Zeno965

Modding Helpdesk

Hi all,

SquadSDK(full)

Problem: won't build lighting. the option to Build Lighting Only is greyed -out. "Build" only appears to build Navigation stuff.

I have a Light Importance Volume enclosing my entire map, a Directional light and Atmospheric Fog.

The Docs are no help.

I looked this up on Google and somebody reported their "UnrealLightmass.exe" was missing *(non-SquadSDK user)*. they replaced it and all was well - they could Build lighting again.

I tried this adding it to the SquadSDK version (copied-pasted into its folder structure) but it did nothing.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

.LJ

Edited by LaughingJack

@DanielNL : apparently it has to do some shader'ing things first-run.

what i'd like to know is why it "hangs" at 71%, every time i run it?

and, does anybody else get the editor hanging on "Undo" commands? mine does most "sessions" and can stall for up to 10 seconds or so - each Undo command.

On 10/07/2016 at 3:50 PM, LaughingJack said:

Hi all,

SquadSDK(full)

Problem: won't build lighting. the option to Build Lighting Only is greyed -out. "Build" only appears to build Navigation stuff.

I have a Light Importance Volume enclosing my entire map, a Directional light and Atmospheric Fog.

The Docs are no help.

I looked this up on Google and somebody reported their "UnrealLightmass.exe" was missing *(non-SquadSDK user)*. they replaced it and all was well - they could Build lighting again.

I tried this adding it to the SquadSDK version (copied-pasted into its folder structure) but it did nothing.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

.LJ

anyone??

On 10.7.2016 at 7:50 AM, LaughingJack said:

Hi all,

SquadSDK(full)

The Docs are no help.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

.LJ

In Squad, the lighting isnt baked. You should set your lightsource and skylight to moveable, and remove your light importance volume

Igno, you're awesome, mate! i had no idea :) i will make those adjustments (kinda glad we don't have to calc the lighting, actually ;) ).

Again, thankyou very much.

Cheers!

.LJ

No problem mate! I too tried to bake my lighting in large terrain a year ago when I started learning ue4. The editor just kept crashing on running out of RAM :P

19 hours ago, Igno said:

No problem mate! I too tried to bake my lighting in large terrain a year ago when I started learning ue4. The editor just kept crashing on running out of RAM :P

Heheh! . . . Oopsy!

;)

Hello all!  I am trying to tear apart the current inventory system and replace it with one made by me.  I assume that currently the inventory system is not using blueprints, and mine would be.  Anyone have any suggestions on where to start... or where to even find the current inventory system?

Yes.Get on Discord where there`s a miriad of other modders helping each other.

LADDERS: dimensional constraints and/or collision requirements.

Could one of the Devs post the relevant dimensional constraints for creating a "ladder" that will work with the game and character animations, please?

Or, are we able to modify (re-model/adjust) the current Ladder asset and have it still work correctly?

I have posted pics in the "WIP" thread of building objects i have made that have stairs (i have made them 200mmx200mm(step) and they appear to work properly) but also a couple have "Re-Bar Rung" ladders, which i would like to act as ladders. >

Cheers!

.LJ

ps: please do not direct me to Discord, thanks.

Edited by LaughingJack

@Aloysius

every start it will hang at 71% for 1 minute before continuing. its fine, its just thinking.

although you have prolly already worked this out by just being patient, i hope.

Edited by LaughingJack

having an issue with leaking light through polygons, from the main (movable) light source. the rafters and framework are receiving light when they should not.

>

JO_Asset_CI_Hanger1_light leaking_1

>

i have gone through many posts and docs about leaking light, and i have tried everything to do with the "shadows" stuff. i have also narrowed it down to the Directional Light as the problem (settings at right). i have basically copied the settings from Jensen's Range for the directional light, sky sphere and sky light. 

i have another building (timber) that has the same problem - same roof type.

my other (concrete) buildings are not having the same problem - although they did/do whilst the directional light was at full power.

so how do you stop light being cast through polygons that are supposed to be solid?

* i also had a problem with popping through the walls from inside if i ran and jumped at them. to fix this i had to go back into lightwave and make the polys for the corrugated iron "two-sided" so they have a normal on both sides and did the same for the windows, so all the roof/wall polys are physically two-sided. * UE4 "double sided geometry" did nothing. after that i could not jump through the walls. *

any help is much appreciated

Cheers!

.LJ

Edited by LaughingJack

On 9/29/2016 at 10:52 PM, LaughingJack said:

having an issue with leaking light through polygons, from the main (movable) light source. the rafters and framework are receiving light when they should not.

>

JO_Asset_CI_Hanger1_light leaking_1

>

i have gone through many posts and docs about leaking light, and i have tried everything to do with the "shadows" stuff. i have also narrowed it down to the Directional Light as the problem (settings at right). i have basically copied the settings from Jensen's Range for the directional light, sky sphere and sky light. 

i have another building (timber) that has the same problem - same roof type.

my other (concrete) buildings are not having the same problem - although they did/do whilst the directional light was at full power.

so how do you stop light being cast through polygons that are supposed to be solid?

* i also had a problem with popping through the walls from inside if i ran and jumped at them. to fix this i had to go back into lightwave and make the polys for the corrugated iron "two-sided" so they have a normal on both sides and did the same for the windows, so all the roof/wall polys are physically two-sided. * UE4 "double sided geometry" did nothing. after that i could not jump through the walls. *

any help is much appreciated

Cheers!

.LJ

while I have no idea about the second problem, have you looked into the material being used for the roof?

hey @The Flash,

thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

i so haven't had time to get back to this lately, which sux! but, as for the Material, it is one of the standard Squad Materials and is 'double-sided' (or whatever it's called).

it appears to be an issue with the way UE4 currently works - the whole light bleeding through polygons thing (aka. light shining through terrain) - a known bug.

the only option i have left to try, at some point i can find the time, to get around the problem is by making a second Roof Skin and scaling and placing it inside the original to make a Double-Skinned roof - hoping that this will fix it, otherwise myself, and others, will have to wait until Epic fix it.

Hello i'm quite new to this game and I like it. I have worked with previous Unreal tools and made maps for various games and now got interested in the tools for Squad.
I have some questions about the folders and path where I save my project. As for now it seems to save it in the games maps folder. I dont think this is correct. I could not find any topic on this. Is there a user content folder ? Can someone shines a light on that ?

Hi Drecks,

in the editor - saving each map and all it's bits'n'pieces in a <your map name> folder, inside the "Maps" folder within the Contents structure, is the norm.

ie: Content/Maps/<YourMap named folder>/YourMaps' stuff.  -(assuming i got that all round the right way)

@IrOnTaXi can confirm this i'm sure.

I have errors when run Squad Editor. I have reinstalled and verified SquadEditor, but I still get these errors:

• Error /Game/Particles/Materials/MasterMaterials/M_FX_Master_Flip_PerVertNonDir : Can't find file for asset. /Game/Developers/oxygencube/Lighting_FX/T_Explosion_SubUV
  • Info Failed to load /Game/Developers/oxygencube/Lighting_FX/T_Explosion_SubUV.T_Explosion_SubUV Referenced by MaterialExpressionParticleSubUV_0
  • Info Failed to load /Game/Soldiers/BP_Soldier.BP_Soldier_C Referenced by CharacterMesh0
  • Error /Game/Particles/Materials/MasterMaterials/M_FX_Master_Flip_VolNonDir : Can't find file for asset. /Game/Developers/oxygencube/Lighting_FX/T_Explosion_SubUV
  • Error /Game/Environments/PhysicalMaterials/PhysMat_Cushion : Can't find file for asset. /Game/Developers/kory/BP_SmallShockwave
  • Error /Game/Particles/Materials/MasterMaterials/M_FX_Master_Flip_PerVertDir : Can't find file for asset. /Game/Developers/oxygencube/Lighting_FX/T_Explosion_SubUV
  • Info Failed to load /Game/Developers/kory/BP_SmallShockwave.BP_SmallShockwave_C Referenced by PhysMat_Cushion

6 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

Hi Drecks,

in the editor - saving each map and all it's bits'n'pieces in a <your map name> folder, inside the "Maps" folder within the Contents structure, is the norm.

ie: Content/Maps/<YourMap named folder>/YourMaps' stuff.  -(assuming i got that all round the right way)

@IrOnTaXi can confirm this i'm sure.

Thanks, thats what I dod. The video tutorial series posted yesterday cleared that one out. Thanks again.

@Drecks: cool :)

@Jack-Jack:  some errors like that have come up since the first iteration of the SDK - each update to it has had changes to these errors. The errors are only for missing assets that the Dev(s) have not fully included for some reason, hence missing only parts of some assets.

These look to be the work of @oxygencube (his name in the error string), who is the lighting guy, amongst other things i imagine. Give him a ping if things still worry you.

Edited by LaughingJack

im playing around with making an AI, and saw that theres a "botpawn" template in there. I cant get a navmesh working though. if I load the main menu level and drag a navmesh into there it works, but when I drag a navmesh into logarvalley_AASv1, and press P to activate it, it doesnt turn green. =(

edit: the navmesh works in jensens training camp so that will do for my purposes. 

Edited by greekish

My vehicles drives on top of the water instead of in the water. I use the waterplany muddy mediam speed.

water.jpg

The spline in the Gorodok rivers uses a collsion profile name with  multiple values for collision for the river and in the editor in that map the vehicles there drives in the water. In my map the collsion profile name is none.

col.jpg

Anyone knows where to set the collision value for my splines ?
When I try the SM_env_river used in Gorodok it ends up only visible under the terrain.

solved.jpg

Edited by Drecks