Chuc

April 2016 Monthly Recap

m110.jpg

Personally I have never liked a semi spammer sniper rifle like this, I don't know why we cannot have a bolt-action rifle like M24 / M40 instead of having this kind of weapons that are much easier to use and encourage the camping without any skill, just camp and shoot 20 rounds without reloading, BUT if we had a bolt action with only 5 rounds the things could change a lot.

I WANT BOLT ACTION RIFLES.

Just now, =Jack-Daniels= said:

Personally I have never liked a semi spammer sniper rifle like this, I don't know why we cannot have a bolt-action rifle like M24 / M40 instead of having this kind of weapons that are much easier to use and encourage the camping without any skill, just camp and shoot 20 rounds without reloading, BUT if we had a bolt action with only 5 rounds the things could change a lot.

I WANT BOLT ACTION RIFLES.

I'm sure some factions will get bolt action rifles. The US Army doesn't issue the M24 anymore I believe. It's like if Squad used UCP instead of OCP camo, it makes no sense. I don't think it will be a balance issue.

like i wrote elsewhere

Allow to spare the Teampoints

and then allow to spend them

If 30 Minutes in Round as SL you can buy a Artillery Attack or Airstrike for 10 000 Teampoints

Unlock a single seater Tank for 3000 Points (1 Spawn) (1-3 for same team at same time, depending on map)

Unlock Sniper Kit for 2000 points (1 Spawn) (1-3 for same team at same time, depending on map)

and maybe such a Marksman rifle a player need the Slot from Squad and need to pay additional 500 Points.

Means you need to play around 3-5 Rounds in Team to spare some points and then you can play one round as Lone wulf. First this helps to relax after some rounds Focussing in team. and second rewards for Teamplay are much bether than penaltys.  And be serious, no really damage for the team if 10-20 % of player dont work in Squads. That is allready so, but actuall they run away with the unlocked squadweapons.

if players get Rewards for playing the Objectives or building Sensefull fobs (Fobs player Spawn who gain Teamplay points) you will have much more men doing that. Even Sniper will camp the Objectives instead of running around at the ass of the map (Or CQC with sniper rifles^^)

Edited by Royal Deluxe

3 minutes ago, Mumble said:

I'm sure some factions will get bolt action rifles. The US Army doesn't issue the M24 anymore I believe. It's like if Squad used UCP instead of OCP camo, it makes no sense. I don't think it will be a balance issue.

Some faction will get bolt actions?? just some factions? and you say  "Idon't think it will be a balance issue" so how do you balance the game? ho I know bolt action kill 1 shot and semis in 2 o 3?? and I don't really care if the US Army doesn't use the M24 anymore, this is NOT a milsim like ARMA.

23 hours ago, Nightstalker21 said:

Couldnt, was at work :P but shouted it so loud in my head that I went deaf for minutes ^^

Din't you get the memo??

Squad = NSFW!! :P 

---------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU @Bruno_G!! You did the overheating effects I suppose?

---------------------------------------------------

Also, is the barrel and heat guard one piece in the video? I see the carry handle going back and forth (like it's supposed to) but it looks like the hand guard is moving with it. Sue me, Idk anything about free floating, etc 

23 minutes ago, =Jack-Daniels= said:

Some faction will get bolt actions?? just some factions? and you say  "Idon't think it will be a balance issue" so how do you balance the game? ho I know bolt action kill 1 shot and semis in 2 o 3?? and I don't really care if the US Army doesn't use the M24 anymore, this is NOT a milsim like ARMA.

Ever heard of asymmetrical balance?

3 minutes ago, Mumble said:

Ever heard of asymmetrical balance?

Tell me how do you do with your asymmetrical balance with the snipers rifles...?...and pls do not answer me with a question

9 minutes ago, =Jack-Daniels= said:

Tell me how do you do with your asymmetrical balance with the snipers rifles...?...and pls do not answer me with a question

Works alright in PR. Just have to play the faction differently. For instance the US army gets an M24, insurgents get a mosin. Sure the M24 works better at range, but as an insurgent you aren't trying to fight at extremely long ranges. Just have to play the faction differently and maybe a bit more cautiously.

6 minutes ago, Royal Deluxe said:

Giving the enemy IED´s as example

I'm talking about long range VS long range weapons and you say IED?

Assuming the devs keep to authenticity – though they're not doing a great job – all factions will use a bolt-action sniper rifle. L115A3 for the Brits, Lee-Enfield and/or Mosin for the Insurgents, M2010 for the Army, and not sure what for Mother Russia.

Just now, =Jack-Daniels= said:

I'm talking about long range VS long range weapons and you say IED?

Jack, your understanding of asymmetrical balance is fundamentally flawed.

Here's something I pulled from online: "Asymmetric games are those games where the players do not stand on equal ground. Different options provide different advantages and disadvantages to each player."

In our case, one team has the disadvantage of having subpar long-range rifles, but has the advantage of massive explosives that can cause huge destruction and ticket loss; the other team has the disadvantage of no massive explosives, but the advantage of effective long-range weaponry, which can slow down enemy advancement and engage targets from afar.

Have you ever played different Generals in Command and Conquer Generals.

One team has Suicide Bombers, the other Flashbangs.

Completly different to play, but still fair

19 minutes ago, Mumble said:

Jack, your understanding of asymmetrical balance is fundamentally flawed.

Here's something I pulled from online: "Asymmetric games are those games where the players do not stand on equal ground. Different options provide different advantages and disadvantages to each player."

In our case, one team has the disadvantage of having subpar long-range rifles, but has the advantage of massive explosives that can cause huge destruction and ticket loss; the other team has the disadvantage of no massive explosives, but the advantage of effective long-range weaponry, which can slow down enemy advancement and engage targets from afar.

I understand the concept of asymmetrical balance now let's see how it will work when we have the M110

Umm, don't you realize that the non-US factions already have a semi-auto DMR comparable to the M110, which is the SVD?

Edited by fatalsushi

18 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

don't you realize that the non-US factions already have a semi-auto DMR comparable to the M110, which is the SVD?

We don't know how the M110 will be employed in Squad yet, it may be the DMR or the main sniper rifle; it could fill both roles if it wanted to probably.

It will be the DMR. Here is a quote trom the recap.

"It is a semi-automatic Designated Marksman rifle firing the larger 7.62x51 NATO round, giving US Army squads that little bit more power and reach with their arsenal."

And regardless of which kit gets it, the enemy will be able to counter it with the SVD.

Edited by fatalsushi

1 hour ago, fatalsushi said:

It will be the DMR. Here is a quote trom the recap.

"It is a semi-automatic Designated Marksman rifle firing the larger 7.62x51 NATO round, giving US Army squads that little bit more power and reach with their arsenal."

And regardless of which kit gets it, the enemy will be able to counter it with the SVD.

Not if they aim for accuracy (pun intended), because the SVD can't compete with it, the sight on the current SVD is shit. I'd rather they opt for completely 2-D scopes rather than what's there now.

1 hour ago, NotBrad said:

Not if they aim for accuracy (pun intended), because the SVD can't compete with it, the sight on the current SVD is shit. I'd rather they opt for completely 2-D scopes rather than what's there now.

All I'm saying here is that Jack's assumption that a semi-automatic marksmen rifle with a box mag will somehow significantly upset the balance is unreasonable, because we already have a semi-auto marksmen rifle with a box mag -- the SVD, And as you pointed out, it's total crap at the moment, which means that the M101 doesn't necessarily have to be overpowered either (especially if they decide not to make the x10 magnification an option, and keep it to 3.5). But most likely, the SVD will be improved to make it usable and the M110 will effectively be a slightly better, through not overpowered, counterpart to the SVD. All I'm saying is that there won't be some huge unbalance just because of the M110 and that giving bolt-action sniper rifles to designated marksmen, as Jack suggested, is just silly, mil-sim or not. This whole argument is similar to the "I know that vehicles will unbalance and ruin the game based on my personal assumptions" argument, which really surprises me because it makes it sound like ppl have no faith in the devs and their abilities to make a fun, balanced, and realistic game.

The SVD uses a 4x scope and a 10-round magazine, the M110 uses a 10x scope and a 20-round magazine. The SVD is a DMR. The M110 is a sniper rifle. Both are being given to the DM. Am I the only one wondering why we're not getting the Mk 14 EBR-RI?!