Zeno965

Modding General Discussion

27 posts in this topic
On 12/21/2016 at 3:26 AM, Hybrid said:

Are there any plans to incorporate some of the total conversion content that's being developed? I know they're accepting community content such as the Kokan remake, but what about the larger things? Entire factions and time periods?

Is it possible that mods like Fallen Heroes, Post Scriptum, or Escalation:1985 will be merged? Kind of like Vietnam assets from Project Reality.

I just feel like that diversity would add so much, without splitting the community. I can't ever seem to find a PR:WWII server these days...

I think some of those projects aim to be standalone in the future. I believe it was IronTaxi during a stream said that if they could they would love to have Squad be a launching point of sorts for great mods becoming their own games...but it's not concrete but think Red Orchestra =)

19 hours ago, The Flash said:

I think some of those projects aim to be standalone in the future. I believe it was IronTaxi during a stream said that if they could they would love to have Squad be a launching point of sorts for great mods becoming their own games...but it's not concrete but think Red Orchestra =)

Squad is the best milsim platform, I believe. It takes the best parts of an ArmA milsim community, and let's you just join a server instead of having to be a part of a community that's almost a serious as having a job. To take squad and give it many factions and wars in the last century would be ideal. The ultimate battle experience across many eras? It almost seems like a no-brainer to me. I worry that all the standalone mods just wouldn't have enough players. Only time will tell, but I doubt I'm the only one who gets a little wet at that idea. I'm sure some of the OWI devs would agree with me as well! But Pre-Alpha might be a bit too soon to speculate. Ahhhhh