Rettfoss

Directional VOIP when nearby

Hey,

It would be cool to simulate direction of teammate voices when not too far. It's not realistic in terms of radio contact, but it's realistic in that you would know direction if somebody spoke near you. In addition it would help to overcome the factor that in reality it's easier to recognize voices of your teammates, while in game you could play with different people all the time.

Would be great if it was true stereo simulation (micro delay) instead of just amplitude (loudness on one side or other), probably even easier to calculate in the stereo case. I can provide calculations if needed.

A.

11 minutes ago, Devon said:

you even squad brah?

yeah brah, do you even squad?

Seriously though, that's already a feature.

1 hour ago, Rettfoss said:

Hey,

It would be cool to simulate direction of teammate voices when not too far. It's not realistic in terms of radio contact, but it's realistic in that you would know direction if somebody spoke near you. In addition it would help to overcome the factor that in reality it's easier to recognize voices of your teammates, while in game you could play with different people all the time.

Would be great if it was true stereo simulation (micro delay) instead of just amplitude (loudness on one side or other), probably even easier to calculate in the stereo case. I can provide calculations if needed.

A.

I completely agree with you. I also think Squad should have weapons like AKM and M4

Interesting first post, welcome to the forums. Yes, it's already a feature as others have stated.