Sign in to follow this  
Aniallator

Head bob and sighting zoom

1. When running, your head doesn't really move at all. It feels like you're a camera that's panning. Increase head bob when running. I'd even increase head bob fractionally when walking, then up further for when running.

2. IRL when sighting a weapon your head leans in toward the sight some. When you sight in Squad, it's like you're just holding the weapon up in front of your face. Increase the zoom some, perhaps to around half the value of the zoom that results from holding your breath. ATM you feel about ten miles away from the foresight.

Just because zoom is a popular topic does not mean it shouldn't be brought up, so I saw fit to mention my opinion on zoom as well as a suggestion for head bob when running. Just because you see zoom brought up "again" doesn't mean it deserves to be dissed, especially when it is not the focus of the topic, so please reply considering that.

Edited by Aniallator

In addition to head bob, I'd also say make turning slower when running. Again, ATM running feels like a camera panning.

I know it's not realistic but I would vote no for head bob. I always disable this in arma. It's annoying for the gameplay.

Just now, andreher said:

I know it's not realistic but I would vote no for head bob. I always disable this in arma. It's annoying for the gameplay.

You don't mind the camera panning effect? It just feels fake, annoys the hell out of me.

8 hours ago, Aniallator said:

You don't mind the camera panning effect? It just feels fake, annoys the hell out of me.

Well, it's a game based on huge maps, where you are running almost the entire time, so I don't think its a good idea to punish players for running. 

It will get old fast and will be just something to make the gameplay worse. I bet that a big reason to the 3rd person view be so popular in arma franchise is due excessive headbob.

Edited by andreher

3 minutes ago, andreher said:

Well, it's a game based on huge maps, where you are running almost the entire time, so I don't think its a good idea to punish players for running. 

It will get old fast and will be just something to make the gameplay worse. I bet that a big reason to the 3rd person view be so popular in arma franchise is due excessive headbob.

TBH it doesn't have to be a lot, just any bit more than it is now.