Chuc

April 2016 Monthly Recap

Frosty2   

Nice recap!

It got me wondering are we passengers able to look from the vehicles hatches on top of it that is a must have thing and i hope the disembarking the vehicle isnt too slow paced that might depend how the vehicles backdoor works :D 

Foliage bending is it only bushes and grass or is that the alternative for destruction of those god damn trees... i hope we cant we make catapults of them....

That machine gun looks dangerous im happy if it prevents the frontal attacks that people try and fail often.

I really look forward to that mapping, some of the best maps have been made for games trough community contests. 

Lots of good stuff incoming great work!!

29 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

Finally a recap is here.

Its great to read about it, its GREAT update, just the waiting is becoming ......

Any words when might be the next update?

Thanks for the recap.

As far as I know, the update should hit us some time after mid-may :P

I have a PC with a Nvidia graphics card and I get terrible performance on low settings so I was just wondering if this update will help at all or is this update mainly focused on AMD? Thanks

bilsantu   
1 hour ago, Antol said:

Model is still WIP, for example missing smoke grenade launchers on tower

I know, I am reserving my final judgement until I see it in the game but yeah, I stand by my comment. 

31 minutes ago, Ratboyslim said:

I have a PC with a Nvidia graphics card and I get terrible performance on low settings so I was just wondering if this update will help at all or is this update mainly focused on AMD? Thanks

Depends on what CPU you have, AMD CPUs can't handle some of the sound stuff, that's why they produce low fps.

Emilou   
2 hours ago, anders said:

Will take longer than I expected. About the dynamic reflections. They're working very well though, but it's a loong process to get them sound right.

Oh sry, last question,  it is still planned that noise for M4 ? >

Edited by Emilou

Rykane   

Damn, this recap  looks good. I love the look and sound of the 50. but the sounds are probably placeholder so that makes me very excited if the placeholders sound good.

3 minutes ago, Rykane said:

Damn, this recap  looks good. I love the look and sound of the 50. but the sounds are probably placeholder so that makes me very excited if the placeholders sound good.

They have already confirmed that they are placeholder sounds in this very thread, just go through the pages of comments ;)

O

M

G

YASSSSSS

<Insert "Hory Shet" meme here>

Also, IS THAT A SUPPRESSOR ON THE SASS?!?!?!?!?!

<Insert another "Hory Shet" meme here>

DonDOOM   

Great read!

This might be pushing it a bit, but when I looked at that DShK I couldn't help but hope it could have both well known varieties in-game someday,

the one that is being worked on currently, and the one with the cooling fins on the barrel, as shown below :

12.7mm_dshkm_mod.1946_12_of_22.jpgdshk_on_tank.jpg

Also greatly looking forward to some of the more fundamental gameplay additions, such as a BF2/PR style kit system, BF2/PR style SL markers (with a line leading from the player to the marker) and general user friendliness, e.g. when multi-tasking; placing markers while using VOIP / opening the "F" menu from an ammo box while using VOIP. (VOIP cuts off when doing these things while holding down a talk button)

Anyways, awesome stuff! Looking forward to future updates.

BTR   
3 hours ago, bilsantu said:

There is something about Stryker's model that doesn't feel right but I can't put my finger on. How about you @BTR?

It is hard to pinpoint what isn't right on vehicles I am not familiar with. I have a feeling it is the wheels that are slightly off at the moment, but I wouldn't be able to tell how exactly. 

Pyle_DK   

Looks relly relly good, hopes to see it in game some time soon. Good job making it a great game.

Dubs   

50 cal attention to detail is nice, barrel movement, smoking barrel from over heating(even though we have no over heating system :[ ), ammo chain moving with the gun when it pivots, ammo chain breaking and bouncing off surroundings, sparks from ejection port, Has a nice beefy sound to it, which will sound even more epic with the new reverb/echo coming!

New content models look nice and the collision for shrubs, grass etc looks good.

Over all, nice update.

Frosty2   

Im not too worried about the vehicle model and with this im not familiar.. the smokes, lights, weapons and reactive armor etc are just addons at least for russian armoured name changes depending whats attached in the base vehicle.. im worried how the roof hatch works for passengers because would be great to use them in combat , navigation and situtation awarness...