TyroneLannistor

Disappointed by the current state of the game

@ old sneakers

I write in a German hardwareforum, i diskussed the i3 there often enough to be sure that i wouldnt suggest this CPU for a giming rig.

But i dont want to have the same diskussion again and specially not on english. 

And i need not to Diskuss the performance, there are benchmarks that show really simple that a I3 is not the best choice for a gaming PC.

But sure, if the money is short the I3 is not the baddest choice. i used by myself until 3 Weeks ago a G3258.  But i never raise to question the poor Performance

Edited by Royal Deluxe

I dont read the whole thread...

Did some one told him that this game needs a good cpu instead of 2gpus???

2 hours ago, Royal Deluxe said:

@ old sneakers

I write in a German hardwareforum, i diskussed the i3 there often enough to be sure that i wouldnt suggest this CPU for a giming rig.

But i dont want to have the same diskussion again and specially not on english. 

And i need not to Diskuss the performance, there are benchmarks that show really simple that a I3 is not the best choice for a gaming PC.

But sure, if the money is short the I3 is not the baddest choice. i used by myself until 3 Weeks ago a G3258.  But i never raise to question the poor Performance

I think he knows his 100 dollar cpu is not gonna be awesome, but the  i3-4170 is not a garbage cpu, it is on par with Phenom II 990 cpus at 4 ghz in terms of brute force performance.

With HTing and ~4.2 ghz OC that cpu runs BF4 64 player servers at 45-60 fps, which is acceptable I'd say.

The main issue here for the OP and everyone else is the games animation system together with net code.  It forces clients to send handshakes to the server, for it to send out to EVERY single client connected. It is too detailed and sets everything else back in queue dropping frame rates as soon as a certain threshold is reached in player density.

/edit

This together with everything in the game literally running on 1 thread currently is the problem here.

Edited by old_Sneakers

I get about 40-60fps on average with an i5-4440 and a GTX 750 Ti 2GB on medium settings @ 1080p, nothing special. Depends heavily on the server/the amount of people in it and your internet. Turn everything all the way down and work your way up. The game is definitely playable and still immersive without everything on Epic settings, if not more enjoyable due to a better framerate. Also, you can learn about Steam Refunds here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/ if you bought the game on Steam.

@The Salti5 4460 and GTX 750 Ti was Last year the Basis of my Suggestions, what do you think, what experience has you.  Any Problems in any game ?

On 06/05/2016 at 9:35 PM, Jaghammer said:

I dont read the whole thread...

Did some one told him that this game needs a good cpu instead of 2gpus???

Not exactly, but yes.

Same answer every time : EA = be patient.

Dont ask for refund, simply come back to the game in 2017 ;)

If you really wanna get better FPS you still could sell your SLI to buy a GTX 1080 + improve your CPU (keep same socket) for lil more money.

This and most other games only use one core anyway. So put the game solely on one core and all the other background on  the other core.

One core saturated by netcode, animations equals 5O per cent second core will make it up to 70-80% usage.

Sneakers seems to know what he's on about with CPUs oh and Royal cheese with skylines....

For OP the game seems to be taking longer than most people would have expected with after a year no vehicles, but that is the way it is (and normal for an EA), if you are unhappy with the game as it is now and you have past the Steam 2 hour refund window all you can do is chill and go play something else and hope that it will improve over time.

On 5/19/2016 at 2:45 AM, ploddit said:

This and most other games only use one core anyway. So put the game solely on one core and all the other background on  the other core.

One core saturated by netcode, animations equals 5O per cent second core will make it up to 70-80% usage.

Sneakers seems to know what he's on about with CPUs oh and Royal cheese with skylines....

For OP the game seems to be taking longer than most people would have expected with after a year no vehicles, but that is the way it is (and normal for an EA), if you are unhappy with the game as it is now and you have past the Steam 2 hour refund window all you can do is chill and go play something else and hope that it will improve over time.

i really don't care about cars or planes bro...all i want is basic functionality like normal fps for players ,which should be the most important thing of game and a plan to build it before anything else.

Edited by TyroneLannistor

2 hours ago, TyroneLannistor said:

i really don't care about cars or planes bro...all i want is basic functionality like normal fps for players ,which should be the most important thing of game and a plan to build it before anything else.

Yes, but once new features are added, you'll just get bad fps again........ 

You are playing the game on ultra high res 2560x1440

with an ultra low cpu

Just drop the res to what that cpu is design for

1280 x 720

and then move up in increments to see what is playable.

or get a new cpu   <------ best bet. I3's are the budget cpu.

The higher the resolution the more work the cpu has to do.

Its like buying a 1.6L family car to tow a 3 ton trailer and then complaining that its too slow.

On 5/5/2016 at 4:36 PM, FalkoN said:

35 FPS for an unoptimised early access game... what an outrage!

35 FPS is more than playable, why don't you just go and find another game then.

This is not a constructive response dude.

Gday

I just had a go and was impressed with frame rate in Alpha 6.1 (Friday 27-May-2016)

Since my thread about show us your rig

I am now using an R9 380 4 gig Nitro video card with the same Intel

3.1 ghz Xeon cpu with new custom settings in the graphics menu

I get a solid 75 FPS and its sometimes bouncing around 83-115 fps

Huge amount of retail AAA games don't with correctly with Duel Core

or SLI out of the box and this game seems to work well for me using

GTX660 video card and the current r9 380

Maybe look into buying an Xeon cheap (Are you using Skylake or h/z97)

or quad core i5 apparently the i3 6500 skylake cpu overclocks like a champ

with asrock mobos with custom firmware

Today's Round with my graphic settings:

The higher the resolution the more work the cpu has to do.

Its like buying a 1.6L family car to tow a 3 ton trailer and then complaining that its too slow.

Just for accuracy's sake, as the resolution bumps up, the gpu takes most of the strain. That is why to compare cpu bottlenecks they test games at 640x480 or 800x600. The cpu works harder when there are more draw calls

17 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Just for accuracy's sake, as the resolution bumps up, the gpu takes most of the strain. That is why to compare cpu bottlenecks they test games at 640x480 or 800x600. The cpu works harder when there are more draw calls

Most of the strain isn't all of the strain, and that is a pretty low end cpu. my 4970k is about a third faster, and my video card (gtx 680) about %20 - %30 slower than 2x gtx 960 in sli. Id certainly tell OP to upgrade his cpu before upgrading the video card. The cpu still has to feed the beast. easiest way to check is for op to play at 1920x1080, I have no problems playing on high with that.

But it could also be he has an out of control process that starts when he connects, I have seen that before too

Edited by kiralon

I'll bite... i3???? Time for an upgrade bro, don't care what games it can currently "run"

Video card(s) config: ...suffice 

That being said, your cpu is weak sauce. At least step up to the plate with an i5 if you're gonna bitch...

16 hours ago, IWI-GALIL5.56FA said:

I'll bite... i3???? Time for an upgrade bro, don't care what games it can currently "run"

Video card(s) config: ...suffice 

That being said, your cpu is weak sauce. At least step up to the plate with an i5 if you're gonna bitch...

Read the whole fucking thread..i said i am using a Xeon 1225v3 right now OC'ed, and there is no difference.

On 5/27/2016 at 11:11 AM, charliebrownau said:

Gday

I just had a go and was impressed with frame rate in Alpha 6.1 (Friday 27-May-2016)

Since my thread about show us your rig

I am now using an R9 380 4 gig Nitro video card with the same Intel

3.1 ghz Xeon cpu with new custom settings in the graphics menu

I get a solid 75 FPS and its sometimes bouncing around 83-115 fps

Huge amount of retail AAA games don't with correctly with Duel Core

or SLI out of the box and this game seems to work well for me using

GTX660 video card and the current r9 380

Maybe look into buying an Xeon cheap (Are you using Skylake or h/z97)

or quad core i5 apparently the i3 6500 skylake cpu overclocks like a champ

with asrock mobos with custom firmware

Today's Round with my graphic settings:

I have a Xeon 1225v3 bro, i changed that i3 ..it's the same

42 minutes ago, TyroneLannistor said:

Read the whole fucking thread..i said i am using a Xeon 1225v3 right now OC'ed, and there is no difference.

Ahh, my bad

couple of things to check then

open the task manager and go to performance and make sure you have at least 4 cores (should be 8 with hyperthreading enabled) if you just swapped cpu's

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/howto-get-windows-7-to-detect-your-new-multi-core/71519d51-f6cb-47df-b3ff-66c2928d6de4?auth=1

also check the task manager process tab when game isn't loaded and check to see if any process's are using any cpu time. At rest the pc should say the system idle process is 99 (click where it says cpu at the top of the line to order by cpu usage)

Antivirus programs can cause this issue (have seen avg, avast and avira do this) try disabling (or briefly uninstalling if you have the reinstallation info) and testing

do a checkdisk, data corruption/bad blocks can cause lag issues and crashes.

download process explorer from sysinternals and check interrupt usage time (task manager wont show this). if that's over %3 - %6 id update my drivers. Chipset, video, audio. I have seen Logitech mice especially use a massive amount of interrupts which lags games.

Is the lag constant, or do you get smooth spots. Check your NVidia driver settings to make sure you aren't forcing anti aliasing and other high settings.

what Operating system are you using win7 64 bit, win10 ?

4 hours ago, kiralon said:

couple of things to check then

open the task manager and go to performance and make sure you have at least 4 cores (should be 8 with hyperthreading enabled) if you just swapped cpu's

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/howto-get-windows-7-to-detect-your-new-multi-core/71519d51-f6cb-47df-b3ff-66c2928d6de4?auth=1

also check the task manager process tab when game isn't loaded and check to see if any process's are using any cpu time. At rest the pc should say the system idle process is 99 (click where it says cpu at the top of the line to order by cpu usage)

Antivirus programs can cause this issue (have seen avg, avast and avira do this) try disabling (or briefly uninstalling if you have the reinstallation info) and testing

do a checkdisk, data corruption/bad blocks can cause lag issues and crashes.

download process explorer from sysinternals and check interrupt usage time (task manager wont show this). if that's over %3 - %6 id update my drivers. Chipset, video, audio. I have seen Logitech mice especially use a massive amount of interrupts which lags games.

Is the lag constant, or do you get smooth spots. Check your NVidia driver settings to make sure you aren't forcing anti aliasing and other high settings.

what Operating system are you using win7 64 bit, win10 ?

None of the issues you presented are valid for me. Yes i have 4 cores in hwMonitor and when i play all of them are at about 80% usage. 

I have windows 10 64-bit.  My processes are ok, no antivirus no bullshit, etc.

Edited by TyroneLannistor

Well cpuz hwmonitor will show that you have 4 cores (same with device manager), but not whether they are active, do you have hyper threading enabled, if so you aren't using 2 of your cores.

Try process explorer and check the interrupt usage, it sounds like you didn't want to try it

also try testing at 1920x1080 before starting on 1440p

make sure antialiasing is off

how does the game run in the firing range. does lag the same amount

SLI is not supported in ue4.. ill say that 50million times i suppose. 

the CPU side improvment makes sense as thats where the majority of our work went on the maps. 

Next cycle we will continue CPU improvments as well as focusing heavily on mapping GPU useage. 

1 hour ago, IrOnTaXi said:

SLI is not supported in ue4.. ill say that 50million times i suppose. 

the CPU side improvment makes sense as thats where the majority of our work went on the maps. 

Next cycle we will continue CPU improvments as well as focusing heavily on mapping GPU useage. 

Hey Iron Taxi, i disabled the SLI, i have the same performance if i try to force it anyway + added AFR flicker, so no i don't use it in SLI mode. Would it help if i'd be to buy a 4900K right now . Or should i buy a better GPU and sell my SLI (not saying i'm gonna do that right away , but i'm curios ... )?