Chuc

April 2016 Monthly Recap

19 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

The SVD uses a 4x scope and a 10-round magazine, the M110 uses a 10x scope and a 20-round magazine. The SVD is a DMR. The M110 is a sniper rifle. Both are being given to the DM. Am I the only one wondering why we're not getting the Mk 14 EBR-RI?!

I thought your previous post was interesting so I made a new thread based on it:

16 minutes ago, Mumble said:

I say, "Eh, wait and see."

Yeah, I think this is the right mindset :P

3 minutes ago, Silverspeed said:

So much excitement just for a few weaponso.O

Seriously  people you got some low expectations regarding this game.

Errr how much did you read? There has been a bit more the just a few weapons. Maybe you should take more than a cursory glance at the recap.

I have one question about the ammunition for the HMG emplacements. Where is the ammunition for the HMGs going from ? Is is going to use FOBs resources to shoot? That would be interesting but becouse the logistics are not implemented yet, this would be just infinite ammo. So... how is it going to work ?

Edited by JimmyJazz

Just now, JimmyJazz said:

I have one question about the ammunition for the HMG emplacements. Where is the ammunition for the HMGs going from ? Is is going to use FOBs resources to shoot? That would be interesting but before the logistics are not implemented yet it would be just infinite ammo. So... how is it going to work ?

Magic 'out of the air' reloading I'd expect until logistics are a thing. Maybe have to plonk an ammo crate nearby?

2 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

Magic 'out of the air' reloading I'd expect until logistics are a thing. Maybe have to plonk an ammo crate nearby?

I'd assume that it will draw from the already present "ammo" that current iteration fobs have, perhaps they will modify the regeneration rate and the ammo consumption. 

1 hour ago, NotBrad said:

I'd assume that it will draw from the already present "ammo" that current iteration fobs have, perhaps they will modify the regeneration rate and the ammo consumption. 

Now we have to actually access an ammo crate to resupply. For a hmg gunner to 'draw' from an ammo create potentially a good few meters away seems a tad strange to me. It's all a stepping stone to the real game so doesn't really matter but 'magic' available reloads seems off when a little thought out detail is more appealing. At least to me that is. Adds a bit more team work element.

"Hey SL we need some ammo for the .50".

"OK, there you go. Build it up lads."

Edited by Major Trouble

14 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

All I'm saying here is that Jack's assumption that a semi-automatic marksmen rifle with a box mag will somehow significantly upset the balance is unreasonable, because we already have a semi-auto marksmen rifle with a box mag -- the SVD, And as you pointed out, it's total crap at the moment, which means that the M101 doesn't necessarily have to be overpowered either (especially if they decide not to make the x10 magnification an option, and keep it to 3.5). But most likely, the SVD will be improved to make it usable and the M110 will effectively be a slightly better, through not overpowered, counterpart to the SVD. All I'm saying is that there won't be some huge unbalance just because of the M110 and that giving bolt-action sniper rifles to designated marksmen, as Jack suggested, is just silly, mil-sim or not. This whole argument is similar to the "I know that vehicles will unbalance and ruin the game based on my personal assumptions" argument, which really surprises me because it makes it sound like ppl have no faith in the devs and their abilities to make a fun, balanced, and realistic game.

First of all I said that kind of weapon just encourage to camp a lot then someone said something about balance, so calm your tits kid

8 hours ago, Silverspeed said:

So much excitement just for a few weaponso.O

Seriously  people you got some low expectations regarding this game.

We are all really happy to see you contribute with your positive posts... :P

21 hours ago, Hunter_Sh0tz said:

Din't you get the memo??

Squad = NSFW!! :P 

---------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU @Bruno_G!! You did the overheating effects I suppose?

---------------------------------------------------

Also, is the barrel and heat guard one piece in the video? I see the carry handle going back and forth (like it's supposed to) but it looks like the hand guard is moving with it. Sue me, Idk anything about free floating, etc 

Of course comrade!

Dont cook her too long or things will get.....wavey ^^

All this squabbling amongst the low post-count peasants about who's got the right to speak for the community. Take it outside or get a bedroom but decide that somewhere else.

Getting tired of the Bickering chaps.Keep it civil, or don't bother posting. Thanks.

Getting fed up with the amount of childish bickering I am seeing on these forums as of late. 

If you are debating something in a constructive manner related to the topic at hand; I will allow it. All this hot garbage is getting out of hand though. You lot just need to meet up on your lunch break, smash back your juice boxes and punch it out.

While this behavior is comical to those displaying a more mature manner it is also just bloody frustrating. Grow up, the lot of you. If you are still unable to reply in a respectful and constructive manner then please follow these simple rules: If you see a silly post; ignore it. If somebody says your mother is fat; ignore it. If somebody says they like something you do not; ignore it.

I am grumpy. I will begin to issue bans and warnings more often. I will begin to remove posts more often.

Carry on.

6 hours ago, NotBrad said:

All this squabbling amongst the low post-count peasants about who's got the right to speak for the community. Take it outside or get a bedroom but decide that somewhere else.

2 minutes ago, FreezerGeezer said:

Getting fed up with the amount of childish bickering I am seeing on these forums as of late. 

If you are debating something in a constructive manner related to the topic at hand; I will allow it. All this hot garbage is getting out of hand though. You lot just need to meet up on your lunch break, smash back your juice boxes and punch it out.

While this behavior is comical to those displaying a more mature manner it is also just bloody frustrating. Grow up, the lot of you. If you are still unable to reply in a respectful and constructive manner then please follow these simple rules: If you see a silly post; ignore it. If somebody says your mother is fat; ignore it. If somebody says the like something you do not; ignore it.

I am grumpy. I will begin to issue bans and warnings more often. I will begin to remove posts more often.

Carry on.

The point of my post is to highlight how childish some of the debates sound, I added comical satire for bonus street cred. Thanks @FreezerGeezer, good to know we can count on you.

Hey guys good work so far. I have a few ideas for the 50cal emplacement.

First one would be to have the characters feet placed onto the cross bar of the rear 2 legs and have them lean back into it with his arms pretty much straight looking over the weapon. In real life this makes a stronger support of the weapon and look down the weapon a bit easier.

Second one is to sandbags placed on the feet of the legs as this holds the weapon down and stops it kicking up.

yuoGs0.jpg

like this:

wiHBGG.jpg

Edited by Thrillhouse17
picture

I want to roll in the mud at that 50. Cal. And finally an SDK Map creator meaning some Workshop maps that're going to create some awsome scale maps. Shit, with everything coming up it's like bread and butter.

our emplaced assets will be sandbagged and this is the stance we chose as the most common from videos in combat of realy grunts firing away. 

May get a pass down the road of course but we needed to start somewhere. Soldiers look pretty sweet on the 50