Yomper

Any good war/combat films worth watching

147 posts in this topic
On March 11, 2016 at 1:32 AM, Dubs said:

There a documentary I've had my eye on for a while, won a few awards but hasn't been released publicly yet.

I'm in this film a few times dubs, my  Chaplin from that time is the director. I have all info on local premieres throughout the US. Next one is in Baton Rouge, La and I'll be going. If you would like more info on a pre screening let me know man. 

Live to Tell - History Channel

A TV Series on History directed by Peter Berg and other Combat Veterans to advise the accuracy of it (in terms of Gear, protocol, etc). It accounts the true stories of War throughout recent years. 

Everything from the Rangers taking part in Operation Redwings Recovery mission, how they reacted to finding the bodies/recovering the 'still glowing with fire' downed Chinook, to the gunfights that led to finding Marcus Luttrell.

From the Battle of Haditha Dam

to the Battle of Roberts Ridge, and many other stories that should be heard.

Watching "Only the Dead" documentary right now. Caucasian journalist is in with the Mujahideen during planning and attacks. Forewarning, theres lots of uncensored beheadings and limp charred corpses. At one point he is almost killed by Zarqawi's men.

Generation War is a Mini-Series of three 1 hour 1/2 episodes about a German group of friends during WW2.

It's really good.

Ok, I have my opinion and you have yours.  I still think they are decent and will watch them both again.  Is it safe to say that you like war movies that are more Michael Bay'ish and thus more believeable?  I like those too but I also appreciate a writer/director telling a decent story.

Just watched Whiskey Tango Foxtrot and I thought that it too was a decent movie.

2 hours ago, Davidlaurence said:

I loved this documentary  

Just finished watching that one, thanks. Really good.

And really I could care less if a movie was a "failure in the box office".  I have liked or enjoyed many movies that did not do well at the box office and on the flip I hated many movies that made tons of money and were successful at the box office.  Is that how you rate movies?  Unlike you I can decide for myself whether or not I enjoyed a movie apparently and I dont need ratings to tell me whether I was right or wrong.  I am agreeing to disagree with you on this and leave it at that.

Ignoring all the great films mentioned. How about Dog Soldier's ) .   OK old one Dogs of War 1980's

4 hours ago, Zhenya said:

Where to being.

First, it's "I couldn't/Could Not care less"

Second, your passive aggressive "I'm better because I think I am" needs to stop, that's anti-social behavior.

Third, Grossman is a hack, there's a reason why Passchendaele and Hyena Road are considered bad movies, (Hint: it's because they're bad)

You continued to push the argument after he simply said "i have my opinion and you have yours;" that's usually a clear sign the person isnt interested in discussing any finer points of the topic with you.

Both of you let it go and carry on.

Watched this, quite interesting. Pretty informative, gives an alright insight to the Green berets. The music can get annoying, but the information makes up for it.

On 3/28/2016 at 7:50 PM, s0tic said:

I'm in this film a few times dubs, my  Chaplin from that time is the director. I have all info on local premieres throughout the US. Next one is in Baton Rouge, La and I'll be going. If you would like more info on a pre screening let me know man. 

Know when there will be a public release of this? Been waiting to watch it for a very long time haha.

Edited by Dubs

7 minutes ago, Dubs said:

Watched this, quite interesting. Pretty informative, gives an alright insight to the Green berets. The music can get annoying, but the information makes up for it.

'This is nothing but a western yankee zionist jewish nazi isreali propaganda film from Washington as the Muricans are there only to protect the poppy fields!!!'

Lmao kidding, kidding :P This was an awesome find, enjoyed watching it! Cheers man. 

Rest in Peace to the Fallen, until Valhalla.

Edited by LMR Sahara

40 minutes ago, LMR Sahara said:

'This is nothing but a western yankee zionist jewish nazi isreali propaganda film from Washington as the Muricans are there only to protect the poppy fields!!!'

Lmao kidding, kidding :P This was an awesome find, enjoyed watching it! Cheers man. 

Rest in Peace to the Fallen, until Valhalla.

Haha, Them tinfoil hatters have quite an outlook on certain subjects :P

Was watching Ross Kemps latest documentary on ISIS, saw this Green Beret video in the suggested videos on the side. Haven't seen too much doco's/videos giving decents amount of detail on the Green Berets, like this one. Thought it was worth a share :)

Boom!

This looks good too...

Edited by XRobinson
add film

We got to get out of this place....