Captain Fubar

Putting crates back in logistic vehicles/carrying crates

Okay so basically this would be the implementation of having the ability to move crates around by hand one person for small crates and two people to carry medium and large crates. It would also be good to have the ability to load left over crates into supply trucks. This will vastly cut down on supply runs to get more supplies; let me know what you think below.

us-military-afghanistan-352343.jpg

Edited by Captain Fubar

The idea of hot-potato logistics aint my cup of tea. I'm cool with the infantry moving it by hand but being able to transfer it back onto the vehicle is a bit bullcrap. In Project Reality having a good transport/logistics squad was essential for each game, and with the exhaustive back and forth of resupplying a squad and resupplying back at main base, it made supply crates have the worth of diamonds. We shouldn't fuck up the importance of these assets,  and we should actually inhibit it and make it more complicated/difficult. 

//Note I'm only talking about heavy supply crates for FOB building or to get kits

I hope they implement it like the pr:arma implementation, where the crates actually unpack to become the fob. That way you need separate crates for ammo

This is a pretty terrible idea considering there would be one truck that can build every FOB by it self in one run. 

I'm going to take this chance to say this though: allow the logi to become a transport once crates are unloaded.

Waaaaay too many assumptions going on in this thread. Using the PR logistical system as a reference is likely not very helpful, either.

What you'll likely see in Squad is a logistical system where construction, repairing, respawning, and rearming will expend supplies. Building a FOB will cost resources. To be able to spawn you'll need resources. You won't be able to drop a crate, build a FOB, then pick up the crate and go build another FOB.

Check out this post for more info on what the logistical system will hopefully approximate: 

I looked at your thread and maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a dev response, so I'm curious why you would think your system (or something like it) would be implemented (legitimately curious, are you "in" with the devs?).

Until the devs announce their concrete plans for the logistics system, assumptions are the best we have, and given the multitude of other similarities to pr, I would say it's the most logical basis for assumptions.

Im assuming supply trucks can carry soldiers too? Or are they limited to cargo only?  Can those trucks carry both and as much can be crammed back there?  Also enemy and friendlies ride in back of supply trucks at same time?  Asking here because if we can carry crates in back of supply truck then all the other should be possible too no?

3 hours ago, Psyrus said:

I looked at your thread and maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a dev response, so I'm curious why you would think your system (or something like it) would be implemented (legitimately curious, are you "in" with the devs?).

Until the devs announce their concrete plans for the logistics system, assumptions are the best we have, and given the multitude of other similarities to pr, I would say it's the most logical basis for assumptions.

If you just ask the devs, they usually give you an answer.You don't have to be *in* with them. The PR logistical system is a pretty bad system that only exists in its form because of engine limitations, so don't expect much of that to carry over. My information is from @RoyAwesome and @SgtRoss, so maybe they can poke their heads in here about the current state of the logistical system plans.All construction will cost resources, spawning and rearming will cost resources, and from this stuff most everything else just logically follows.

2 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

Im assuming supply trucks can carry soldiers too? Or are they limited to cargo only?  Can those trucks carry both and as much can be crammed back there?  Also enemy and friendlies ride in back of supply trucks at same time?  Asking here because if we can carry crates in back of supply truck then all the other should be possible too no?

I would hope that they make it modular so that you can load it with whatever you'd like. All supplies? All transport? Half and half? Go crazy.

3 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

I would hope that they make it modular so that you can load it with whatever you'd like. All supplies? All transport? Half and half? Go crazy.

That is hopefully the intent, but we will see what we can do when we get around to updating/iterating on the resource/deployables system. Oh and relating to this, we are going to have an inventory system, I see no reason why vehicles can't have an inventory as well.

This will not likely to occur until the beginning of next year, so it will be a relatively basic system for now.

7 minutes ago, SgtRoss said:

That is hopefully the intent, but we will see what we can do when we get around to updating/iterating on the resource/deployables system. Oh and relating to this, we are going to have an inventory system, I see no reason why vehicles can't have an inventory as well.

This will not likely to occur until the beginning of next year, so it will be a relatively basic system for now.

I better be able to equip my logi truck with the dukes of hazard horn then. lol

This is a great idea, this way the logistics will really have depth to it, for example destroying enemy supplies will affect their progress.

Edited by disko
spelling mistakes

ive mentioned this elsewhere but it would be cool if supply crates had their own health score and hitbox. This way a truck full of supplies which was disabled would still contain supplies which could be destroyed with further hits or placed explosives. OR defended and used as assets, even better if you can still unload and move them.

Imagine a logistics driver running the gauntlet and arriving to a desperate squad only to find he had nothing useful left on his truck because it had taken so much damage. :)

"You have brought me 2 grenades and a bandage, I asked for enough to build a FOB!"