Aniallator

Poll: What insurgent/militia weapon do you want to see?

What insurgent/militia weapon do you want to see?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. What insurgent/militia weapon from Project Reality do you want to see in Squad?

• AK-47/AKS-47
    • Browning Hi-Power
    • DP-28
    • FAL
    • G3-SG1
    • Lee-Enfield No. 1 Mk. III/Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk. I
    • M1911A1
    • M60
    • MAT-49
    • Mosin-Nagant M38/M1891
    • PKM
    • SKS
    • TT-33
    • Vz. 61

What insurgent/militia weapon from Project Reality do you want to see in Squad? Note that I haven't included weapons already in development by OWI. If I missed a weapon you want, state it in the comments.

I personally want to see the PKM, however the DP-28 and Vz. 61 are close seconds. The MAT-49 is also to die for... sorry, I have a thing for SMGs...

Edited by Aniallator
Removed M870, as it has been confirmed.

i like the 7,xx Calibers

So i decidet for G3 Sg1

Ak 47 would be great too

(yes know there are more 7,xx but this two are my Favorites)

Like it to need not so many bullets

Edited by Royal Deluxe

This trigger me!

You see, I'm a big shtick for authentic Militia loadouts (Why not just armies?)

You're never going to see a Syrian based fighter use a Enfield of any type, same with an Afghanistan/Khyber insurgent using an AK-10X series, or a Palastine/Hezbollah using something like a MAT-49.

I know you're not the guy I should be angry at. So I humored you and voted for the Nagant. Bolties are bloody satisfying to play with and I'm scared that the poor Nagant is going to be trounced by the more popular Enfeild rifle.

PS. You should probably take off the 870, as it's basically confirmed at this point of time.

Edited by I_hate_usernames

13 minutes ago, I_hate_usernames said:

This trigger me!

You see, I'm a big shtick for authentic Militia loadouts (Why not just armies?)

You're never going to see a Syrian based fighter use a Enfield of any type, same with an Afghanistan/Khyber insurgent using an AK-10X series, or a Palastine/Hezbollah using something like a MAT-49.

I know you're not the guy I should be angry at. So I humored you and voted for the Nagant. Bolties are bloody satisfying to play with and I'm scared that the poor Nagant is going to be trounced by the more popular Enfeild rifle.

PS. You should probably take off the 870, as it's basically confirmed at this point of time.

I listed weapons based on all the insurgent/militia factions save for Hamas, because I don't see Squad covering the Gaza conflict any time soon. So although I included Lee-Enfields and MAT-49s on the same list, I'm not saying they'd ever be seen on the same map together ;)

Do you have a source for M870 confirmation? I haven't seen anything. If that's true it'd be great, because I feel like the KS-23 would be better off as just a Militia thing. Give the Insurgents the M870.

34 minutes ago, Roger_Liquids said:

Grenade traps or land mines

I didn't list those because they're guaranteed to be in Squad, and they don't represent a specific model of weapon :)

40 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

Do you have a source for M870 confirmation? I haven't seen anything. If that's true it'd be great, because I feel like the KS-23 would be better off as just a Militia thing. Give the Insurgents the M870.

It was in one of the weapon previews during the AK bundle release, alongside smoke grenades and RKG's. I'll give it a look in my old emails.

EDIT: FOUND

Spoiler

shotgun1.jpg

Edited by I_hate_usernames

s e a r c h

and presenting such things as a poll is honestly quite disingenous and useless, the devs already have a full load on their hands and a specific roadmap for weapons...

6 hours ago, trotskygrad said:

s e a r c h

and presenting such things as a poll is honestly quite disingenous and useless, the devs already have a full load on their hands and a specific roadmap for weapons...

My, you really are quite the party pooper. If you must know, I did search for a weapons poll, and nothing came up.

And this is not a request poll, it's not a we-want-this poll, it's just a poll to see what legacy PR insurgent/militia weapons people would enjoy seeing in Squad. Take a chill pill and vote...

7 hours ago, I_hate_usernames said:

It was in one of the weapon previews during the AK bundle release, alongside smoke grenades and RKG's. I'll give it a look in my old emails.

EDIT: FOUND

Reveal hidden contents

shotgun1.jpg

Thanks, very cool! Great to see this is confirmed :)

2 hours ago, Aniallator said:

My, you really are quite the party pooper. If you must know, I did search for a weapons poll, and nothing came up.

And this is not a request poll, it's not a we-want-this poll, it's just a poll to see what legacy PR insurgent/militia weapons people would enjoy seeing in Squad. Take a chill pill and vote...

try searching for specific weapons, or checking to see which are already in game. And adding a crappier version of the AKM is honestly quite a waste of resources.

8 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

try searching for specific weapons, or checking to see which are already in game. And adding a crappier version of the AKM is honestly quite a waste of resources.

As I just pointed out, nothing came up when I searched, so if you'd like to direct me to all other polls that focus on what legacy PR insurgent/militia weapons players would enjoy seeing in Squad, please do. In any case, you're the only one complaining.

Perhaps you didn't bother to look at the poll, but I didn't include any weapons that are in-game or known to be in development, save for the M870 whoes development I was unaware of, and who I have removed from the poll.

Whether or not it makes sense to add the AK-47/AKS-47 doesn't matter, because this isn't a request thread, it's just a poll to see what PR insurgent/militia weapons players would enjoy seeing in Squad that aren't already here now.

Look, if you just want to nit-pick and having nothing to add to the topic of the thread, I'd appreciate if you stopped.

I'm surprised the Lee-Enfield is so popular! I generally stayed away from bolt-actions in PR when there were faster firing weapons available.

2 hours ago, Aniallator said:

As I just pointed out, nothing came up when I searched, so if you'd like to direct me to all other polls that focus on what legacy PR insurgent/militia weapons players would enjoy seeing in Squad, please do. In any case, you're the only one complaining.

Perhaps you didn't bother to look at the poll, but I didn't include any weapons that are in-game or known to be in development, save for the M870 whoes development I was unaware of, and who I have removed from the poll.

Whether or not it makes sense to add the AK-47/AKS-47 doesn't matter, because this isn't a request thread, it's just a poll to see what PR insurgent/militia weapons players would enjoy seeing in Squad that aren't already here now.

Look, if you just want to nit-pick and having nothing to add to the topic of the thread, I'd appreciate if you stopped.

You should consider if they make sense before adding them.

27 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

You should consider if they make sense before adding them.

I can't tell if you're trolling now, or if you genuinely don't get what I've just explained to you...

11 minutes ago, 1stLtREAPER said:

MG-42 was not on the list and is still used by countries today.

In the form of the MG 3, yes, but the MG 42 was only in PR:WW2 and IIRC the MG 3 was only used by the Germans and the MEC.

The M60? A militia/insurgent weapon? In what world is that hunk of shit a weapon that is used by any non-country faction? The thing is prone to tons of problems and requires a stupid amount of tooled maintenance, so since when do terrorist cells use them?

38 minutes ago, 1stLtREAPER said:

MG-42 was not on the list and is still used by countries today.

Not really, the MG-3 is but the MG-3 is a bit different from the MG-42. 

4 hours ago, VarenykySupreme said:

The M60? A militia/insurgent weapon? In what world is that hunk of shit a weapon that is used by any non-country faction? The thing is prone to tons of problems and requires a stupid amount of tooled maintenance, so since when do terrorist cells use them?

Not really, the MG-3 is but the MG-3 is a bit different from the MG-42. 

The M60 was used by the Militia machine gunner in PR.

PKM taking the lead, they way its supposed to be! You guys are alright.

Edited by Horizon

nasty oldschool beartraps which dont kill ppl but require someone to come and help you to get free.

and rocks to throw at "snipers" while trolling them before a shovel kill which makes a GONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG sound if aimed at the head.

U mad bro.SKS isn't sniper rifle.They doesn't even have optic mount.BF kids all around,it's makes me insane.

Edited by samogon