karmakut

Squad Operations - Hardcore One Life Events

59 posts in this topic

fo1nSnI.png

 

=======================================================

Welcome to Squad Operations

=======================================================

 

[ Official Trailer ]

 

 

[ What is Squad Ops? ]

 

Squad Ops is a closed server community event focused on immersion and tactical gameplay. We aim to bring realistic scenarios to create a cinematic experience for both the players and spectators. Squad Ops is geared towards those who want to experience the rush and thrill of combat as well as the slower, methodical planning that takes place for an operation. To those looking for hardcore, tactical, and cinematic gameplay,  Squad Ops is perfect for you.  

 

[ What makes Squad Ops unique? ]

 

The main goal of Squad Ops is to create a realistic, single-life environment that takes immersion to the next level. Once players die, they can no longer contribute to their team and must exit into the death cam in order to spectate the rest of the match.There will be a variety of different scenarios such as:

  • Patrols in enemy territory
  • Assaulting compounds
  • Base construction and defense
  • Rescue missions
  • VIP escort
  • Search and destroy
  • Assassinations
  • Extraction and escapes
  • Raids
  • Convoys

And many more.....

 

Squad Ops is open to all like-minded players, regardless if they are part of a clan or not. Our goal is to create an environment where players can enjoy the operation whether they win or lose.
 

[ How can I participate? ]

 

Website: http://squadops.gg/

 

Forums: http://forums.squadops.gg/

 

Discord: https://www.discord.me/squadops/

 

 

[ Weekly Events ]

 

Monday - No Events

 

Tuesday - Squad Ops Tactics and Training (Advanced Weapons Systems)

20:00 UTC and 20:00 CT

 

Wednesday - Open Squad Operation (No Basic Course Required)

20:00 CT Only

 

Thursday - Squad Ops Tactics and Training (Basic Course)

20:00 UTC and 20:00 CT 

 

Friday - Closed Squad Operations (Basic Course Required)

20:00 UTC and 20:00 CT

 

Saturday and Sunday - Whitelist Weekends

20:00 UTC until Monday

 

Squad Ops is officially sponsored by Blue Fang Solutions.

Need quality game servers? Check them out: https://www.bluefangsolutions.com/?ref=124

 

Updated 10/22/16

 

Edited by karmakut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool! Sounds interesting. Good luck with the planning, a good format will be essential to make it fun.

Edited by JarryHead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds really really awesome! Can´t wait to see/hear more from this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds like a lot of fun. Sort of reminds me of shack tactical, but in Squad (therefore better by default xD)

 

I would love to help out in testing, but sadly my GPU died. I'll definitely check this out when I can play again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds interesting! Not the normal way I play but I can definitely see how intense this could be.

 

I'll be keeping my eye on this B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sentienthaze said:

Sounds fun! Do you guys have a discord channel we can join?

 

Click the Discord link in the above post and it should take you there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Operation Neptune Spear anyone?

Or we can reenact the movie Black Hawk Down. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's some footage from our last test session from the VIP PoV! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, karmakut said:

Here's some footage from our last test session from the VIP PoV! 

 

Can this be renamed HVT Extraction for maximum tacticool points? Nicely done btw, would make a great game mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ooooo this looks interesting. That fear of death is going to be multiplied. 

 

What about a hostage situation where an opposing player is in a room in a enemy controlled compound. He can't shoot until the compound is clear and at least 3 friendlies are inside. Probably requires a lot of trust but it'd be a cool situation to extract the hostage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished one of our larger test session today and it went great. Could definitely use more people for the next one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2016 at 6:07 PM, KillerJay said:

 

Click the Discord link in the above post and it should take you there!

 

doh, sorry I missed it earlier. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Karmakult does it for the views... <3 u karma.

cant wait for that nice looking portal page...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another highlight clip from a test session! 

 

Edited by karmakut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe once the M110 comes into the game, you guys can do a Spec ops mission. Hostage rescue and extraction.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Squad Ops is fucking outstanding

 

Here is my feedback, played the Squad Ops HVT + Patrol Missions

 

Let's start with this, the idea is great: 

 

  • You take a group of solid squaddies who wants to play seriously
  • You allow them to use the spectator cam once they die
  • You give them one life and some restriction (coming from a real situation)
  • You give them some time to do a briefing
  • And some time to play the objective
  • You get their feedback and adjust your rules and restrictions

The thing is simple, and of course, it's fucking awesome.

If you are wondering why I'm saying it, the first thing I can tell you is "go hell play that!" .

If you are still thinking that this isn't a good idea just keep reading this feedback.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Let's start dividing the match into three parts:

  1. Preparation phase,
  2. Role-playing phase,
  3. Watch-the-movie phase.

1. Preparation phase

In this phase you have to start getting knowledge of your objectives, and, of course you start to meet your squad members and leaders. It really depends on which side you've chosen, 'cause if you'll be a US you'll notice everybody is going to organize some kind of tactic and strategy to move on. On the other side, if you're playing, let's say Insurgent Forces, you won't be able to use your comms and, of course, this starts to create some of the best game preparation ideas that everyone can dive in, just to find a solution to the long-communication problem. Everyone starts screaming and asking who are the squad leaders, 'cause (hellno) you have no icons on them, everybody tries to think about messenger solutions, or signal smoke grenades! 

 

Here is where the things get planned. 

Get started, participate, and you'll meet role-playing players ready to do what you are supposed to do. 

Your heart rate is probably around 70 BPM. 

2. Role-playing phase

 

In this phase things can really turn on thousands of sides. That's the most beautiful part.  You're one life, solider, and do you realize what do you mean to you? Constant fear, even if you are on your easy side. Constant looking everywhere 'cause you don't know where the enemies are. Constant use of hard covers and concealments, to get your ass safe. And, last but not least, you're thinking a lot before engaging, because if you do that, you know that the entire enemy faction will know your location and will start pushing to you in the most efficient way, 'cause SquadOps isn't for kids, those are solid players, as I already told. 

 

Here is where the things get fucked.

Get your ass in cover, offer yourself to spot the enemy and turn back, offer yourself to be the messenger in case of no comms, think about how you can help the faction and how you can submit the enemies advantages to your initiative.

 

Your heart rate is probably around 120/130BPM for the entire match length.

3. Watch-the-movie phase

Now, if you have been playing as a kid, if you have made a wrong move or, simply, if you just followed an order with good skill but not enough to be alive, you're dead. This means that you are not allowed to get on the battlefield anymore. No more lives, no more pain in the ass, no more where the fuck the enemy is

 

You are just supposed to press SHIFT+P (spectator mode activation command): and here is where the solution starts, this is one of the most beautiful ideas of Mr. Lord Karmakut: problem with one lives games is that some of you will fuck everything off, will blame and suck as soon as get nailed. But, you do have the cam, and you do are allowed to hear what the guys are saying in local: which is fantastic. 

 

You understand the importance of being under hard covers, of the tactical movement that you're Squad Leader told you a hundred of times while you were breathing deeply, and thinking "why the fuck I'm doing this, I want to play, not to be a fucking marine".

 

In the meanwhile you're having fun watching your friends and enemies going one around the other until they engage themselves or, of course, the objective is accomplished. That's awesome, the heart rate in this phase is extremely variable (it depends on how close your friends are to you), normally is around 90.

 

Final thoughts

I can add just some more suggestions, but not personal feedback or single mission feedback. There will be videos for that, and I don't want also to spoiler something that I loved to discover my first time. 

 

If you are reading this, and you didn't feel you want to join Squad Ops, please do me a favour:

  1. Call every single friend you enjoyed playing Squad with
  2. Tell him to come with you on a Squad Ops event
  3. Come here and put your feedback

If you, or one of your friends, will not enjoy playing a Squad Ops match, well you're invited in Rome, Italy and I will personally offer you a great italian pizza;

But only if you didn't like it, otherwise, write down here your thoughts.

 

With love and peace

thank you Karmakut

Doctor Snailer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DoctorSnailer said:

Squad Ops is fucking outstanding

 

Here is my feedback, played the Squad Ops HVT + Patrol Missions

 

Let's start with this, the idea is great: 

 

  • You take a group of solid squaddies who wants to play seriously
  • You allow them to use the spectator cam once they die
  • You give them one life and some restriction (coming from a real situation)
  • You give them some time to do a briefing
  • And some time to play the objective
  • You get their feedback and adjust your rules and restrictions

The thing is simple, and of course, it's fucking awesome.

If you are wondering why I'm saying it, the first thing I can tell you is "go hell play that!" .

If you are still thinking that this isn't a good idea just keep reading this feedback.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Let's start dividing the match into three parts:

  1. Preparation phase,
  2. Role-playing phase,
  3. Watch-the-movie phase.

1. Preparation phase

In this phase you have to start getting knowledge of your objectives, and, of course you start to meet your squad members and leaders. It really depends on which side you've chosen, 'cause if you'll be a US you'll notice everybody is going to organize some kind of tactic and strategy to move on. On the other side, if you're playing, let's say Insurgent Forces, you won't be able to use your comms and, of course, this starts to create some of the best game preparation ideas that everyone can dive in, just to find a solution to the long-communication problem. Everyone starts screaming and asking who are the squad leaders, 'cause (hellno) you have no icons on them, everybody tries to think about messenger solutions, or signal smoke grenades! 

 

Here is where the things get planned. 

Get started, participate, and you'll meet role-playing players ready to do what you are supposed to do. 

Your heart rate is probably around 70 BPM. 

2. Role-playing phase

 

In this phase things can really turn on thousands of sides. That's the most beautiful part.  You're one life, solider, and do you realize what do you mean to you? Constant fear, even if you are on your easy side. Constant looking everywhere 'cause you don't know where the enemies are. Constant use of hard covers and concealments, to get your ass safe. And, last but not least, you're thinking a lot before engaging, because if you do that, you know that the entire enemy faction will know your location and will start pushing to you in the most efficient way, 'cause SquadOps isn't for kids, those are solid players, as I already told. 

 

Here is where the things get fucked.

Get your ass in cover, offer yourself to spot the enemy and turn back, offer yourself to be the messenger in case of no comms, think about how you can help the faction and how you can submit the enemies advantages to your initiative.

 

Your heart rate is probably around 120/130BPM for the entire match length.

3. Watch-the-movie phase

Now, if you have been playing as a kid, if you have made a wrong move or, simply, if you just followed an order with good skill but not enough to be alive, you're dead. This means that you are not allowed to get on the battlefield anymore. No more lives, no more pain in the ass, no more where the fuck the enemy is

 

You are just supposed to press SHIFT+P (spectator mode activation command): and here is where the solution starts, this is one of the most beautiful ideas of Mr. Lord Karmakut: problem with one lives games is that some of you will fuck everything off, will blame and suck as soon as get nailed. But, you do have the cam, and you do are allowed to hear what the guys are saying in local: which is fantastic. 

 

You understand the importance of being under hard covers, of the tactical movement that you're Squad Leader told you a hundred of times while you were breathing deeply, and thinking "why the fuck I'm doing this, I want to play, not to be a fucking marine".

 

In the meanwhile you're having fun watching your friends and enemies going one around the other until they engage themselves or, of course, the objective is accomplished. That's awesome, the heart rate in this phase is extremely variable (it depends on how close your friends are to you), normally is around 90.

 

Final thoughts

I can add just some more suggestions, but not personal feedback or single mission feedback. There will be videos for that, and I don't want also to spoiler something that I loved to discover my first time. 

 

If you are reading this, and you didn't feel you want to join Squad Ops, please do me a favour:

  1. Call every single friend you enjoyed playing Squad with
  2. Tell him to come with you on a Squad Ops event
  3. Come here and put your feedback

If you, or one of your friends, will not enjoy playing a Squad Ops match, well you're invited in Rome, Italy and I will personally offer you a great italian pizza;

But only if you didn't like it, otherwise, write down here your thoughts.

 

With love and peace

thank you Karmakut

Doctor Snailer

I'm so glad you took the time to write this amazing review! I'm even more glad that you had such a blast participating in the event! Hope to see you return and maybe even with a few new members in tow ;) Thanks again Doctor Snailer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some more footage from our Night test session. Muff goes and moseys along 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a full match from a command element perspective on our Logar Night Patrol Operation! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now