Chuc

April 2016 Monthly Recap

2 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

If we get vehicles soon,i want this badboys at the ready just to blow some shizup,mortaried.jpg sky high!. "KABABOOM" :D

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 7:05 PM, lastpuritan said:

Yeah and we want stable 40 FPS at least before ^ that KABOOM happens.

On AMD cpu's!!!!!

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 7:14 PM, Zenrique said:

1531pf

What determines a game is "alpha"?  Poor performance!!!!  Who decides when it goes beta?  What criteria?  This has been in dev for a couple years.

You cant keep calling it alpha just because you cant debug it.

I love when armchair developers keep talking about the state of the game.

"Why are you wasting time developing all these art updates, I want performance and bug fixes NOW!" I'm sure every single person on the team knows how to do everything and if you let them all write the same bit of code simultaneously like monkeys you will get wonderful results!

"Why is this game in development for so long!?" Maybe you missed the numerous times the general time frame for the final version was established, I'm sure since you bought this unfinished game you'd be interested in such things. But please keep screaming "FIX THIS!" and it will probably go faster.

"Why are they treating us like lab rats?!" Because we are and that's one of the reasons we bought the game early. You know, to test and influence development. Some times they are just going to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks.

And yes, Squad is in Alpha, read more about development cycles on Wikipedia, as you can see (I can't believe I have to point this out) it doesn't mention any time frames for each state. But maybe games like Duke Nukem Forever was only in Alpha the for years, one year in Beta and on the fourth it was ready, then they just waited for another 15 just for the hell of it.

5 minutes ago, cribbaaa said:

"Why are you wasting time developing all these art updates, I want performance and bug fixes NOW!" I'm sure every single person on the team knows how to do everything and if you let them all write the same bit of code simultaneously like monkeys you will get wonderful results!

"Why is this game in development for so long!?" Maybe you missed the numerous times the general time frame for the final version was established, I'm sure since you bought this unfinished game you'd be interested in such things. But please keep screaming "FIX THIS!" and it will probably go faster.

"Why are they treating us like lab rats?!" Because we are and that's one of the reasons we bought the game early. You know, to test and influence development. Some times they are just going to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks.

And yes, Squad is in Alpha, read more about development cycles on Wikipedia, as you can see (I can't believe I have to point this out) it doesn't mention any time frames for each state. But maybe games like Duke Nukem Forever was only in Alpha the for years, one year in Beta and on the fourth it was ready, then they just waited for another 15 just for the hell of it.

Thank you sir

To all others having troubles with the game wait for patches, be patient and everything will be good

13 minutes ago, cribbaaa said:

Finally a voice of reason

3 hours ago, cribbaaa said:

Based on your idea the game will always be alpha so long as they keep adding things to it.  The Wiki definitions support beta more than alpha.

40 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

Based on your idea the game will always be alpha so long as they keep adding things to it.  The Wiki definitions support beta more than alpha.

I think you're missing his point.... Not surprised though.

1 hour ago, Oldschool61 said:

Dude, the game will be in alpha state until they implement all CORE features like combined warfare, 100 player servers and bunch of other basic mechanics. Until then don't expect developers to fully optimize the game because adding new features like vehicles will fuck up the performance and create new bugs etc.

My definition of an alpha is a game that's not feature complete. Once it is it enters beta where all the fine tuning is done. If they keep adding features then it could stay in alpha indefinitely.

18 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

My definition of an alpha is a game that's not feature complete. Once it is it enters beta where all the fine tuning is done. If they keep adding features then it could stay in alpha indefinitely.

That's my point.  You could call it alpha till the cows come home if they always add stuff.  Which is what it sounds like.  At which time they can always have the excuse "its alpha".

19 hours ago, IWI-GALIL5.56FA said:

I think you're missing his point.... Not surprised though.

No I know exactly what the point is.  Your just a fanboy.

9 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

No I know exactly what the point is.  Your just a fanboy.

*You're

So because people don't see eye to eye with you, it makes them a fanboy? Interesting...Guess that means you're a fanboy off yourself?. In deeper context, that's arrogance and over self entitlement Aka a "know it all"? Correct?

Am I being obnoxious correctly?

40 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

That's my point.  You could call it alpha till the cows come home if they always add stuff.  Which is what it sounds like.  At which time they can always have the excuse "its alpha".

It is no what it sounds like nor an "excuse", it is exaclty how software development works in any professional project. I've been working as a system analyst and programmer for 20 years and I can assure you that. Every serious software development will go though alpha and beta before final release. So what garantees that it won't be alpha forever? OWI has a list of features they plan to develop in the game, and when these are complete THEN the game will switch to beta stage, where only fixes, optimizations and minor updates should be included. After some beta releses passes all the tests the game is finally ready for public release. OWI hasn't release theis complete feature plan but we can guess it by looking at the kickstarter articles. Besides they have a limited budget so adding new features forever wouldn't be a smart business plan.

No code is perfect from the get-go, every new line of code is prone to  bugs that may and will happen unexpected, so sofware development demands lots of testing, and that is exaclty what Steam Early Access is for, so indie companies can get the help of players to test and fix early on. And that also explains why there can't be any release dates set in stone, specially in a project like this with a new game engine which is also evolving as the project goes. AFAIK OWI is learning while coding, and so there may be some set backs and detours in the planning eventually.

So in practice it's like we players are part of the QA team, if you don't agree to that you simply shoudn't have bought a early access game at all.

2 hours ago, Oldschool61 said:

Adding weapons, buildings, factions, maps etc is not the same thing as adding features like buildable mechanic, vehicles netcode, aircraft, fast ropes etc. Once a feature has been added I don't see adding more items to that feature can constitute keeping the game in an alpha state but that's a gray area I suppose and open to the developers to decide.

1 hour ago, Zenrique said:

AFAIK OWI is learning while coding, and so there may be some set backs and detours in the planning eventually.

I think you're correct but, just to add, what they're learning is also changing as the game engine is updating. That's added unexpected set backs all by itself.