Chuc

April 2016 Monthly Recap

HA HA this! ^ Who doesn't want v.7 right now. I've been waiting for vehicles since I saw that first Squad video with Bluedrake42 and I specifically remember that video really well. Bluedrake, "Cave? I want to go to the cave! Let's all go to the cave! Cave!":P

18 hours ago, WarEagle751 said:

HA HA this! ^ Who doesn't want v.7 right now. I've been waiting for vehicles since I saw that first Squad video with Bluedrake42 and I specifically remember that video really well. Bluedrake, "Cave? I want to go to the cave! Let's all go to the cave! Cave!":P

Speaking of caves.... I remember a dev saying something about caves on logar around this time last year!

11 minutes ago, NotBrad said:

Speaking of caves.... I remember a dev saying something about caves on logar around this time last year!

Yeah, I remember too, but don't know what happened and why they haven't mentioned or showed some things after that. I mean we got tunnels now so maybe they are secretly working on it.

Just now, WarEagle751 said:

Yeah, I remember too, but don't know what happened and why they haven't mentioned it after that. I mean we got tunnels now so maybe they are secretly working on it.

Maybe, but tunnels intersect at right angles that can be easily made modular. Caves have rounded and rough surfaces that need to blend seamlessly in both texture and shape, so it might be too difficult to do. A man can dream though, a man can dream...

True, maybe a dev can shed some morearrow-10x10.png light on this subject. It's been done in PR and many other games so it can definitely be done in Squad. I think it's just a matter of time. I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing this in Korengal Valley once it's finished,

4 minutes ago, NotBrad said:

Maybe, but tunnels intersect at right angles that can be easily made modular. Caves have rounded and rough surfaces that need to blend seamlessly in both texture and shape, so it might be too difficult to do. A man can dream though, a man can dream...

Plenty of games with cave systems in them. I can't imagine it's more difficult than what the devs have achieved already with their tunnel system. Random, rocky surface texture probably the hardest to get right but they can hide stuff behind rocky outcrops anyway.

Think of Insurgency, Fallout4, Half Life, Skyrim, Tomb Raider and how well caves seem in those games.

Don't leave this poor man dreaming devs. Make his dream come true. 

6 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

Plenty of games with cave systems in them. I can't imagine it's more difficult than what the devs have achieved already with their tunnel system. Random, rocky surface texture probably the hardest to get right but they can hide stuff behind rocky outcrops anyway.

Think of Insurgency, Fallout4, Half Life, Skyrim, Tomb Raider and how well caves seem in those games.

Don't leave this poor man dreaming devs. Make his dream come true. 

Well you are right, but for example in Fallout 3 and Skyrim you can visibly identify seams in the modelled walls of the cave, I think that Fallout 4 dealt with this well by covering the seams with vines and roots. But that might not work for the desert caves in Squad, I would still love to see them in game.

5 hours ago, NotBrad said:

Well you are right, but for example in Fallout 3 and Skyrim you can visibly identify seams in the modelled walls of the cave, I think that Fallout 4 dealt with this well by covering the seams with vines and roots. But that might not work for the desert caves in Squad, I would still love to see them in game.

They can always use the wall rug to hide some seams. Make it feel more homely. :)

Also you got to remember we got different locations than just desert. We got forests too and eventually more regions on the way! ;)

8 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

They can always use the wall rug to hide some seams. Make it feel more homely. :)

Very true, wouldn't be quite the same if it was any other way.

On May 13, 2016 at 1:28 PM, WarEagle751 said:

They already said, "mid May to late May." So...possibly next week we may start to see it  coming out anytime. 9_9

Watch and read this while we wait...

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=96

Holy shit that's an awesome tutorial. Great effects, great info. Simple and to the point. Those tutorials should be accessible from the main screen, like Dslecxi's are in Arma 3.

Because the marksman is more like a sniper for close range , in Project Reality you have choice between marksman and sniper, this latter is more for the very long range because you have multiple "zoom" with the rifle, and it isn't in semi-auto. Example for the US in PR you have this one for the sniper :400px-IDF-M24-SWS-pic001.jpg

17 hours ago, Daytrader said:

Why they called Marksman and nit Sniper anyway ? 

I'm not a military expert or anything but as far I as know snipers and marksmen operate very differently and carry out different roles. Snipers work in teams of 2-3 and their role involves surveillance, not just shooting people. A designated Marksmen (DM) on the other hand, is a part of a regular infantry squad and he provides accurate, long-range firepower for the squad. So in this game when you say "I have the sniper kit!" and the squad leaders tells you, "No, you have a DMR (designated marksman rifle)," he means that you need to stay with your squad and help them out, not go off trying to snipe on your own :)

Edited by fatalsushi

Ok cheers guys, so will there be true sniper weapons/class eventually in squad, hope so ?

17 minutes ago, Daytrader said:

Ok cheers guys, so will there be true sniper weapons/class eventually in squad, hope so ?

Yes it is planned, but very low priority on the to do list.

20 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

Any news on how the UE 4.11 update is effecting performance on AMD machines??

i wanna know that to im sick of the 15 fps gameplay

10 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

I'm not a military expert or anything but as far I as know snipers and marksmen operate very differently and carry out different roles. Snipers work in teams of 2-3 and their role involves surveillance, not just shooting people. A designated Marksmen (DM) on the other hand, is a part of a regular infantry squad and he provides accurate, long-range firepower for the squad. So in this game when you say "I have the sniper kit!" and the squad leaders tells you, "No, you have a DMR (designated marksman rifle)," he means that you need to stay with your squad and help them out, not go off trying to snipe on your own :)

I've got to say, I'd love to have a sniper squad of like three guys, a spotter, a rifleman (optic), and myself a sniper, and just conduct reconaissance/surveillance the whole game, engaging HVTs when opportunities arise. Done it a few times in PR, would love to do it in Squad. When I'm playing as a sniper, I personally think it's way more fun to conduct reconaissance/surveillance and just feed info to the squads instead of actually going around sniping people.

Edited by Aniallator