemy squad trying to get in not noticing driver is their enemy, then getting booted and run over!  LOL!

2 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

Can imagine stealing enemy vehicle and seeing enemy squad trying to get in not noticing driver is their enemy, then getting booted and run over!  LOL!

I think the chances that you can get into enemy vehicles will be slim to none. Likely the latter 

Well those fun times in BF2 you could do it, accept that once you stole a vehicle the enemy couldnt get in it if they tried....maybe big supply trucks in Squad should allow both teams to be in the back of that supply truck simultaneously and have firefights in the cargo area and freedom of movement in there instead of being in a non movable seat where you can only turn your head or operate a MG at your seated position.  Maybe this has already been planned out. Can we have battles in the back of a supply truck while moving down the road?