Aniallator

Poll: What insurgent/militia weapon do you want to see?

What insurgent/militia weapon do you want to see?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. What insurgent/militia weapon from Project Reality do you want to see in Squad?

• AK-47/AKS-47
    • Browning Hi-Power
    • DP-28
    • FAL
    • G3-SG1
    • Lee-Enfield No. 1 Mk. III/Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk. I
    • M1911A1
    • M60
    • MAT-49
    • Mosin-Nagant M38/M1891
    • PKM
    • SKS
    • TT-33
    • Vz. 61

39 minutes ago, samogon said:

U mad bro.SKS isn't sniper rifle.They doesn't even have optic mount.BF kids all around,it's makes me insane.

Pretty easy to slam an optic mount on an SKS, the gun seller in town does it for free as a part of the combo deal.

7 minutes ago, I_hate_usernames said:

Pretty easy to slam an optic mount on an SKS, the gun seller in town does it for free as a part of the combo deal.

Militia

Gun seller

Militia.

Really?

Ok,even if so:

1)SKS have 7.62x39 rounds,which is slow and have pretty arcuate trajectory

2)Ammo capacity is only 10 rounds,they're reloading by clips on top.Optics simply block this.Also accuracy doesn't guarantee with this method.

2584997.jpg

3)Modernisation will costs more that just find anything else on this role,with proper ammo.Even Mosin with PU worth better as Sniper rifle.

It's a $50 scope mount that doesn't even need a workshop in order to attach and remove. It'd be well within the scope of a Khyber style workshop.

Most scopes can actually fit on it quite comfortably too.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, I'm just saying that the SKS is a bit more Customizable and versatile than one would think.

I'm kind of surprised no one's gone for the Vz. 61. I mean, that thing's pretty sh*t as guns go, but it's just so fun to use.

2 hours ago, I_hate_usernames said:

It's a $50 scope mount that doesn't even need a workshop in order to attach and remove. It'd be well within the scope of a Khyber style workshop.

Most scopes can actually fit on it quite comfortably too.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, I'm just saying that the SKS is a bit more Customizable and versatile than one would think.

SKS good for hunting,but combat shooting isn't really good idea for it.

Without sight it's was more or less comfortable,but it was 50'is,many countires have waaay much diffirent opinion about weapons.

yeah a scope is usually for hunting. Could see it as being a alt kit though for rifleman role, though imo it's just bad vibes cuz people would think it's a "sniper rifle"

Just now, CMBelite-FR said:

Famas

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Not used by Militia/Insurgents in PR.

12 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

Not used by Militia/Insurgents in PR.

Taliban%2BFrench.jpg

on-august-18-french-soldiers-on-a-patrol

Looted from the Uzbin Valley Ambush

Would be cool if Operation Septentrion was added to the game, coalition retaliation against the attack. Ins Squad Leaders could have looted French Equipment on the map.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Septentrion

Edited by Fourkillmaster

Just now, Royal Deluxe said:

is SKS not a hunting Rifle ?

The Simonov SKS was designed during WW2, and was made the Red Army's standard service rifle a few years later. It was only in use for a few years, however, because this guy named Kalashnikov made this awesome gun that fired as many rounds as you wanted if you held the trigger down :)

ahh, ok thx

Had in my Head that SKS was designed as Hunting rifle, maybe it is only used as it after Army has no more need.

Edited by Royal Deluxe

1 minute ago, Fourkillmaster said:

As I said, not used by the Militia/Insurgents in PR. Nor is it used by insurgents IRL, save for the microscopically rare instances like the Uzbin valley ambush, where they were captured from French forces. They only captured like six, anyway.

21 minutes ago, Royal Deluxe said:

is SKS not a hunting Rifle ?

In times,when AK was top-secret gun it stay together with a AK at rifleman role.

1328720020_3.jpg

But successfully adopted to hunting purposes.

14 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

The Simonov SKS was designed during WW2, and was made the Red Army's standard service rifle a few years later. It was only in use for a few years, however, because this guy named Kalashnikov made this awesome gun that fired as many rounds as you wanted if you held the trigger down :)

Naah,first AK was expencive to produce and also weight a lot.Thats why SKS been created.

AKM was simplified and technology process been optimised,which allows mass production of AKMs,in addition - they been 1kilo lighter.SKS wasn't nessesary anymore.

Edited by samogon

1 hour ago, samogon said:

In times,when AK was top-secret gun it stay together with a AK at rifleman role.

1328720020_3.jpg

But successfully adopted to hunting purposes.

Naah,first AK was expencive to produce and also weight a lot.Thats why SKS been created.

AKM was simplified and technology process been optimised,which allows mass production of AKMs,in addition - they been 1kilo lighter.SKS wasn't nessesary anymore.

I assure you, the SKS came before the AK. Some SKS' were battle-tested against the Germans in 1945.

7 hours ago, Aniallator said:

I assure you, the SKS came before the AK. Some SKS' were battle-tested against the Germans in 1945.

Test series,as prototype.Mass production started in 1949.In same time with AK.

On 5/4/2016 at 8:09 PM, Aniallator said:

The M60 was used by the Militia machine gunner in PR.

It was, but that doesn't mean it should reappear as the militia's machine gun in Squad. It was a bad choice in PR and it'd be a bad choice in Squad. It would be a cool gun for maps set in older times but to put it in any of the current factions' inventories would be stupid.

19 hours ago, I_hate_usernames said:

While we're on the MG42 hype train...

M53 for Militia!

The M53 would be cool to see for Militia, but right now I think adding the PKM would be a better choice as it would be a weapon that can be used by Militia, Insurgents, and Russians (even if as a stand in for Russia while waiting for the PKP).

16 hours ago, samogon said:

U mad bro.SKS isn't sniper rifle.They doesn't even have optic mount.BF kids all around,it's makes me insane.

But dude BF3 said it could and it also had a really cool Crapco stock and it was Yugoslavian so it was used to Remove Kebab XD!

15 minutes ago, VarenykySupreme said:

But dude BF3 said it could and it also had a really cool Crapco stock and it was Yugoslavian so it was used to Remove Kebab XD!

As unscoped rifle.

SKS mods are diffirent thing.They able to fully change weapon.Even add AK mags feeding.

Like this.This is same weapon,but...

ckub600.jpg

1493874.jpg

Edited by samogon

10 hours ago, Fourkillmaster said:

~snip~

Just cos some guys looted a meagre number of guns from the middle of nowhere doesn't make it representative of the combat there, let alone of the entire Middle Eastern Theatre.

It's like saying that we should chuck F2000s or AK-103-2 in any map depicting the militias in Africa simply cos they were found in small numbers in Libya, or asking for the entire plethora of stuff just cos Syria.

56 minutes ago, Blackout330 said:

Just cos some guys looted a meagre number of guns from the middle of nowhere doesn't make it representative of the combat there, let alone of the entire Middle Eastern Theatre.

It's like saying that we should chuck F2000s or AK-103-2 in any map depicting the militias in Africa simply cos they were found in small numbers in Libya, or asking for the entire plethora of stuff just cos Syria.

If the map takes place in a combat zone where the weapons were featured I see no reason that it wouldn't be considered authentic. Every insurgent wouldn't be running around with a captured weapon. As the poster above stated only around 6 were captured, how many squad leaders are there usually on an INS Map 4 maybe 5? Sounds about right to me.

2 hours ago, Fourkillmaster said:

If the map takes place in a combat zone where the weapons were featured I see no reason that it wouldn't be considered authentic. Every insurgent wouldn't be running around with a captured weapon. As the poster above stated only around 6 were captured, how many squad leaders are there usually on an INS Map 4 maybe 5? Sounds about right to me.

You gotta know there are way more than 45 insurgents in the Middle East. If a large number of soldiers by the '00s have to share 6 FAMAS and the odd M203, how many would you expect in a rag-tag team of 36-45?

I'm all for map-specific loadouts like how there's a map in Rising Storm where the US troops don't get Garands cos time-frame, but I'm against adding novelty captured weapons simply because it grossly exaggerates that weapon's distribution. It hurts the "immersion" more than giving the Militia access to an AC-130.

6 hours ago, samogon said:

Test series,as prototype.Mass production started in 1949.In same time with AK.

Regardless, it still came before the AK. You stated it was created as a result of the first AK being pricey and weighing a lot, but that's not true, as they began creating the SKS in 1943. IIRC the AKM was adopted in the '50s, but the SKS had long begun phasing out by then, so the SKS was not the standard service rifle before the AKM succeeded the AK-47.

5 hours ago, VarenykySupreme said:

It was, but that doesn't mean it should reappear as the militia's machine gun in Squad. It was a bad choice in PR and it'd be a bad choice in Squad. It would be a cool gun for maps set in older times but to put it in any of the current factions' inventories would be stupid.

Well I agree, but it doesn't matter, because this poll is about what legacy PR Militia/Insurgent weapons people would enjoy seeing in Squad. It's not a suggestion thread.

maps before weapons please.I'd be happy with a stick that I can point at people as long as they fall over when I click the button.

More maps = longer interest in game. Bring on the custom content :) 

Weapons can be limited to rock-paper-scissors thinking with some blurred lines in between. Gameplay is everything.