BrossParavoss

Ranking system for newbie restrictions

Access denied for newbie  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Access denied for newbie

• Yes
    • No

I got 1036 hours in Arma 3, and played 2 years in a Arma 3 unit as a leader. I can handle the SL role, and I have 50 hours in Squad.

EDIT: There should be restrictions for idiots who don't know how to play in a Squad and don't listen.

Edited by Mansee

10 minutes ago, Mansee said:

I got 1036 hours in Arma 3, and played 2 years in a Arma 3 unit as a leader. I can handle the SL role, and I have 50 hours in Squad.

EDIT: There should be restrictions for idiots who don't know how to play in a Squad and don't listen.

Doesn't matter how much hours you played in Arma 3 or another game. It's only about Squad - big difference.

Edited by BrossParavoss

It's not going to happen, if there ever was a server with noobs only, nobody would be able to make a squad.

Can agree. Got several times screwed up by SL new to the game. Either it was a "SL dead MIC" Squad or a "lets rush into the enemy frontline suicide taktic". I would like a kind of SL gets the best player of squad, but how to messure it? There will be no "promotion system" in sq, as many threads say, so whats about to find another way to messure it? Like teammate gives feedback after round? But in the end ... ... we talk as hot as hell and it wouldn't be the devs aim on that... so ... find your freedom by leaving current squad and take a better one....:ph34r:

Edited by Barbarossa

Everybody who has paid 40 bucks for a game shouldn't be restricted from anything in HIS/HER game. Who are you to tell anybody what to do and what he/she shouldn't do?

8 minutes ago, MultiSquid said:

It's not going to happen, if there ever was a server with noobs only, nobody would be able to make a squad.

Only those, who left the game at the main menu to reach 100 hours faster.

I got 46 hours in Squad. Daffen and me joined a game, and we joined in the middle of around. The map was Chora Valley, and the enemies were at our doorstep. We had two squads in a super offensive position. Camping a flag, that couldn't be capped. Rest of the team was struggling, we were about to go from two flags to one flag. I was thinking we had a snowball chance in hell to win this game, and we would be lucky if you could make it almost even. So Daffen and me made up a plan, and Daffen communicated with the other squads and they were willing to cooperate. By good communication and coordinating, we made an u-turn and won.

Ranking system is a bad idea.

20160417205515_1.jpg

Let´s make 300 more of these thread´s!

No because just use the search of the forum and you find 100 thread´s of this with a lot of answers.

37 minutes ago, BrossParavoss said:

Doesn't matter how much hours you played in Arma 3 or another game. It's only about Squad - big difference.

Actually it does matter. Especially if you've been playing Battlefield 2 Project Reality. How are people supposed to become a good SL if you don't let them try?

help them learn, if they arent responsive to friendly suggestion then make your own squad you lazy tagalong!

Guys I'm talking about SLs, which have not  any idea how to play this game. What the hell do you do? I'm very tired of my teammates (in 80% my squad is MOST EFFECTIVE, than another cause I know how to do this work and very often I play with pro-gamers (it is true)): these stupid over 200 km flanking and fob spamming. I'm tired to do ALL in game. Yes, SQUAD have a lot of good guys, but please do not kidding me: after less than 100 hours you do not understand what you REALLY need to do!

Of course ranking system will not solve this problem, but it will make the game a little bit safe of kids.

This is like the 58787 thead about ranking system. Long short story: no ranking system for get acces to any weapons / role. Reason? We don't like limitations.

26 minutes ago, Heradon said:

Actually it does matter. Especially if you've been playing Battlefield 2 Project Reality. How are people supposed to become a good SL if you don't let them try?

They could try after another roles, when they will understand how faster and where they need to bring their squads. Eders teach younger.

Edited by BrossParavoss

2 minutes ago, BrossParavoss said:

Guys I'm talking about SLs, which have not  any idea how to play this game. What the hell do you do? I'm very tired of my teammates (in 80% my squad is MOST EFFECTIVE, than another cause I know how to do this work and very often I play with pro-gamers (it is true)): these stupid over 200 km flanking and fob spamming. I'm tired to do ALL in game. Yes, SQUAD have a lot of good guys, but please do not kidding me: after less than 100 hours you do not understand what you REALLY need to do!

Of course ranking system will not solve this problem, but it will make the game a little bit safe of kids.

Do you even read what other people post in your thread mate?

1 minute ago, koschilein said:

Do you even read what other people post in your thread mate?

They try to convince me that they are capable of anything.

Stupid silly idea! NO!

I played well over 300 hours before this game hit steam release but now since its been on steam im only at like 150hours.

Your going to tell me that 55hours ago i wouldnt of been a good squad leader or of known what to do and or shouldnt of been allowed to cause i was under 100 hours?

When we started the closed pre alpha it only took a game or 2 and people knew what they should and shouldnt do, now days since steam release we have all these 'SQUAD Vets' some who help the new guys and others who just tell the new guy to piss off.. (most of these guys who get annoyed are the ones that began playing when steam release came out and just expect everyone to know what to do)

Only way people will learn is by trying / asking questions and taking ADVISE!

Im more then happy to play under a newish player as long as he's willing to listen to suggestions to better help him and the squad

4 minutes ago, ChanceBrahh said:

Im more then happy to play under a newish player as long as he's willing to listen to suggestions to better help him and the squad

But only if he makes on of your delicious cocktail´s after the job is done! :D

7 minutes ago, ChanceBrahh said:

Stupid silly idea! NO!

I played well over 300 hours before this game hit steam release but now since its been on steam im only at like 150hours.

Your going to tell me that 55hours ago i wouldnt of been a good squad leader or of known what to do and or shouldnt of been allowed to cause i was under 100 hours?

When we started the closed pre alpha it only took a game or 2 and people knew what they should and shouldnt do, now days since steam release we have all these 'SQUAD Vets' some who help the new guys and others who just tell the new guy to piss off.. (most of these guys who get annoyed are the ones that began playing when steam release came out and just expect everyone to know what to do)

Only way people will learn is by trying / asking questions and taking ADVISE!

Why it can't be in-game counter?

I can see why people think there should be restrictions, I really do. But at the same time it's just not practical! You can argue all you want for an hours played cap, but some people are going to reach that a lot faster than others. I've got 40 hours in game, and with a busy life full of work I don't know how I've churned that out. A 17 year old kid sitting at home on school holiday can do that no problem in3 or 4 days, not the 3 or 4 months I've had the game. Not to knock our younger players, I've played with some great ones! They just simply have more time, and some severely lack in maturity which is the most important aspect of being SL in my opinion. Maturity leads to everything else you need to have. 

When I jump in, I play a round as medic of rifleman, then I make a squad. My Squad often does well, and I keep the same group of guys together map after map. We might not always be top squad, but we often are.