nickivan2270

3rd person mod and ww2 mod

1 hour ago, EA_SUCKS said:

3rd person, only if you can give me Command and Conquer: Generals

WW2, only if you can give me WW1 first

:)

Isonzo front

PTSD simulator where the boys are separated from the men, assaulting slowly up massive hills, with ricochet physics it would be so terrifying.

3 hours ago, Davistator said:

So, is there any info on a WWII mod or is it a rumor?

The PR ww2 mod is really, really at the start of dev.

In the meantime, I'm leading a team developing a standalone realistic WW2 game similar (but with some crucial differences) to Squad.

You can see screenshots here.

11 hours ago, +++++ said:

The PR ww2 mod is really, really at the start of dev.

In the meantime, I'm leading a team developing a standalone realistic WW2 game similar (but with some crucial differences) to Squad.

You can see screenshots here.

Are you in the same team as r0tzbua?

highresscreenshot0005s9sel.png

screenshot_garand_wip5juz1.jpg

highresscreenshot0006tksc6.jpg

If a mod was created that was 3rd person mode, I don't think that would be a bad thing at all. Maybe it would be only co-op and some AI might be figured out by then. I mean I agree P vs P should never have 3rd person view, but co-op and SP it can make it more fun sometimes imo. 

The quoting system is broken and I'm unable to reply in that post.

No, Rotzbua is in a different team. We're quite a bit further ahead from what I've seen. Ours is a standalone game - not a mod.

We're going to do an official announcement in the next couple of weeks. The website is almost set up.

We have a huge amount of completed assets and many of the features are working and replicating. (we're talking ballistics, reload, ammo, map, game mode settings, cap points, tickets, dedicated servers etc.) All our movement is also replicating. We're really in polishing and optimising, as well as adding additional beauty touches and beginning on prepping the vehicle pipeline (ie. markups for destructible panelling).

We've also got finished assets for:

Stg 44

MP 40

Kar 98K

MG42 (drum mag)

Luger

P38

Bar1919

BAR

Thompson M1A1 (two variants)

M1 Garand

M1 Carbine

Colt 1911

Stielhandgranate

M1 Grenade

The big, big, big thing is that we've got a map the size and detail level of Skyrim with a huge number of optimised assets. You can enter every building (of which there are 13 types currently) and the entire map is hugely varying in different terrain types and areas. It really feels like every RO2 map tied into a single map. You'll be fighting through drowned Normandy fields, up graveyards, across bridges, through towns, villages, farmyards, orchards, birch forests, pine forests, across bridges, across fords, through industrial zones and across a city.

The map was a culmination of 100 hours of referencing and planning. It'll essentially feel like you're playing Band of Brothers or Saving Private Ryan from beginning to end. Similarly, I've played 100s of hours of Squad and PR and while I love the meta game (FOB placement etc), we've made a large effort to  expand the meta in our game to give players a different way of approaching victory.

Once we announce we'll be advertising for 2 additional programmers, another 3D artist, an FX artist, a character artist and an animator. We're not really interested in having a huge team. We're all dedicated to working on this project every day, and working in the smartest possible way.

Edited by +++++

5 hours ago, +++++ said:

Oh okay. Sounds nice for sure! Can't be enough games like PR/Squad/RO.

Good luck with your project.

6 hours ago, r0tzbua said:

Get that dirty thing out of there, that has no place in Normandy :D

(Or make a MP43/1 out of it, there are only some small subtle differences anyways)

Yep, still trying to work out if it's worth including. At present it's in there so we don't have to come back to it when we do 1945 Germany, Bastogne, or the later Eastern front. I think historically speaking there were 10k Mp43's in circulation by Feb 1st 1944. That said, the vast majority were on the Eastern Front.

2 hours ago, +++++ said:

Yep, still trying to work out if it's worth including. At present it's in there so we don't have to come back to it when we do 1945 Germany, Bastogne, or the later Eastern front. I think historically speaking there were 10k Mp43's in circulation by Feb 1st 1944. That said, the vast majority were on the Eastern Front.

If you're talking expansion it sure needs to be up there some where, I have made a high poly one for a while which has been lying on the backburner for quite a bit because it's not in our design documents right now but will be needed later.

But normandy, these are really neglectable numbers, same goes with the G43/K43, though I think number wise there may be have been even more of those on the western front than MP43's.

2 hours ago, +++++ said:

what other modifications are you doing weapon wise? especially for K98 snipers... Mg26(t) and MP41 might be worth it too, if you're doing SS units.

Edited by trotskygrad

19 hours ago, trotskygrad said:

what other modifications are you doing weapon wise? especially for K98 snipers... Mg26(t) and MP41 might be worth it too, if you're doing SS units.

Well, we're basically going to represent the Panzer Lehr, SS Hitler Jugend and elements of the Fallschirmjager in the first theater of war. They were perhaps the largest contingency of proper formations in Normandy. As such, we're going to be including the FG42 and a couple of machine pistole variants. The thing for us is to representationally equip the force with the loadout that reflects the time. That basically means a lot of Kar98's and an MG per Gruppe. We're really having fun with the vehicles - specifically the more interesting variants. There are a lot of ways to integrate them that drastically alters the meta game. I think some players will really gravitate towards the underdogs and make them their own. In terms of gameplay, our title plays a lot like RO2 (given that we only have 2 snipers on a team of 50), but the vehicle combat is much more like PR than RO2 (which IMO was quite confusing and clunky). We want the focus to be on mastering the teamwork of driving, positioning, ammo selection and gunning - not having to work out the minutia of controls. 

It's quite interesting. An SDFkz 251 (Hanomag) when positioned well in our game can lock down an entire avenue of fire. It's largely impervious to small arms, and so it's a great little vehicle if you like running transport and as a short term gun platform. Unlike a game like Heroes and Generals, our vehicles actually keep you safe and present a realistic threat. Obviously a Hanomag is not going to be safe against a Sherman Firefly.

I think a huge learning curve in our game will be when someone inevitably fires a Bazooka at a Tiger and it bounces off...