Odd_fella

Flippin' FOBS on Flags!!!

After 400+ hours in this game I've yet to see this amazing FOB on a flag that kept our team from capping the objective, the only thing I've gathered is people have some serious confirmation bias after winning some rounds against incompetent players. Other than specific situations, you are severely limiting your mobility and giving the enemy the opportunity to get the double whammy of taking the objective and your teams spawn point within 400m of the objective (that's a net 50 ticket hit and you lose the ability to counter attack). I get it, you like to build shit.... just don't plan on winning too many games with that strategy in the current game build.   

Just think about it logically, it's a Forward Operating Base used to support the attack on an Objective, you don't want to combine the two making it convenient for the other team ....... currently it's mainly spawning and ammo, going forward it will most likely need to be built up on the huge maps and guarded with all sorts of emplacements as a hub for logistics, ammo, and fire support (this is where you can get your Minecraft fix). Either way you won't want to give the enemy the ability to kill two birds with one stone by placing all of this on the one spot the enemy is focused on taking. 

just my $.02..... by all means keep putting them on the objective if you're playing against me. 

FOB's directly inside the cap zone are like putting up a bright green neon sign saying "I don't know what I'm doing".

FOBs in a cap - sure go ahead.  Let me know how that works out for you when the FOB gets destroyed without my squad even breaching the compound.  And then, people like Blitza, Desmo, Zimm_Macuga, Chaggy, SlipyCat, Clinch, toma18, Hardstyles, k3v, Prowler et al will simply cap the flag since your entire team can't respawn on the cap anymore.  Good plan

On 20.4.2016 at 3:33 PM, Montoya said:

There is no right and wrong tactic, just good and bad teams.

I'm pretty sure the skill level of teams is based on whether or not they use good or bad strategies and tactics...

12 hours ago, Cowboy_Chuck said:

FOBs in a cap - sure go ahead.  Let me know how that works out for you when the FOB gets destroyed without my squad even breaching the compound.  And then, people like Blitza, Desmo, Zimm_Macuga, Chaggy, SlipyCat, Clinch, toma18, Hardstyles, k3v, Prowler et al will simply cap the flag since your entire team can't respawn on the cap anymore.  Good plan

Sick list there. Can you add my name to that list? Just to be polite. 

Very impressive Socrates. What clans were you up against in those games? I'm assuming you showed us those videos because FOBs on flags are effective against an organised and experienced group of players, or at least squad leads who know how to organise their guys. 

We know you're not showing us those videos because FOBs on flags are effective against a group of random players who have never played with each other before, some of which may be new, and are lead by squad leads who don't have mics or don't really know what to do. 

Do you have any videos of where you lost an objective with a FOB or have you been successful every time you placed one?

Having played in game with Socrates quite a few times, I can tell you that he only does that when the game is in our favor and the flag was a defense flag not under pressure or fear of being capped.  When the flags are under fire or pressure from enemies, Socrates is in the thick of things with every one else trying to capture and defend the flag.  Feel free to join us in game anytime.

I have seen some pretty impressive FOBs on the Train flag of Fools road but other than that I know that we are going to lose the match the second someone superfobs on top of a point. I literally cringe when I see someone put a FOB next to a cache in insurgency.

I personally like when enemy is building FOB on flag because it means that there is no other FOB within 400m each side from flag. It also makes my job as SL so much easier as I don't have to drag my squad around some shit holes looking for enemy FOB. ALSO! possibility of getting flanked by enemy is almost ZERO. 

I made a little drawing for those who still think FOB on flag is a good idea.

oZtoJX4.png

The left side is a problem because if you get stuck at either FOBs, then no one is on the flag and then you eventually lose it.

Last night I saw the worse placement of a FOB ever, inside the same room as an "Weapons Cache"  in an "Insurgency" game. o.O

6 hours ago, Lenroc said:

Last night I saw the worse placement of a FOB ever, inside the same room as an "Weapons Cache"  in an "Insurgency" game. o.O

People do this all the damn time. And while it annoys me, it can be effective. Keep in mind that in Insurgency, the defending team has to all intents and purposes unlimited tickets. Dying is not an issue. What annoys me about it is that once the FOB is inevitably taken down, nobody else has bothered to set up a FOB within any reasonable distance, and you can't get back before the cache goes down too. 

I'm more of a fan of building a large defensive FOB with clear sight lines overlooking the cache if at all possible. A squad or two inside the cache can defend it and direct rocket and AR fire, and hopefully we draw the attention of at least one enemy squad. 

16 hours ago, Socrates said:

The left side is a problem because if you get stuck at either FOBs, then no one is on the flag and then you eventually lose it.

Since when enemy has so much personel to cover all three points? 

Come on guys lets just leave it now. I created this thread after a rage quit over losing 2 fobs on flags, 1 being the superfob on packers. Actually I rage quit when a 3rd fob went down on packers.

Let's just delete this thread.

5 minutes ago, Odd_fella said:

Come on guys lets just leave it now. I created this thread after a rage quit over losing 2 fobs on flags, 1 being the superfob on packers. Actually I rage quit when a 3rd fob went down on packers.

Whaat!!! You want to rage quit your own thread? :P

why not building 2 Fobs

At the Flag inside Compound (at one of the compounds you can really Defend)

and one 400m away

The perfect Distance to flag of a FOB is 300-400 meters. So why not ?

I share your opinions that it is not possible to make a perfect Defense FOB aka Superfob

But to say its never sensefull is to much in my Point of view.

With 2 Squads you can play so perfect, inside compound the Bait, means a squad taking most time only cover

and one squad outside, fishing the enemy focused on attacking

3 hours ago, Odd_fella said:

Know what you signed up.

On May 4, 2016 at 7:54 PM, Socrates said:

If you get stuck at one fob, you can spawn at the other fob........ I'm not sure if you're being serious, the logic is pretty straight forward.

7 hours ago, Wookie404 said:

If you get stuck at one fob, you can spawn at the other fob........ I'm not sure if you're being serious, the logic is pretty straight forward.

You don't get it.

You can get pinned down at both FOBs and lose the main flag in between.

53 minutes ago, Socrates said:

You don't get it.

You can get pinned down at both FOBs and lose the main flag in between.

Are you suggesting that an attacking team that can take down 2 FOBs and a flag at the same time, isn't capable of taking down badly placed FOB inside the flag compund?

It's annoying as it is now. But I know that I'm not going to enjoy listening to SLs trying to argue that they can't hold a flag without a .50 or two on top of the compund walls.

1 hour ago, Altraum said:

Are you suggesting that an attacking team that can take down 2 FOBs and a flag at the same time, isn't capable of taking down badly placed FOB inside the flag compund?

It's annoying as it is now. But I know that I'm not going to enjoy listening to SLs trying to argue that they can't hold a flag without a .50 or two on top of the compund walls.

2 FOBS left and right of the flag compound outside of the radius of the capture zone. No FOB in the flag radius.

9 minutes ago, Socrates said:

2 FOBS left and right of the flag compound outside of the radius of the capture zone. No FOB in the flag radius.

Right now, I get the impression you are trolling.

There are 2 scenarios, one with 2 FOBs on each side of the flag, the other with a FOB on the flag.

Are you implying that the scenario with a FOB on the flag is the best option, because you can get "pinned" on both FOBs in the left side scenario and that would leave the flag open?

If that is the case, I strongly disagree. An enemy team that can take down 2 FOBs and cap a flag almost simultaneously will roll over the right hand scenario without breaking a sweat.