Jump to content

Checking ammo that's left  

36 members have voted

  1. 1. Have the ability to check how much ammo is left?

    • It shouldn't be added
      8
    • It should be added
      28


Recommended Posts

So I was wondering if we'd have the ability to check how much ammo we have in the magazine. It'd be pretty I think personally, you would basically hold "r" or whatever button you have to reload and it would be your character pulling the magazine out of his gun and checking how many rounds are left. Now for guns such as the m4 there could be small slits in the mag to represent a rough estimation how much ammo you have left or for say German forces the g36 has a transparent magazine. If you decide not to have view slits on the side of the magazine you could just be shown checking the top of the magazine to see if you  still have ammo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me that's not a bad idea, maybe the developers have already a plan for this feature, but I wouldn't expect to see it before the full game release, as it is something which demands additive animations for all weapons. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

m4 has 29-30 bullets in a mag plus one in the chamber (I'm not sure exactly about numbers - correct me) Just count your shots ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it should be added in my opinion it takes away a certain realism when playing the game.

And i've often find myself especially in other shooters that i pay way to much attention to the amount of bullets i have left. (because i am able to see them)

Plus, it creates some fun moments when you run out of bullets to fire in the chaos and there's an enemy standing infront of you and you just know the soggy lampshade is grinning from behind his screen.

It kinda forces you to make a habbit out of counting/keeping track of the amount of bullets you have left ¬¬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, T-7 said:

I don't think it should be added in my opinion it takes away a certain realism when playing the game.

And i've often find myself especially in other shooters that i pay way to much attention to the amount of bullets i have left. (because i am able to see them)

Plus, it creates some fun moments when you run out of bullets to fire in the chaos and there's an enemy standing infront of you and you just know the soggy lampshade is grinning from behind his screen.

It kinda forces you to make a habbit out of counting/keeping track of the amount of bullets you have left ¬¬

 

doing something you can do in real life takes away from realism?

I'm sorry dude but mag windows exist for a reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

 

doing something you can do in real life takes away from realism?

I'm sorry dude but mag windows exist for a reason

Sure you can do it in real life. But would you, in the middle of a combat situtation, take out each round from the mag to count it? I wouldn't.

 

Just count your shots :-)

 

A better way, as you mentioned, could be to introduce magazines with a viewing window.

But to my knowledge, that isn't standard issue in the US faction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EElkjaer said:

Sure you can do it in real life. But would you, in the middle of a combat situtation, take out each round from the mag to count it? I wouldn't.

 

Just count your shots :-)

 

A better way, as you mentioned, could be to introduce magazines with a viewing window.

But to my knowledge, that isn't standard issue in the US faction.

 

you can take the mag out of the weapon and gauge it's weight. No need to count the individual rounds.

Rifle Mags with viewing windows are standard issue in British Army and German Army, so it makes sense to implement them.

For pistol mags, every single pistol in game has such features.
M9 magazines have holes for 15, 10, and 5 rounds respectively. Similar holes exist on Glock magazines for upcoming British forces, and MP-443 magazines. Makarov magazines also have open sides to allow rounds to be counted.

The feature is extremely realistic. Just don't have a counter, just show the mag window to allow players themselves to count the rounds.

Edited by trotskygrad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't you still sense it when you are low on ammo, after all these years with fps games using same guns, I am nearly accurate with my full sprays, after a spray i feel how long the second would last for me, otherwise its easy to count with semi-auto anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trotskygrad said:

 

doing something you can do in real life takes away from realism?

I'm sorry dude but mag windows exist for a reason

 

I thought this was a suggestion for the game not real life, i think you've misunderstood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T-7 said:

 

I thought this was a suggestion for the game not real life, i think you've misunderstood.

 

no, you're able to do it in real life, so being able to do it in game adds to the realism, it doesn't take away from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

 

no, you're able to do it in real life, so being able to do it in game adds to the realism, it doesn't take away from it.

 

I do agree with you on with that, but opposed to a counter that tells you the amount of bullets you have i'd rather see something else

The viewing slits on the side doesn't sound like a bad idea now that i think about 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, T-7 said:

 

I do agree with you on with that, but opposed to a counter that tells you the amount of bullets you have i'd rather see something else

The viewing slits on the side doesn't sound like a bad idea now that i think about 

 

I'm glad we've come to an agreement. Mag slits/holes/windows are something that a lot of games neglect due to technical reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Motherdear said:

Our plan is to add in a small mechanic that allows you to quickly check the weight of the mag.


no windows? ah well, I know it's complicated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be added. Maybe an animation once you press a certain key to take out the mag and check how much it weighs to check roughly how much ammunition there is in the clip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think a weight guess with an animation where you take out the mag weight it in hand and put it back in would be enough - so if you check you will not be able to fire for a small amount of time. and it should give an estimate like 1/4 full or hald full.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17.4.2016 at 8:36 PM, trotskygrad said:


no windows? ah well, I know it's complicated

 

Yeah would have liked it better if i had to look at the windwos myself instead of just holding R for example and the game tells me an estimated number of what's left like 2/3 or something.

But it might be easier to make so we may get it earlier :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×