Sign in to follow this  
Fourkillmaster

Replace Insurgent Medic Binocs With Camcorder

Perhaps this should be saved for the Civilian Class if it returns but I think it would be a cool alternative to the binocs if Medics or the SL used a camcorder with variable zoom. Just something a little different that would diversify the factions a little bit, also I'm not saying remove binocs completely but have the option to use it if you'd like.

interesting concept, the only thing though that comes to mind is, I believe most branches of the US military prohibit bringing recordable devices out in the field with them (I know they still do with go pros etc, but not suppose to? someone correct me if im wrong) and I feel like insurgents would have an easier time getting a $50 pair of binocs over a $100 camcorder or something, although its not unheard of for them to have cameras to record attacks etc.

I really like this idea for insurgents, maybe it can be an optional swap out for binos or something?

disagree. If I was going to war I'd rather have a pair of binoculars than a camcorder.

Camcorder
Pros:

-can record sick kill montages

-possibly more zoom
-shitty NV that allows you to see things within 10 meters

Cons:
-less resolution than your eyes, harder to spot things on screen (negates zoom factor)
-requires batteries

-gives away your position with white light from LCD

-heavier

-more fragile

-harder to take out and put away than binoculars

-smaller field of view

14 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

disagree. If I was going to war I'd rather have a pair of binoculars than a camcorder.

Camcorder
Pros:

-can record sick kill montages

-possibly more zoom
-shitty NV that allows you to see things within 10 meters

Cons:
-less resolution than your eyes, harder to spot things on screen (negates zoom factor)
-requires batteries

-gives away your position with white light from LCD

-heavier

-more fragile

-harder to take out and put away than binoculars

-smaller field of view

I think that's a little too much for a small feature ,having a bit more zoom than binocs but heavier bitrate on the feed would be fine. No need for giving your position away and other things like that. It's not like you can shoot while looking through it anyways.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a8c_1317856339

I think the link above is a good example of how it should look.

Edited by Fourkillmaster

3 minutes ago, Fourkillmaster said:

I think that's a little too much for a small feature ,having a bit more zoom than binocs but heavier bitrate on the feed would be fine. No need for giving your position away and other things like that. It's not like you can shoot while looking through it anyways.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a8c_1317856339

I think the link above is a good example of how it should look.

I'm saying that's why it shouldn't be implemented. No one in their sane mind would want to lug around a camcorder and it's pretty immersion breaking. I'm sure you'd first see people jury rig spotter scopes from old DSLRs before using a camcorder.

29 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

I'm saying that's why it shouldn't be implemented. No one in their sane mind would want to lug around a camcorder and it's pretty immersion breaking. I'm sure you'd first see people jury rig spotter scopes from old DSLRs before using a camcorder.

A guy running around with this doesn't seem too immersion breaking to me, now those old chunky ones on the other-hand are a no go.

0_23.jpg

40 minutes ago, Fourkillmaster said:

5 minutes ago, Fourkillmaster said:

A guy running around with this doesn't seem too immersion breaking to me, now those old chunky ones on the other-hand are a no go.

0_23.jpg

it is for the reasons I listed above. No one would want to. People with them are there to record propaganda or make money with ~war footage~

Those crazy camcorders with the impossible zoom, probably have million dollar lenses. I don't think our Gi-had Joe's a photo hippie! lol But I do love me some practicality and improvisation with our Insurgent Forces. Their current binocs should be opted out for Soviet-grade or civilian/tourist based equipment.

Sounds fun but binoculars aren't some new invention that hasn't made its way globally.

If it would be implemented for civilians, it should be a smartphone.
But it would only be viable when the facial animation instantly goes duckface ;)