Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fourkillmaster

Replace Insurgent Medic Binocs With Camcorder

Recommended Posts

Perhaps this should be saved for the Civilian Class if it returns but I think it would be a cool alternative to the binocs if Medics or the SL used a camcorder with variable zoom. Just something a little different that would diversify the factions a little bit, also I'm not saying remove binocs completely but have the option to use it if you'd like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

interesting concept, the only thing though that comes to mind is, I believe most branches of the US military prohibit bringing recordable devices out in the field with them (I know they still do with go pros etc, but not suppose to? someone correct me if im wrong) and I feel like insurgents would have an easier time getting a $50 pair of binocs over a $100 camcorder or something, although its not unheard of for them to have cameras to record attacks etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like this idea for insurgents, maybe it can be an optional swap out for binos or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

disagree. If I was going to war I'd rather have a pair of binoculars than a camcorder.

 

Camcorder
Pros:

-can record sick kill montages

-possibly more zoom
-shitty NV that allows you to see things within 10 meters

 

Cons:
-less resolution than your eyes, harder to spot things on screen (negates zoom factor)
-requires batteries

-gives away your position with white light from LCD

-heavier

-more fragile

-harder to take out and put away than binoculars

-smaller field of view

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

disagree. If I was going to war I'd rather have a pair of binoculars than a camcorder.

 

Camcorder
Pros:

-can record sick kill montages

-possibly more zoom
-shitty NV that allows you to see things within 10 meters

 

Cons:
-less resolution than your eyes, harder to spot things on screen (negates zoom factor)
-requires batteries

-gives away your position with white light from LCD

-heavier

-more fragile

-harder to take out and put away than binoculars

-smaller field of view

I think that's a little too much for a small feature ,having a bit more zoom than binocs but heavier bitrate on the feed would be fine. No need for giving your position away and other things like that. It's not like you can shoot while looking through it anyways.

 

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a8c_1317856339

 

I think the link above is a good example of how it should look.

Edited by Fourkillmaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fourkillmaster said:

I think that's a little too much for a small feature ,having a bit more zoom than binocs but heavier bitrate on the feed would be fine. No need for giving your position away and other things like that. It's not like you can shoot while looking through it anyways.

 

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a8c_1317856339

 

I think the link above is a good example of how it should look.

 

I'm saying that's why it shouldn't be implemented. No one in their sane mind would want to lug around a camcorder and it's pretty immersion breaking. I'm sure you'd first see people jury rig spotter scopes from old DSLRs before using a camcorder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

 

I'm saying that's why it shouldn't be implemented. No one in their sane mind would want to lug around a camcorder and it's pretty immersion breaking. I'm sure you'd first see people jury rig spotter scopes from old DSLRs before using a camcorder.

A guy running around with this doesn't seem too immersion breaking to me, now those old chunky ones on the other-hand are a no go.

0_23.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Fourkillmaster said:

 

5 minutes ago, Fourkillmaster said:

A guy running around with this doesn't seem too immersion breaking to me, now those old chunky ones on the other-hand are a no go.

0_23.jpg

 

it is for the reasons I listed above. No one would want to. People with them are there to record propaganda or make money with ~war footage~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those crazy camcorders with the impossible zoom, probably have million dollar lenses. I don't think our Gi-had Joe's a photo hippie! lol But I do love me some practicality and improvisation with our Insurgent Forces. Their current binocs should be opted out for Soviet-grade or civilian/tourist based equipment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds fun but binoculars aren't some new invention that hasn't made its way globally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it would be implemented for civilians, it should be a smartphone.
But it would only be viable when the facial animation instantly goes duckface ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×