Sign in to follow this  
Valletta

Suggestions and Feedback After 10 Hours

So I've played about 10 hours straight of Squad and I've been having a bunch of fun with it.

Here are some things that I'd like to see added or fixed.

First off is the fall damage, I assume they are going to fix this with the new models, because jumping over a small wall or just walking down a mountain shouldn't make you take damage. I mean most normal humans can even jump off a 1 story building and be fine.

Better animations for healing, first the dressing animation can glitch out, but mainly I would like to see some better animations for healing people instead of just using the force.

On the subject of healing, you should have an instant switch to your dressing if your bleeding out, I'm sorry but if I was bleeding out I would not sit there and slowly fold up the sights on my RPG.

Destructible buildings? (I think if anything this would be something far down the road.)

I know you guys mentioned vehicles, but any plans for choppers? I think attack choppers would be really unbalanced but maybe transport choppers? Where you would have to land to drop off troops nearby or throw down rappel ropes causing you to be vulnerable to rpg fire.

Weapons, more Sniper rifles/marksman rifles not just the SVD for Russians. More SMG's, and maybe put in shotguns. And possibly and AT4 for when vehicles come out.

Also for weapons I understand the roles have specific weapons, but you should be able to pick your sight/attachments. I personally don't like ACOG scopes and I would rather have iron sights.

Deployable bipods, (I know that can be finnicky, even in Battlefield they get wonky.)

Also, can you make the zoom in on the sights a bit further, when I aim if feels like I'm 20 years away from my gun. I own an AK-47 and the sights are not that far away.

And my biggest complaint is that when you pick your spawn location and you close the spawn screen you have to re open it and close it again to spawn. Once its closed you should spawn automatically once the timer is up.

Lastly I guess something cool would be to have a boost over walls, it would take 2 people but once person could boost you up over a high wall.

Fall damage; WiP

Animations; WiP

Bandage; subjective, I personally disagree

Destruction; denied by developers

Helis; CAS and transport confirmed

Weapons; WiP

Roles; WiP

Bipods; WiP

Zoom; WiP

Spawn; WiP

Boost; No idea

ACOGs are limited kits that come with alternatives.

The US SL can choose an ACOG or a CompM4. The rifleman can choose to take the ACOG, CompM4 or iron sights. Only the medic uses iron sights strictly. Other classes use CompM4s strictly.

I disagree with bandages being auto-switched to when hit. Finding the right time to bandage is a skill in itself and while I agree that animations should be interruptible, it shouldn't be automatic. I'd imagine that changing to bandages when you're 2 feet from a tango that grazed you and is likely to enter more shots into you would be frustrating.

Check the Monthly Recaps and any forum feed you can get. M110, G3 (hopefully not as a sniper rifle), sawn off Remington 870 and M1014 are already in the works. And the PPSh-41.

Not an auto switch, but an animation interrupt. It is ridiculous that I wouldn't drop my weapon to bandage myself.

If Helicopters will be added, i hope there will be a function to rappel down from it. It would be awesome if u fly above the lz and the troops rappel down on ropes.

Posted (edited)

repelling is confirmed. You can see alot of this stuff on their kick starter page. Just go there for more info. Although snipers are not going to happen most likely as they refuse to nerf the all powerful rally. Making long ranged engagments kind of meaningless. Unless ur sniping from an objective. Most likely no jets either.

Edited by madcat768

33 minutes ago, madcat768 said:

repelling is confirmed. You can see alot of this stuff on their kick starter page. Just go there for more info. Although snipers are not going to happen most likely as they refuse to nerf the all powerful rally. Making long ranged engagments kind of meaningless. Unless ur sniping from an objective. Most likely no jets either.

What? Since when? Fastropes has been an ongoing joke since PR, I'm not sure it will be implemented but would love it if it was.

1 hour ago, madcat768 said:

Although snipers are not going to happen most likely as they refuse to nerf the all powerful rally.

I've noticed that you seem to weave a negative comment about rally points into pretty much any topic. I'm curious why that is? 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, DoctorKamikaze said:

What? Since when? Fastropes has been an ongoing joke since PR, I'm not sure it will be implemented but would love it if it was.

saw it somewhere. I am pretty sure it is going to happen. unless it was a joke and said it was going to happen on some threads.... idk.. Can anyone confirm?

8 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I've noticed that you seem to weave a negative comment about rally points into pretty much any topic. I'm curious why that is? 

haha i guess i should stop. Its just because i really wish they would make the rally system like it was in PR. Or make it less powerful. Would u be in favor of game mechanics which promote more use of team work? More worth to everything in the game? Meaning to longer ranged engagements and ambushes. Then the rally should be nerfed. Its like inflation.

A game world more affected by player action is a game world more while playing inside of? I think so.

The only real reason i can think why they wouldnt is because they want to gear it more towards the arcade shooter crowd. Thats it. They did say they were doing that but, i question whether it really does get more sales. Look at arma. There is nothing out ther competeing with it. Will the game still be more of an arcade experiance if its rally system went back to what it was in pr? I think so. But with more actual real world strategy. 

You can be a marksman, be prone in a field, wipe out an entire squad over and over which is inside a house literally til the end of time. Unless that squad kills that marksman or the marksman manages to push into the rallies proximety. That is too overpowered. Little risk for the enemies in the house, little reward for the marksman overall. Shooting people does not really eliminate any enemy threat, unless the enemies spawn is far away.

Edited by madcat768

On 4/17/2016 at 9:31 PM, Valletta said:

First off is the fall damage, I assume they are going to fix this with the new models, because jumping over a small wall or just walking down a mountain shouldn't make you take damage. I mean most normal humans can even jump off a 1 story building and be fine.

'normal' humans yes, but not the ones who carry 30~kg of gear on them :P

Better animations for healing, first the dressing animation can glitch out, but mainly I would like to see some better animations for healing people instead of just using the force.

That's coming

On the subject of healing, you should have an instant switch to your dressing if your bleeding out, I'm sorry but if I was bleeding out I would not sit there and slowly fold up the sights on my RPG.

New animation system will allow for animation cancelling

Destructible buildings? (I think if anything this would be something far down the road.)

Please show mercy for the players with low-mid end PCs will ya :D

I know you guys mentioned vehicles, but any plans for choppers? I think attack choppers would be really unbalanced but maybe transport choppers? Where you would have to land to drop off troops nearby or throw down rappel ropes causing you to be vulnerable to rpg fire.

Weapons, more Sniper rifles/marksman rifles not just the SVD for Russians. More SMG's, and maybe put in shotguns. And possibly and AT4 for when vehicles come out.

Choppers and new toys are planned.

Also for weapons I understand the roles have specific weapons, but you should be able to pick your sight/attachments. I personally don't like ACOG scopes and I would rather have iron sights.

Deployable bipods, (I know that can be finnicky, even in Battlefield they get wonky.)

Also, can you make the zoom in on the sights a bit further, when I aim if feels like I'm 20 years away from my gun. I own an AK-47 and the sights are not that far away.

Planned, planned, will be tweaked in the future

And my biggest complaint is that when you pick your spawn location and you close the spawn screen you have to re open it and close it again to spawn. Once its closed you should spawn automatically once the timer is up.

Sometimes your SL may decide to change the spawn location in the last second for his whole squad. I wouldn't count on it.

7 hours ago, madcat768 said:

saw it somewhere. I am pretty sure it is going to happen. unless it was a joke and said it was going to happen on some threads.... idk.. Can anyone confirm?

haha i guess i should stop. Its just because i really wish they would make the rally system like it was in PR. Or make it less powerful. Would u be in favor of game mechanics which promote more use of team work? More worth to everything in the game? Meaning to longer ranged engagements and ambushes. Then the rally should be nerfed. Its like inflation.

A game world more affected by player action is a game world more while playing inside of? I think so.

The only real reason i can think why they wouldnt is because they want to gear it more towards the arcade shooter crowd. Thats it. They did say they were doing that but, i question whether it really does get more sales. Look at arma. There is nothing out ther competeing with it. Will the game still be more of an arcade experiance if its rally system went back to what it was in pr? I think so. But with more actual real world strategy. 

You can be a marksman, be prone in a field, wipe out an entire squad over and over which is inside a house literally til the end of time. Unless that squad kills that marksman or the marksman manages to push into the rallies proximety. That is too overpowered. Little risk for the enemies in the house, little reward for the marksman overall. Shooting people does not really eliminate any enemy threat, unless the enemies spawn is far away.

I see your point about the exponential and progressive nature of rally points. 

I've never played PR however I've got thousands of hours into all the games in the Delta Force series. That said, there was no such thing as a rally point only the main base or a few other static spawn points on the map. The big difference is that if it was one of the bigger maps there was a large amount of vehicles to choose from and you just walked up and grabbed it.

So unless the amount and variety of vehicles increases and the restrictive nature of their claiming plus their inherent ticket value changes the rally & fob/hab system seems valid.

Now it all comes back to the point I always weave into every topic myself which is the overall game mechanic itself is essentially broken. I say this because after every cool new feature the devs add to the game the servers then respond with a litany of supplemental rules and regulations. This is completely wrong thinking. The rules for the entire game should be built into the game itself.

23 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

The rules for the entire game should be built into the game itself.

^ Sums up the issue well! The extreme side is remove rally points entirely. Requiring greater teamwork and need of resources FOB/HAB/LOGISTICS and the protection of such. However, some may view that as too hardcore.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

So unless the amount and variety of vehicles increases and the restrictive nature of their claiming plus their inherent ticket value changes the rally & fob/hab system seems valid.

That would make everything i said useless. As i can understand where you are coming from but helicopters will be here eventually. Air insertion will make everything much much quicker, as long as the helis stay alive. Which creates a real need to take out AA vehicles. Overall it is fine. Dont abandon vehicles. Dont drive them into enemy territory. 3-8min timers on vehciles is not that much to ask, for over 9 vehicles(currently on yehvorika not including the helis that will be added) No. Like everything else if rallies were nerfed, it would just require more TEAM WORK and COORDINATION. That is the whole point of nerfing the rally. Why just hand vehicles out to every single person? Might as well keep rallies the way they are. Only thing that would change is a designated driver. Thats it. Same with heli pilots. Common sense now required.

2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

This is completely wrong thinking. The rules for the entire game should be built into the game itself.

I agree completely. All these weird rules kill the realism. You want to keep your helis alive? Go after AA. You want to stay alive pushing into a building? Group up and watch every direction. No one will go out of their way to hunt AA that much unless helis were that much more valuable. You create this need to do things together and people will either do it or not do it. But the mechanics support overall the need for teamwork.

Edited by madcat768

Posted (edited)

1 man  vehicle claiming and locked squads screwed the game.. too many locked squads now with two guys who don't give a monkeys about anyone else... would switch it back 

agreed.. if servers have to create supplemental rules to avoid exploitation or provide more even game play  then there is something wrong with the game itself. 

Locked squads have done exactly what people thought they would do... either restricted by clans who overload a faction or two man squad that just wastes assets and ignores everyone.  (yes I know they can kick you out anyway if you join it)...

for me , rally points need a lot of work... no I don't think you should be able to pick your sight.. unless its related to the role you are taking.. which means no frigging sniper sight for m4... and it should take the supply points for doing this out of the first deployed fob...

FOBs act more like glorified spawn points now rather than proper base of operation ..especially since they can be destroyed by explosives... something just doesn't sit right with both the FOB and rally mechanics for me.

Edited by embecmom

Posted (edited)

too many locked squads now with two guys who don't give a monkeys about anyone else...

Agreed ^ hence why [RIP] does not allow for it in any game with such feature.

Works against server licence guidelines IMO

• Promote teamwork and communication in their community and/or clan.
  • Provide a positive environment for new players to learn the game and play with more experienced players.

Would be in favour to ditch RP's, would slow the pace of the game a tad, make players value their life/ticket more and utilise the transport elements of the game.

Edited by wintski