Chuc

April 2016 Monthly Recap

ZiGreen   
17 minutes ago, LMR Sahara said:

Lets talk about that M110

m110.jpg

(Correct me if Im wrong)

The image above is the Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x40mm with M2 knobs. So with the magnification being 3.5 - 10x, how will we be able to adjust the magnification?

opplanet-leupold-mark-4-35-10x40-lrt-m2-

It should also have a Illuminated TMR reticle

mk4brown5.jpg

1947_v3.jpg

I better not see the amount of recoil the SVD has haha, especially in prone. 

Who cares about scope?! It has SILENCER!!!

Antol   
33 minutes ago, Emilou said:

Nice and THX ! :)

But any news about shootgun and dynamic audio reflection ? <3

About shotguns. I think they will not add any new weapon before implementing new animation system because its a waste of time for getting this into game through old anim system.

The mounted weapons look really good. I particularly like the animations on the belt, though what looks like it might be barrel flex is a bit overdone for the M2A1, considering the barrel on the damn thing likely couldn't be bent unless ran over by an Abrams. Only thing that looked undone on it to me would be the cocking handle, which definitely needs some polishing. 

The new cables are pretty cool. They're not the easiest thing in the world of game development to implement and most people probably wouldn't notice, but it's really nice to see you adding them. I wonder, will they be affected by possible wind and weather conditions? Would be awesome to see them swaying in the wind.

The SDK is something I've been looking forward to as it'll allow people to start working on possible maps, factions, and all sorts of goodies so that it's not just you guys doing the work for everything. It'll add variety to the game through the creativity of the fanbase, and we all know how well that worked out for PR.

The Foliage collision looks to be a bit rougher than when it was shown last (at least to me) but I trust you guys will knock it out of the park. I'm assuming its Turfworks? If so, then AMD players (such as myself) might have a hard time with FPS drops with it, but hopefully you guys have thought around that.

The Stryker is a bit soft looking to me. Ride height also looks like its way too high. Hopefully in the future we'll see it properly covered with all the shit real soldiers throw on them (backpacks, sand bags, radio antennas, cage armor, etc.) along with some thicker tires and the other things I mentioned. 

Now, the M110 looks really rough. The magazine looks a tad too long, the fire selector is incorrect and is only on one side when (as far as I know) it should be ambidextrous, the brass deflector is too small and is edgy when it should be a little large and smooth, the flash hider is way too large, the bolt release is too large (and there's no cut-out for it), the receiver fencing on both sides should be rounded (along with some of the other receiver shapes, and the break down pins are too flat. You can call all of my gripes nitpicking, but they're all correct. It's not a bad model, but it could be a lot better. It leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion.

The KORD and DShKM are two weapons I don't know all that much about, but at a glance they look fine. I'm sure one of the Russians will gripe about anything that's wrong for me. 

The map changes look really good. I can't wait to play on Gorodok, but waiting is my only option.

All in all, didnotblowmysocksoffasproimsed/10. 

dsiOne   

Oh my god every single thing about this Browning .50cal video is amazing, the animations, the particles, the physics, the sounds. Just holy shit, my avatar has never been more apt.

Bask in the glory one more time:

9 minutes ago, VarenykySupreme said:

The Foliage collision looks to be a bit rougher than when it was shown last (at least to me) but I trust you guys will knock it out of the park. I'm assuming its Turfworks? If so, then AMD players (such as myself) might have a hard time with FPS drops with it, but hopefully you guys have thought around that.

The foliage is using pivot painter and world position offset, no third party tools. Everything is still a work in progress. We've got to find the balance between looks and performance. The first pass was getting it to work for you, the player, this pass was to get it to work for the other players on screen as well as obey prone state. We'll keep working on it. ;)

IrOnTaXi   
39 minutes ago, Antol said:

What about shells when shooting M2? They should pop up too with belt parts

they actually.. pop down out a nice big poop shoot under the weapon.. and yes.. ours does that too. 

Emilou   
1 hour ago, Antol said:

About shotguns. I think they will not add any new weapon before implementing new animation system because its a waste of time for getting this into game through old anim system.

Okay, thank you it makes sense, I hope that the system will come soon. :)

Mycelus   

Very excited about the M110. Honestly I would like to see a kit system similar to Battlefield 2's. Weapons that fit with the theme and timeline of the game, that would cater to certain kits.

Antol   
2 minutes ago, bilsantu said:

There is something about Stryker's model that doesn't feel right but I can't put my finger on. How about you @BTR?

Model is still WIP, for example missing smoke grenade launchers on tower

On the topic of HMGs will there be 3rd person animations similar to small arms animations? I.e. we can see the hands tossing the empty box and grabbing a new one, feeding a new belt, etc. Will there be barrel change animations? If not how many meals does Chuc need me to pay for to make that happen? 

anders   
2 hours ago, WarEagle751 said:

Don't take this the wrong way. The 50 cal. sounds pretty good and all., but I'm taking the 50 cal. sounds are just a placeholder for now, because with Anders I believe they can sound 10xs better? There is no echo, no sound of the bullets shells dropping and the sound of over heating, and etc. It's missing a lot of layers and depth to it in my opinion, but still amazing work on it! Very excited with it!

The initial is the one beeing used. But yes there will be echoes and overheating sounds and hopefully shell impact sounds. :) The audio quality in that vid isn't anything to brag about. 

anders   
2 hours ago, Emilou said:

Nice and THX ! :)

But any news about shootgun and dynamic audio reflection ? <3

Will take longer than I expected. About the dynamic reflections. They're working very well though, but it's a loong process to get them sound right.

cyreda   

Hey devs, really cool recap!!

What's going on with the True Sky implementation though? :)

Edited by cyreda
Typo fix

Emilou   
19 minutes ago, anders said:

Will take longer than I expected. About the dynamic reflections. They're working very well though, but it's a loong process to get them sound right.

Ok, thank you and good luck, you're an amazing team. :D

Edited by Emilou

Every progress update gets better and better, great job devs!

The .50 cal emplacement is easily the most realistic version of the weapon I've seen in a game, no constant Hollywood muzzleflash and the way the envoironvent and the gun itself reacts to being fired is incredible. I can't wait to be pinned down by one!

Squike   

will we be getting ADS on the emplacements or will it be all above view? and will we be able to focus on both view if they are implemented?

When the month drags on with no major update heads start to pop up questioning Squads progress. Once again though the devs have show they're soooo on it. I've learnt over the time following the development when they're quiet big things are happening behind the scenes. They have not disappointed. 

Great recap guys.

Finally a recap is here.

Its great to read about it, its GREAT update, just the waiting is becoming ......

Any words when might be the next update?

Thanks for the recap.