Sonny

Medic inventory suggestion

Separate bag from patches?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Separate bag from patches?

• Yay
    • Nay

Hey, not sure if such a topic exists, couldnt find one with the search engine, but here it is:

Wouldn't it be more practical to separate the inventory slots of the bandage and medi-bag (like one is 5, the other is 6). It would, imo, improve the work of our field docs by making the selection, swap easier and faster, rather than using the mouse wheel or double tapping the 5 key? Feel free to hate or love. 

It's very easy to get used to this selection system, to a point where you basically don't make mistakes at all.

With that in mind, I would still like to see this handled differently than it is right now.

You could say the same for medic binos/shovel. I do use the bandage/medipack more but it's the same principle. I am a button selection kind of guy and find it works fine for me just the slow swap when you pull out the wrong item is a bit frustrating.

I wish there was a fast swap to pistol for those moment when that enemy rounds the corner though.

believe it or not , the medic used to have two diff buttons for bandage and medkit.

just get use to it .. it's not that difficult.  + the game is still on early access / alpha so it can change.

I can relate to the OP's suggestion.

When following my squad, I often try to predict which of the 2 kits to have ready, when I'll hit the 5-key.

Ususally, I still have to switch to other kit, ofcourse. 9_9

But the point is, that I loose precious time while doing so....often when prone, with bullets zipping over my head.

Binocs/shovel isn't an issue, as these kits are for less urgent situations.

Binocs and shovel are things you select when simply walking around/building fobs. There are no fast reactions required there so I did not even mention them. It's just the time lost while under fire that counts for me. I know the game has a long way ahead to improve, I just hope that the inventory is part of that improvement process :)

This is an example of where I'd like to see generous keyboard customization; for example, being able to bind the bag to 5 and patches to 6, or binding both to 5 and pressing 5 once or twice, equips the bag and patches respectively.

43 minutes ago, Andy_Pipkin said:

They are when you need to hurriedly build up the defenses again in insurgency mode.

Single tap bandage, double tap medi pack? Sound like a solution?

2 minutes ago, Asus53 said:

I want to see the EpiPens again :x

This. 

Yes please, separate them. It's very annoying to wait for the animation until you pick what you want. :(  

I don't know whats the point in putting them in the same button.... Help a person with very little fingers that can't reach 6?

Edited by andreher

The primary reason was so that similar functions (bandage, shovel, etc) were kept on the same buttons regardless of the kit.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

No one has to wait for the animation.  Use the scroll wheel to highlight what you want then press the left mouse button.  Instantly brings it up without having the wait for the animation to cycle.

I have a much better idea posted somewhere else:

As you cann trigger between auto-fire and single shot by middle mouse click, I would prefer to trigger between bandages and medipack as well [also for binoculars  and shovel]

19 hours ago, Iron said:

No one has to wait for the animation.  Use the scroll wheel to highlight what you want then press the left mouse button.  Instantly brings it up without having the wait for the animation to cycle.

That's horrible to todo in the middle of the firefight. It's very clunky and remeber arma's scroll wheel menus. Why bring this to squad when we have 104 keys in our keyboard?

Edited by andreher

1 hour ago, Barbarossa said:

I have a much better idea posted somewhere else:

As you cann trigger between auto-fire and single shot by middle mouse click, I would prefer to trigger between bandages and medipack as well [also for binoculars  and shovel]

You have to set a new button to trigger between bandages and medipack, so you would have 2 buttons anyway. lets say 5 to select bandage/med and "P" to trigger the switch. 

Wouldnt it be easier to 5 be the bandage and "P" be the medikit already?

Sorry but I think your solution is not good.

1 hour ago, andreher said:

You have to set a new button to trigger between bandages and medipack, so you would have 2 buttons anyway. lets say 5 to select bandage/med and "P" to trigger the switch. 

Wouldnt it be easier to 5 be the bandage and "P" be the medikit already?

Sorry but I think your solution is not good.

how do you switch between full-automatic and semiburst mode? only by middlemouse. if this would switch between both "6 button" items no need to find the right number on keyboard fast. just one little trigger.... think about it. Maybe both. But the more items/weapons you have above asdf, the more possibilities of misclicking is there

On 25. 4. 2016 at 3:09 PM, Major Trouble said:

They are when you need to hurriedly build up the defenses again in insurgency mode.

Single tap bandage, double tap medi pack? Sound like a solution?

I  think It's counterintuitive, I can't seem to remember any fps game where you would select a different item by double-tapping. Now, the system we currently use has been used for a long time, that's why everyone instantly understands how it works.

On 25. 4. 2016 at 2:22 PM, Andy_Pipkin said:

I can relate to the OP's suggestion.

When following my squad, I often try to predict which of the 2 kits to have ready, when I'll hit the 5-key.

Ususally, I still have to switch to other kit, ofcourse. 9_9

But the point is, that I loose precious time while doing so....often when prone, with bullets zipping over my head.

Always have the bandages selected and you can't go wrong. You never need to use the medic bag in a hurry, it's always bandages first.

Edited by MultiSquid

1 hour ago, Barbarossa said:

how do you switch between full-automatic and semiburst mode? only by middlemouse. if this would switch between both "6 button" items no need to find the right number on keyboard fast. just one little trigger.... think about it. Maybe both. But the more items/weapons you have above asdf, the more possibilities of misclicking is there

So, what you are saying is use the same button that switch fire modes to switch the itens too? So Everytime i want to switch to my med kit I will put my weapon on automatic by mistake?