Sign in to follow this  
b3ddy

Invisible Server in Custom Servers

Hi guys, 

So I just brought a server online. It's being hosted in a datacenter, and I'll just go ahead and say the specs aren't the issue. The server has been online for roughly 24 hours now, and I seem to be the only person I know that can see the server. The server is located in Canada and I'm in Georgia, so I don't have some direct connection or anything like that going on. On the server the port 7787/exes are allowed through the firewall, including the squad file in the binaries folder. Has anyone encountered this issue while hosting? Did I miss something in the server setup process/config for making the server play nicer with the browser? 

Both Screenshots taken at the exact same time - same filtering

Server appears to be invisible for friends. 

Friend's Screen:

.eJwFwVsOgyAQAMC7cAD2AYLrZRqCBG20EFi_mt6

My Screen:

.eJwFwVEOgyAMANC7cAAqhUDr3xAPQghxRtFFyte

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi b3ddy, some of my squaddies also reported me the same. 

Four people told me, that my server and some others are not visible to them. First time i thought they were joking. So i refreshed several times - and after a short time i got the same. Some of them couldn´t finde a few server, another guy was only able to see 5 servers. Hmmmm. Dunno what´s the problem. 

You only can just recommend to do another refresh...

Found two interestings links for "us":

https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/47a66i/fix_for_fewno_server_showing_up/

Edited by Heavymaxx
link added

you need to check your refresh time in steam. I believe it is steam > server > settings and change it to like 500. Also check and see if you can see the server in the Steam Server Browser. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for steam to populate it.

3 hours ago, Spectral said:

you need to check your refresh time in steam. I believe it is steam > server > settings and change it to like 500. Also check and see if you can see the server in the Steam Server Browser. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for steam to populate it.

This is reported to help with the problem, but it's a widespread problem that some servers become invisible sometimes, and it may take quite a few refreshes to have them become visible again. If your friends manage to see your server after refreshing a few times, you probably have the same problem. I imagine it will get fixed eventually, as it seems to be something related to the server browser. If it's a server-side problem, I'm sure somebody will eventually come up with a solution that works consistently for everyone, but for now I have no knowledge of one.

Edited by TheNirl

it isn't related to the server browser but related to UE4. Ark has the same issue. We can only help remediate the issue by changing the steam refresh rate.

Thanks for the links Maxx. I've actually seen both of those on my hunt for a proper solution. I've told everyone to check all of their port forwards & firewalls, but can't say everyone is the most tech savvy amongst my friends. Worked for some, not for others(not sure if this was user error or not). Still shouldn't be this difficult for people. 

Unfortunately I've known about the steam solution for a while now (Arma Life >.<), and it has worked for some but not all. 

Spectral is there an end game solution to this problem or is UE4+Steam Browser going to be the bane of squaddies? Would it be possible for you guys to throw in a direct connect console command to help those that can't get the refresh rate to fix the issue?

*please*

?width=630&version=1518354