chronic

Community Clan Fight Night - North America

1 hour ago, aLnMyLittleKony said:

Any intel on this weeks format/signups? Nice cast by the way.

Not sure - think they go live at 1900 EST - keep an eye on the discord for updates.  I'll try find out for you.

COMMUNITY CLAN FIGHT NIGHT

- Week 21 -

'Blood in the River'

Sunday 15th May 2016

1910 / 1930 EST

Server:  Community Clan Fight Night - CCFN 21 NA

Maps:  Kohat AAS

Password: TBA

- One map, two rounds -

- Post to confirm attendance -

- First come first served sign-up -

-  One squad per a clan, max nine players who can be swapped at any time -

- We will see how many sign-ups we get before we decide on how many servers we'll run -

>>> We will try for Kohat again this week, once again it will depend on the volume of sign-ups as we really need full servers to play Kohat AAS <<<

Community Clan Fight Night - Week 21 Teams (North America)

'Make do and Mend'

Sunday 15th May 2016 @ 1910 EST
Servers: Community Clan Fight Night - CCFN 21 NA
Map: Kohat AAS

Password: via steam group / discord

1.  Bloodbath
  2.  iB
  3.  FFO
  4.  SWF
  5.  303rd
  6.  FUBAR
  7.  APG
  8.  aR
  9.  CML

SERVER: Community Clan Fight Night - CCFN 21 NA (official server browser)

Team 1

• aR
  • iB
  • SWG
  • FUBAR

Team 2

• 303rd
  • Bloodbath
  • FFO
  • APG

Standby Clans:  CML

Banshee and Schoff are your staff for CCFN North America. If you have any issues, problems, information to notify or questions to ask, then they go to Banshee or Schoff (via Discord or Steam).  Both Banshee and Schoff will be running the server, announcing the details, balancing the teams, etc. (if you have extra players available for the event, please let us know on the ccfn_na Discord channel).  Please be nice to them.

For clans new to the event, and to remind everyone else, here is a quick breakdown of how things run.  Timings below are in EST format.

• 1910: Join your server
  • 1910 - 1920: Team up / Squad up / Warm up (skirmish map)
  • 1920 - 1930: Teams discuss tactics
  • 1930: Change to map game LIVE - round one
  • Halftime: Five minute break / server changes map twice
  • Halftime: Break finished / Change back to map LIVE - round two
  • Finish: Round two ends

The game will start at 1930EST promptly.  Make sure your team is on the server and on the correct side by 1920EST.

We begin on a skirmish map.  Use this time to warm up and discuss team tactics.  The event will go live on the change to the chosen map.  Live will be announced.  The same again at half time, skirmish map, two maps changes to avoid the bug and keep the teams, then live when we drop into the map.

NO TEAM KILLING prior to the start of the rounds.  Use the time to squad up, warm up, discuss team tactics and brief your squad.  Be sensible, formulate your team strategy and disperse it to your squad members.

We are playing Kohat AAS today.  As ever teamwork will win the day.  Its going to be a battle, make sure you come prepared. 

CCFN Staff for this event:

Banshee - Event curator, player on the server

Schoff - Event curator, player on the server

chronic - Broadcast and recording.  Admin cam on the server?

See you on the servers.

Game on!

CCFN 21 feedback:

Once the event got going it was fine. Good fight by both sides, turned into a slugfest in Bahadur both times. 

What i'd like to comment on is the lack of respect given to those put in charge to lead the event. Constant spam of the chat, constant complaining about how long it may be taking (really not that long), and the fact that Banshee wasn't seemingly given his position in the server again once he dropped out of it to allow a player to join due to the server pop limit being reached. 

AFAIK, Banshee is a lead curator for the NA CCFN events. He shouldn't be taking a backseat to leading the event when there are people who are just present to stream. The players are here to play before they're here to perform for a live audience. Curators should have priority over streamers/cam people/etc.

A lot of frustrating moments this event and it was not the fault of the event leaders. 

5 minutes ago, IRONXBAY said:

Curators should have priority over streamers/cam people/etc.

A lot of frustrating moments this event and it was not the fault of the event leaders. 

Not sure why this is the streamers fault, but since I was one I may be biased.  Johnny and I arranged much prior to the event to co-host the stream.  We had been in the server testing and getting set up.  One too many players got in and banshee wasnt able to get back in.  We went forward with the stream as planned.  Organization was hindered, hope no feeling were hurt.  Overall the games were fantastic to watch

Fist off thank you Banshee for tonight. It's been a few weeks since I played last but I enjoyed myself for the most part. Second, we had a lot of immaturity tonight. Nothing wrong with having a good time but the constant chat spam and lack of proper teamwork can really put a damper on an event such as this. Just trying to nip this in the bud so it doesn't get worse. But like I said before I enjoyed myself for the most part. I'll see you guys next week!!

Some more feedback:

There was a deficit of professionalism happening at this event tonight.  You had people disrespecting the admin by telling them not to "spam" server messages.  If anything, the spam was going on in all chat during the map switches, full of complaining, incoherent babble, and trash.  There was even evidence of bad mouthing of other clans being inferior competitors.   While I hold the people doing that responsible, I would still like to see the organizers being able to crack down on the childish behavior displayed tonight in all future events.  This event should just be about professional, solid teamplay and having a good time-- not an opportunity to mimic jackass or showcase epeens.

As far as the stream is concerned: it's still a good idea (keep up the good work, Johnny!).  Although, having a co-host may be over the top in taking up another server slot that could otherwise be needed by an admin/curator. 

I would suggest that the NA CCFN team confer with the EU team for how to achieve the best format since they have a lot of experience with how to run this event smoothly.  Also, organizers need the right access and tools to maintain facilitation and order.

Good game, well played. Thanks to admins for putting this on, it's a thankless job and I appreciate it. Recommend weekly pre-game roundtable a day previous for each team to discuss strategy. Will be conducive to teamplay and eliminate last minute confusion. Should also elevate the quality of the event all around.

Edited by aLnMyLittleKony

For any other clan leads that are curious about what some clans do when rounds start -- I try to lay out these guidelines for my squad at round warmup:

1. Don't even spawn in. Just get on the right team, in our squad, and be patient
  2. Keep comms quiet so I can hear what's going on on SL comms and pay attention to any curator/admin announcements
  3. Don't talk in ALL chat whatsoever. Just keep it mum. It helps keep the chat clean for important discussions.

20 hours ago, Bash said:

" One too many players got in and banshee wasnt able to get back in.  We went forward with the stream as planned."

The stream while fun should not impact those playing as it did Sunday by not letting Banshee back in the game to do his admin duties.