TraxxasBoy520

Squad on consoles (ps4 and xbox one)

On 5/2/2016 at 9:52 PM, TraxxasBoy520 said:

They are pc, i took apart my ps4 and pc. Guess what, same hardware, same hardrive. If they not pc, how we get Internet browsers...

If they have the same hardware, then you're fucked anyway.

AMD.

Although I guess you could still sell that POS, buy new, better hardware for your PC, then get Squad after v6 has released.

Buy yourself a proper gaming platform: PC, and join us. But for the love of God please don't buy yourself cheap AMD 24 cores 8.6ghz, you won't be able to run Tetris let alone Squad.

PC master race checking in.

On 23/05/2016 at 9:13 AM, ZXD_Lee said:

It wouldn't be squad and it will only be made to make money!! Maybe call it squad arcade in 720p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost thought you said Call of Squad :)

is it possible?

in terms of hardware Yes it is

in terms of Controls yes it is (i got the whole Squad game to work on a Steam controller without issues with button input left unused)

the question is if they can get a publisher to support Squad after they release it on pc and if they want to do it.

those last two things are THE only thing keeping them from doing it. 

On 5/2/2016 at 3:47 AM, TraxxasBoy520 said:

I really want try this game on pc, but my pc doesn't have graphics card and other stuff.

Then buy it.

Will squad will be on consoles. I heard theres some games have huge maps. 

Consoles ruined Battlefield. Battlefield series transformed from being Battlefield to being Call of Duty for cattle-heads with vehicles on the field.

I call it Cattlefield or Consolefield nowadays. Battlefield hardline/4 is nothing like True Battlefield games(1942/2).

I hope at some point of time DICE will release battlefield on consoles only and OWI will never port Squad to consoles, it will ruin the game.

Yes, consoles are pc too. 

With that kind of logic you could say tamagotchi is a PC too.

In the recent twitch ama with the Dev's, they said they would port a rough version of Squad to console and see where to go from there... Of course waaaay down the developmental pipeline. 

For everyone that thinks Xbox one is not a PC, you're fuckin stupid. Sorry to say it but it's true, if I took the case off of my xbox one put on a computer case, pulled up gta v for someone to play with them not knowing it's not a PC u wouldn't know the difference other than the controller. I simply don't see how consoles can't handle a game like squad. Let's make a comparison here. GTA V has a huge map. Squad has a medium sized map not huge not big but not small, gta v, has cars that u can buy and mod, guns that u can add attachments to, big apartments that u can decorate, yachts that u can decorate, so on and so fourth. This is only in a gta online open session not including hiests or missions or races. Then u take squad, it has small stuff that u can build, weapons that u can add attachments too, big teams, cool speak walkie talkie sound effect, and that's really about it. Now everything else that squad has gta has. Now let's take a scale, put online session of gta on one side, and squad online session on another, now which side would be heavier. Let's just say it would look very oubvious. 

5 minutes ago, Justin0715 said:

For everyone that thinks Xbox one is not a PC, you're fuckin stupid. Sorry to say it but it's true, if I took the case off of my xbox one put on a computer case, pulled up gta v for someone to play with them not knowing it's not a PC u wouldn't know the difference other than the controller. I simply don't see how consoles can't handle a game like squad. Let's make a comparison here. GTA V has a huge map. Squad has a medium sized map not huge not big but not small, gta v, has cars that u can buy and mod, guns that u can add attachments to, big apartments that u can decorate, yachts that u can decorate, so on and so fourth. This is only in a gta online open session not including hiests or missions or races. Then u take squad, it has small stuff that u can build, weapons that u can add attachments too, big teams, cool speak walkie talkie sound effect, and that's really about it. Now everything else that squad has gta has. Now let's take a scale, put online session of gta on one side, and squad online session on another, now which side would be heavier. Let's just say it would look very oubvious. 

Dude, are you seriously comparing GTA and Squad? A console game to a PC game? You honestly don't see why a Xbox One can't run squad, yet we have guys on here that have monster PC rigs that can hardly get any higher than 70 frames on max settings? 

I play GTA on the Xbox One, and Squad on the PC on a daily basis. There are multiple reasons that squad shouldn't (and couldn't) be on the Console, not just performance. 

There is no point for a debate here. Do I think the console community deserves a milsim fps game? Hell yeah I do. But Squad isn't that game. 

Edited by LMR Sahara

I don't doubt that the devs could squeeze Squad onto console hardware if they wanted to, but the simple truth is that games like this have never been able to find a market in the console space and Squad isn't going to change that.

I highly doubt they would dedicate time and resources to what would most certainly be a commercial flop when their efforts would be better spent adding more content to the PC version which will sell like crazy once we are at the point where free weekends are a thing. 

3 hours ago, Justin0715 said:

For everyone that [...] you're fuckin stupid. [...]

You need to change your attitude towards one that fits the forum rules.

If you keep on trolling/baiting like that, this is not gonna last very long.

Section I: Posting Rules

§1 Show Respect
This community can only work if we all respect each other. To that end, it is imperative that any time you engage with another user, either directly or indirectly, you show them respect with the content of your post. In particular refrain from flaming, insulting, abusing, taunting, and other similar types of actions towards other forum users.

§2 Attitude & Behavior
Poor attitude and behavior are the most common ways a negative / unsafe environment is created and perpetuated. As such that kind of behavior will not be allowed on these forums. Please be mindful of this rule when posting personal positions and opinions regarding topics which could be considered contentious in nature. As a rule of thumb, keep your posts civil in nature, and refrain from making posts that are likely to incite arguments and create a negative environment. As a privately hosted web forum we reserve the right to maintain an environment that we are happy the majority of our players are comfortable with.

30 minutes ago, Zhenya said:

If this is true, I think I'd stop playing Squad

Same, I just don't see why ( oh yes, money ? ) and how Squad could be ported to consoles.

i'm a huge xbox 1 supporter and yes i play squad a ton on my pc but the fact that so many games have been just complete crap for the consoles i find it hard to see that the market wouldn't be there for squad and also i've seen a lot of other alpha games making it onto the consoles so that's just proof that it can be done. i dont like that fact that people are just saying that no you shouldn't do it just because they don't want to see it happen. this isn't a good argument now i have read a few good points on here and yes i agree right now squad would kill a console and the crashing would always happen to the game but that isn't to say that better consoles aren't coming out. this game in my opinion has a huge market and chance. as to saying that console players have no teamwork is also false and if it were to be true then you would never see tourneys for games using consoles.

I don't think this is an issue that the community's wishes will have any impact on. I'd say it's not even a market question. There may or may not be a market for it, but the dev team in it's current form is probably not big enough to pull off a console version. Console development is a really restrictive environment. You have to work with fix specs, what would be nice, as you won't get people complaining about how their PC can't handle the game, but this also means you are developing on years old hardware. Not only is your performance limited, but you also run into problems regarding the code you have to write. You'll need different shaders, often different memory management, and in general you have access to a limited framework, instead of multiple choices on the PC. In SQUAD terms, they would might have to switch to entirely different libraries, if they use anything not console compatible, dumb down the graphics big time, which means new textures new models, new shaders, new effects, new audio system (AMD CPUs). Not to mention that the console owners like their monopoly on their own gaming platform, so anything you want to do is not particularly developer centred. They'll get money from your sales, and they might try to tell you what to do and what not to do. All of the above means extra work, longer development time and the game is not even playable yet. Even if all the technical stuff is fixed, you are a long way out. You'd need to translate a lot of game play features too. Figure out how to map everything to a console controller in a sensible way, create a whole new UI for the console version, and even consider extra game mechanics like aim-assist. And once you done with all of the above, you have to maintain what you made and create the appropriate stuff for each patch, update or expansion you release.

If you ever played a shitty PC port you can get a feel for it. Those are usually made by AAA companies with huge budgets, who can't get time or money to make the PC version playable. Consoles being the more restrictive environment, I'd guess it's easier to port from console to PC and most companies fall flat even on that. Now imagine doing it the other way around...

Edited by Aleon

So... It's 2018, have anything changed? A port on the horizon? If we can skip all the PC master race answers, I do own a PC, it's probably faster than yours, but I also own the X1S, X1X and PS4, and would love squad on either of them, a kickstarter maybe, love to hear from the dev team... :)

Xbox and ps4 doesn't have much power on cpu to handle squad with good performance by now. Just see what's going on with pubg on console.

22 minutes ago, jindivik said:

So... It's 2018, have anything changed? A port on the horizon? If we can skip all the PC master race answers, I do own a PC, it's probably faster than yours, but I also own the X1S, X1X and PS4, and would love squad on either of them, a kickstarter maybe, love to hear from the dev team... :)

If you already have a PC faster than my 8700k @ 5ghz + 1080ti why even bother with Squad on console when the game is primarily based around keyboard & mouse, needs good communication and  when the game doesn't currently support Xbox headsets microphone. I don't believe there is enough console players truly interested in the niche style of play Squad provides to make it worthwhile experience. That's not being all PC master race like as I also own a PS4 (gathering dust after Last of Us).

20 hours ago, jindivik said:

We'd love to see Squad on more platforms, but we're definitely not done making the game yet. While anything could happen, we want to nail the 1.0 release before we launch on Ti-83.

Of course, hearing about the interest definitely helps. =)

(As far as best platforms... the one you enjoy gaming the most on is probably the best!)

GOD NO. I've played games which were cross-platform and the console population is always outright CANCER with a few exceptions.

Imagine having to aim at enemies 300m away and trying to hit them with an analog stick. Imagine controlling the recoil. 

Those are the small issues though. Most people on consoles don't use mic, I know because I play online on consoles since 2010. Consoles are for simple people with simple needs, and Squad is not for simple people, it is for a very specific group of people.

On 1/11/2018 at 6:29 PM, Luko said:

GOD NO. I've played games which were cross-platform and the console population is always outright CANCER with a few exceptions.

Heh, but somebody has to do it right eventually!

Edit: Er, wait, that was Rocket League... also an Unreal Engine game, I believe!