Sign in to follow this  
rulie

Delta Force, BHD, Joint Operations map, model, ss & videos appreciation thread

Alrighty, i'll kick things off then. This was my first working 1200 map. That is the max amount of decorations, buildings and foliage group combinations the engine could handle.

It took me eight months to make and test in 2009. Originally designed as a jungle sniper duel map. It's a complete waste of time to play though...no one seems to be able to find anyone else to shoot at in the darn thing! :D

I hope it inspires some Squad mappers, i should do a remake of it for Squad. We'll see.

Hi Everyone,

Since there seems to be quite a few Ex-Novalogic (JO etc.) players around here, Rulie suggested we start a Joint Operations Appreciation Thread, covering all titles and mods from Typhoon Rising (TR) through to the International Conflic (IC,IC2, ICE,TIC) series of mods.

So I did.

Pretty much this will just be a place to chat and post stuffs about the games and how much we loved them - and how many games have come and gone since that pale in comparison.

Cheers!

Edited by LaughingJack

to start the ball rolling: from my JO album on Flickr.

Hey Rulie!  Heres the screenies for you >

blackrockbeach2_from the Rock

theres more in that album - check em out!

Edited by LaughingJack
c'z

lol, damn bro i just started one too!! Sorry mods can you please merge!

^^^ SS! 303 posts for LJ!! :D

wow, did we really just start the same topic 60 seconds apart? Bloody hell that's crazy! Don't know if you got that reply LJ, my PM box is full. Give me 5 mins to delete some messages mate.

rogoor! ;)

all good.

for the record, i have in my collection:

73 maps made by the community (ie: non-stock)

&

51 maps ( 23 maps + variants) of my own making

Edited by LaughingJack

59 minutes ago, ChanceBrahh said:

rulie did you ever play with the NRU guys or AE maybe even UGN?

Yup, NRU, AE, IWI,~ASO~, -FCF-, AUS and AN would all know me from Joint Ops as that bloody bastard sniper! :D

37 minutes ago, [303RD] Steve said:

What no love for Delta Force also from novalogic? DF was the granddaddy of JO. :D

Agreed, i will see if FreezerGeezer could modify the thread title to cover BHD, DF and Joint Ops.

Delta Force LW ...on the old P3 450, 128mb ram and the old TNT2 graphics card. Ahh, the memories...*sniff

On 24/04/2016 at 0:17 PM, rulie said:

Alrighty, i'll kick things off then. This was my first working 1200 map. That is the max amount of decorations, buildings and foliage group combinations the engine could handle.

It took me eight months to make and test in 2009. Originally designed as a jungle sniper duel map. It's a complete waste of time to play though...no one seems to be able to find anyone else to shoot at in the darn thing! :D

I hope it inspires some Squad mappers, i should do a remake of it for Squad. We'll see.

Thanks to rulie and LaughingJack for some Novalogic come backs....

WoW rulie didn't even know you done some in AW2...Shame we couldn't see this at JOs,very impressive indeed bud.

I never really got involved with AW much,had a little go when AW then AW2 but due to mostly Coop gameplay I left it behind

Can't wait to see if our talented modders can/could bring back some of our favourite maps...

Could DF:Angel Falls really become a reality in here!? Would love to see this come true... :D

Searched hi and low for this darn JO AW2 Medic mod image to post in Warti's Female character thread. Finally found what i was looking for, i guess it belongs here now. This is the best res image i could rustle up.

mmg_mm2_2b.jpg

Mozi's "AAS - Any Port in a storm". Brought to life!

LJ this little unfinished gem was buried in that file you uploaded when ASO's site was around.

The port was all but done, needed some decorations and lots more ladders and he'd placed the original LFP's back on the shore line of the BRB terrain.

No doubt to slot them around the wharf when the time was right but it never happened.

Placed the bunkers where i thought they should go according to how Mozi grouped'em but couldn't capture them on the first test run. Thinking i broke it because i hadn't used NILE in yonks, i went back, checked another stock working AAS mode map to double make sure. Still wont capture nada.

I know what i done! i must be rusty or gettin old, i'll just re-assign the LFP's from the Rebs side first and i'll change the bunkers to basic flag capture poles, do the whole group assign thing from scratch. That will fix it...me thinks.

Bastard map still won't darn well capture...anything! Got no hair to pull out these days so i emailed it to Topaxci =CHI= T.IC mapper dude.

Didn't take him too long getting back to me with the fix. There was more than two hundred of one type of sea container which was breaking the AAS code. Didn't know about that interesting little fact, but it does remind you that this game had limits. So, i deleted all the boring sea containers, replacing them with cool ones, added some stuff, put some other stuff over there, chucked some great whites in the water then emailed it back to Topaxci for a bit of buffing (T likes to assign each teams vehicles to JO n Rebs for some reason) and polishing.

Mozi's "Any post in a storm"  was added to =CHI='s Joint Ops server rotation.

If i hadn't of posted g'day from WA on the ASO site, the aussie map collection wouldn't have been uploaded. I was digging around for Gila Marsh and found Any port in a storm.

...to this very date, i have never been able to find one copy of Gila Marsh. :(

MOZI_PORT1.png

MOZI_PORT3.png

MOZI_PORT2.png

Gila Marsh were on rotation in 2012..13 in that combined server Rosebowl at some point, so it exist somewhere. I didn't like it personally, it turned to be total nubetubers show, because of how water adds range to the explosion damage. :(