Jump to content
AJAX

HUD / UI Design Visual Concepts

Recommended Posts

Sahara   
On 4/2/2016 at 2:28 PM, cribbaaa said:

 

Like this ?

 

J8A5qR6.jpg

With the "US Army Roles" on the top left corner, I think it may look better if you either A.) Remove the image, or B.) Us the US Army Seal Vector instead2000px-Seal_of_the_US_Department_of_the_

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cribbaaa   
14 hours ago, LMR Sahara said:

With the "US Army Roles" on the top left corner, I think it may look better if you either A.) Remove the image, or B.) Us the US Army Seal Vector instead

 

 

I don't agree,

1) The icon would be consistent with the rest of the UI.

2) The icon would be the same for all factions, which would be better usability.

3) The icon could be used in the top right menu on the Squad / Map screen, which would be better usability .

4) The icon could be used in the in-game T menu (on ammo boxes) when changing kits, which would be better usability .

5) The US flag is already used when switching teams on the Squad / Map screen so having two different faction logos might cause confusion.

6) The US Army insignia doesn't scale down well.

 

Anyway, that was just something I grabbed from Google image search.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimieus   
21 hours ago, LMR Sahara said:

With the "US Army Roles" on the top left corner, I think it may look better if you either A.) Remove the image, or B.) Us the US Army Seal Vector instead [snip]

 

 

Actually, if one were to do this, this would be more appropriate as per their current brand:

 

Army_logo.png

 

for what it is worth, there is some merit to the idea - in that, if it comes to a point in future where the forces fighting varies (I.E - US army VS Insurgents, US Marines vs ISIS, US Special Forces vs Spetsnaz) these logos/insignias could be displayed for a bit of cool immersion factor. Albeit reworked into simplified icons.

 

brand.gif?itok=jzYOEhj9

 

cff49b370abc5ebfc1f1681450f34cbd.jpg

 

That said, the initial flag icon should be prominently displayed as per its relevance to the objective icons.

 

Food for thought.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sahara   
2 hours ago, Jimieus said:

 

Actually, if one were to do this, this would be more appropriate as per their current brand:

 

Army_logo.png

 

for what it is worth, there is some merit to the idea - in that, if it comes to a point in future where the forces fighting varies (I.E - US army VS Insurgents, US Marines vs ISIS, US Special Forces vs Spetsnaz) these logos/insignias could be displayed for a bit of cool immersion factor. Albeit reworked into simplified icons.

 

brand.gif?itok=jzYOEhj9

 

cff49b370abc5ebfc1f1681450f34cbd.jpg

 

That said, the initial flag icon should be prominently displayed as per its relevance to the objective icons.

 

Food for thought.

 

Looks nice. No need for the US/Russian SF and SOF though, game is based around conventional Infantry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimieus   
33 minutes ago, LMR Sahara said:

Looks nice. No need for the US/Russian SF and SOF though, game is based around conventional Infantry. 

 

For now... and the future is so full of possibilities ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bilsantu   

Lately, when I hover my cursor over weapons on role selection menu, the weapon names doesn't show up. Is it me or the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bilsantu   
On 2/19/2016 at 4:05 AM, AJAX said:

 

Thanks for the feedback mate - appreciate it.

 

Here's the latest...

 

~snip~

 

Note: Must look at the image at full (original) size, otherwise it looks a bit blurry.

 

It's absurd to expect this in A7, right? So, could we maybe somehow get an adjustment to the current maps in a way that the roads will strike out better when you look at them? It's okay in maps like Fool's Road where you can see the roads clearly because of the obvious color contrast but in a map like Kohat for example, road spotting is kind of hard because of the color of the terrain and the road mixing together. It should help with road planning with vehicles until the next iteration of UI arrives if you can hack together before A7. My two cents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any hints for future UI additions/improvements?

 

I for one would like to have map vehicle assets info handy on a tab in the Enter map screen. :)

Kind of like PR has.

 

http://i.imgur.com/1ey2aqZ.gifv

 

It provides important info for all players, but especially for squad leaders. The number of tickets each sides starts the map with, the vehicle assets available to each team, vehicle respawn timers, and the number of each vehicle asset. Very handy indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NotBrad   

@AJAX, considering that you are a developer now, when(if) might we see some variant of your beautiful samples that you provided here ingame? I mugh prefer the way they look to the current offering, and the fact that you are a developer now assures me that the other devs probably feel the same way. Correct me if I am wrong but the way the UI is in game should be a relatively easy change right? I mean you already have much of the work done in your samples and need only break them up into their components and import them into whatever UI software you use to set them up for use ingame! I think it would make a world of difference to the feel of the game, but that's not all either! Many of the people that have had problems with pace of development jump at any new eye candy but the hype has quickly died off in the past, an overhaul of the way the UI looks would not only provide new eye candy but would feel completely new unlike the addition of new content, which quickly becomes forgotten as just another component of the meta-game. Too be frank, it would be like a rebirth of the game as a whole and would feel almost like a new game if the UI update was game-wide! This would greatly lift the spirits of the community that in many ways and invite many of the players who have been taking a break due to performance. Having these players, many of whom were the OG founders like myself(#87 actually); would greatly benefit the playerbase and contribute to a more healthy community as a whole! 

 

TL;DR

A new UI would make the game feel new to those who have been away for a long time and justify a real revisit that would help them see past the problems they perceive to still be there but have long since been fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are working on making a new ui, we are mostly done with the design phase and we are slowly implementing new ui, but we sadly have a lot of issues with earlier programmer mistakes which means that each time we implement new ui we also revisit the code base, which does slow us down a bit. But we are heavily at work on bringing a new look and smarter information level to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NotBrad   
8 hours ago, Motherdear said:

We are working on making a new ui, we are mostly done with the design phase and we are slowly implementing new ui, but we sadly have a lot of issues with earlier programmer mistakes which means that each time we implement new ui we also revisit the code base, which does slow us down a bit. But we are heavily at work on bringing a new look and smarter information level to the game.

Cool! Good to know! I thanks for the update man, I'm not as impatient as some around here and can wait for the new beauty you have in store for us.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×