DaviE

display driver crash

I recently watched a YouTube video and followed its steps in improving FPS in the game. No when i open the game it automatically exits out saying my display driver has crashed and successfully  recovered. How do i fix?

Had that often with my NVIDIA Drivers, so i Update only once all 1-2 Years

But its all time the same, i started with the newest and then   i go the v ersions backwards until a Driver makes no problems

At least my GTX 460 was never able to use a sensefull new driver.  With my GTX 750 Ti i had only ones problems, but i use since over a year the same driver

Edited by Royal Deluxe

reinstall the graphics drivers, if this doesnt work , check the integrity of the game files on steam, if this doesnt work, reinstall the game, if this doesnt work, in the latter case, which certainly will work, format your computer

Edited by heborn

Before reinstall the game or format the computer, try a (bit) older version if it is NVIDIA specially if it is a older card.

No  need to shoot small birds with a big cannon.

Had exactly the same Bugreport, solved by a older Driver version.

Edited by Royal Deluxe

well it depends what you did to improve your fps in game. but i would highly recommend checking for updates, and of course reinstalling your driver. and if you were making changes to the console you may want to revert the changes. check if your at 64 bit.