Sturmwind

This game looks awesome!

Hi guys!

I've been playing PR for the past few years, it is one of my favourite games and I play it with my family quite a lot. Squad looks even more impressive, so we're considering switching.

Any news on when it's going to get cheaper? I can't afford to buy even one installment of the game at this price, I'm a poor Eastern European : ((

We play using company laptops, most of them are pretty out of date :P We have only one computer of our own. But you might be right, the specifications of the game might be out of our league.

It is a very demanding game, espcially right now since it hasent been optimized that well yet.

Regarding the price, i wouldnt expect it to go down for at least another 6 months. The game wont even be finished until some time next year, and i have seen the devs say that they dont want to drop the price until after the game is launched. But things can change though, and i dont think even the devs know for sure when they will drop the price :)

That's good news. Will the game be optimized to target a lower income audience as well? As far as I'm aware, PR has plenty of Chinese and Russian players, both are markets where there's a lot of demand but many people have ancient computers (like me).

EDIT: also, will the price go further up once the game is released?

Edited by Sturmwind

1 minute ago, Sturmwind said:

That's good news. Will the game be optimized to target a lower income audience as well? As far as I'm aware, PR has plenty of Chinese and Russian players, both are markets where there's a lot of demand but many people have ancient computers (like me).

I havent seen the devs talk about this, but i wouldnt count on it tbh. They want to have 100 player servers (right now max is 72) and they want very detailed maps. So i would expect that the game will remain alomst as demanding as it is now, it will just be bigger and look better.

But i think it also depends on the Unreal engine 4 that the game is build on. Thats not completed yet either, so its hard to say what the final requirements of the game will be like.

OWI are making the next gen version of PR so don't expect them to cripple it so it runs like PR on the same hardware. That would defeat the purpose of moving forward. I am sure PR has life in it for people wanting a tactical shooter who can't afford more up to date hardware.

ohh yes please don't go on sell at Steam or make it to cheap

Don´t want that the Cheater buy them a bunch of copies

Finally 36€ means 1 Less Cinema visit, or one less Disco, or eating 5 Times Pasta instead  of Steak. Or one Month 4 Cigarettes less per day.

At least in Germany

In my point of sight it is much more more worth

Edited by Royal Deluxe

Here it means 1/10th of a monthly salary, 10-12 meals for a family of 3, 5-6 cinema visits, 12 packs of cigarettes or 60 beers.

There are serious considerations to be made here :P

Edited by Sturmwind

2 hours ago, Sturmwind said:

Here it means 1/10th of a monthly salary, 10-12 meals for a family of 3, 5-6 cinema visits, 12 packs of cigarettes or 60 beers.

Whatever you decide...Welcome to the familia...Hooah!

All you have mentioned gonna come and go (and forgotten) pretty fast. Squad will keep us happy for years to come :P

5 hours ago, Royal Deluxe said:

Finally 36€ means 1 Less Cinema visit, or one less Disco, or eating 5 Times Pasta instead  of Steak. Or one Month 4 Cigarettes less per day.

At least in Germany

Less... you mean.... LESS DISCO!? No! Only more, i say! Mooree! MORE! MOARRR!!!1!

i_hilarious_moar_pictures_029_501591d0bd

But to be serious... yeah, i understand you, bro. That's pretty much average payment here also (balkans). This is great game, no lie about that but right now, you need good rig to run this. For now, maybe its better to stick to PR until you improve financial situation...

19 hours ago, Sturmwind said:

or 60 beers.

WOOOOOOOOOAAaaaaaa. where is this you say?

Hungary. A better can of beer costs 0,63 EUR on average (converted from HUF), but you can easily get a can for as much as 0,38 EURs. No wonder our capital is said to be one of the best spots for tourism based on a price / value ratio. It only sucks because the average salary is about 350 EURs a month.

15 minutes ago, Sturmwind said:

Hungary. A better can of beer costs 0,63 EUR on average (converted from HUF), but you can easily get a can for as much as 0,38 EURs. No wonder our capital is said to be one of the best spots for tourism based on a price / value ratio. It only sucks because the average salary is about 350 EURs a month.

So your trying to tell me i can buy 673 Beers in hungary for a days salary here in Norway? :o:o:o 

edit: where did i leave that passport :D 

Budapest was awesome, visited the city last September. Prizes are very compareable to my hometown so it didn't feel like you'd have to plunder your bank account in order to drink or eat something(and we didd drink and eat a lot!). Very pleasent atmosphere, the folks were friendly people as well even if you're not from there, so if anyone here doesn't know where to go for his next holidays, I'd say why not give Budapest a try?

Wow Zeno, you earn more one day than an average person in my country does a month. :P People wonder why it's not easy for me to afford the game.

Frontliner, thanks for the endorsement! Budapest really is a nice place, though it's very expensive to live in, if you get a salary from working here :P

Edited by Sturmwind

I'd wait then dude, the game is far from finished - its only a year old and we're still waiting for vehicles.  I would be surprised if it gets more expensive when (if) it is ever finished.

As time goes on the tech needed to run it gets cheaper (I use a secondhand mobo and 2500k) and maybe the game will run better through refinement.  Just keep an eye on things and watchout for cheap PC bits.

What specs are your work laptops?

I believe it is this: http://www.cnet.com/products/dell-vostro-1500-laptop-computer-intel-celeron-m-m540-1-86ghz-ddr2-sdram-1-00mb-80-gb/specs/

Yeah, I know, impossible :D I guess I'll wait until the hardware gets cheaper or the company decides to throw out some of its new wave of laptops.

Yeah sorry but no chance of playing Squad with that hardware. Even if it is optimized, that is just no gaming hardware for current games. But do stay in the forums an keep yourself updated so you are ready to rock as soosn as you have new hardware!

1 minute ago, koschilein said:

Passed I guess?

Tragically not. I was seeing if my Founder forum tag was going to appear and it hasn't. Currently drafting an email to support. Sigh.