Sign in to follow this  
Ridoc

Jungle Map - Latin/South-America or Asia: Drug Cartel vs. Military

I think a nice Jungle Map would be Ass Kicking

can be Cartel/Militia vs. US Army (they sometimes get called for help :D )

I think one of the dev (irontaxi or Z-trooper??) would like very much thaving a jungle map.

Maybe a jungle map could be done with a Hardline mode where DEA agents has to find Cartel drug cache and destroy it whereas the cartel must protect it, lol

47 minutes ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

I had this idea. Except it was specifically Mexico with cartels vs Mexican forces.

That was a while ago too eh? Was it back during pre-alpha? Maybe that was someone else.

More interested in geopolitical conflicts, I'd like to see Equatorial Africa theatre, Congo Republic, Uganda, CAR etc.

Edited by ZiGreen

On 4/14/2016 at 7:26 AM, CMBelite-FR said:

I think one of the dev (irontaxi or Z-trooper??) would like very much thaving a jungle map.

Maybe a jungle map could be done with a Hardline mode where DEA agents has to find Cartel drug cache and destroy it whereas the cartel must protect it, lol

Finding a cache and destroying it. I feel like we may already have this mode in one shape or another.

Now for adding mosquito sound effects...

The Brazilian army community faction for PR was centered on this scenario, located at the border of Brazil, Colombia and Venezuela, where there have been already some fights with FARC in the past:

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

On 14/04/2016 at 1:12 PM, Ridoc said:

I think a nice Jungle Map would be Ass Kicking

can be Cartel/Militia vs. US Army (they sometimes get called for help :D )

When I hear this two words spring to mind. Joint Operations. I definitely know the Dev team were players of this old title, I myself worked on the JO:Reality mod for it ( not sure if the same team have any connection ) and also worked on JO:IC mod. This was the game that actually spawned the AAS game mode post Delta Force by Nova Logic and it was set in a tropical environment.  I would love to see a palm riddled archipelago with perhaps attack boats and transport choppers.  Bring on the Machete and Punji sticks as the weapons of choice.

15 minutes ago, Ammo said:

When I hear this two words spring to mind. Joint Operations. I definitely know the Dev team were players of this old title, I myself worked on the JO:Reality mod for it ( not sure if the same team have any connection ) and also worked on JO:IC mod. This was the game that actually spawned the AAS game mode post Delta Force by Nova Logic and it was set in a tropical environment.  I would love to see a palm riddled archipelago with perhaps attack boats and transport choppers.  Bring on the Machete and Punji sticks as the weapons of choice.

yay! JO Reality mod! The jungle map vid you are looking for will be posted soon. AAS Serenity Valley. It took me eight months to make and test for floaters. I tested a few maps for one of the JO R mod devs. I am waiting for the dude to get back to me with permissions to post a vid of his rifle range. I also made one for the marksman class to practice ranging since the sniper class in JO R didn't get access to the range find noculars, which was done on purpose so snipers had to work as a team. "Gettin Better's" testing range had moving targets. I might just post the full vid soon anyway. I don't think Gettin Better would mind, and if he does i will take it down if requested. Here's a little teaser...

48 minutes ago, rulie said:

yay! JO Reality mod! The jungle map vid you are looking for will be posted soon. AAS Serenity Valley. It took me eight months to make and test for floaters. I tested a few maps for one of the JO R mod devs. I am waiting for the dude to get back to me with permissions to post a vid of his rifle range. I also made one for the marksman class to practice ranging since the sniper class in JO R didn't get access to the range find noculars, which was done on purpose so snipers had to work as a team. "Gettin Better's" testing range had moving targets. I might just post the full vid soon anyway. I don't think Gettin Better would mind, and if he does i will take it down if requested. Here's a little teaser...

Ahaha awesome, I knew it! I created a building asset set some of which were recreations of models from the original Delta Force 2 game and converted all of the original Delta Force 2 terrains into JO:IC along with a foliage asset pack and three of my first vehicle models, a locomotive, a scud launcher and a Kiowa helicopter, I also created the thermite  particle effect for the thermite grenades. 

Some old skool videos right there. I'll have to dig out some of my old screenshots of the building models and foliage assets. Man I was new to the world of 3D modelling back then. Not sure if you remember Psyphon Games? Guy who lead Reality mod at the time called Domox ran the show. 

Haven't spoke to any of them in a long long time. But I hear JO: TOTAL INTERNATIONAL CONFLICT is still going and my old crew Assault Snipers from Delta Force 2 are still going also. I think Sgt. Muddy is running it now. 

Really nice to know there is some influence from those good old days. I knew it had to be true, it was such a great game of the time and Squad has so many subtle nuances from it. 

yeah Rulie and Ammo!

DF:AF anyone? . . . . well, i couldne help mesel' ;)

lurve those thermites - so much fun!  :)

ps, i workin on some JO buildings (low poly = kis). already done the round bunker, the "'overpass' checkpoint" and the large conc. building.

Ammo and LJ, we need to get organized and stop spamming the main Squad forum with pictures and video's of our old girlfriend. It's disgusting. I like it.

Maybe one of you two could be so kind as to start up an old BHD, JO, DF, DFX map appreciation ss and vid thread in the off topic department and i will back you up.

Just looking at a short vid of a nice 2009 AW2 AAS Serenity Valley jungle map, but i watched it a few times and thought i could make it a bit better. Smooth the mouse sensitivity and different cam angles but now the sound is not recording in Shadow play? gotta see what google says...*scratches chin...

4 hours ago, rulie said:

Ammo and LJ, we need to get organized and stop spamming the main Squad forum with pictures and video's of our old girlfriend. It's disgusting. I like it.

Maybe one of you two could be so kind as to start up an old BHD, JO, DF, DFX map appreciation ss and vid thread in the off topic department and i will back you up.

Just looking at a short vid of a nice 2009 AW2 AAS Serenity Valley jungle map, but i watched it a few times and thought i could make it a bit better. Smooth the mouse sensitivity and different cam angles but now the sound is not recording in Shadow play? gotta see what google says...*scratches chin...

I like the idea of an appreciation thread but I'm thinking more about the mod tools and recreating those suckers in all their glory for the modern age. 

On 4/18/2016 at 6:11 PM, Ammo said:

I like the idea of an appreciation thread but I'm thinking more about the mod tools and recreating those suckers in all their glory for the modern age. 

Yep, gotta be done. You should post some of those models you made for IC dude. All i could ever do was make AAS maps with the models people like you made.

If we get enough interest, i can see a Squad remix of Karo Highlands bringing thousands of our kind out of hibernation. LJ, ...can you post me some ss of Black Rock Beach 2 please?

:)

16 hours ago, rulie said:

Yep, gotta be done. You should post some of those models you made for IC dude. All i could ever do was make AAS maps with the models people like you made.

If we get enough interest, i can see a Squad remix of Karo Highlands bringing thousands of our kind out of hibernation. LJ, ...can you post me some ss of Black Rock Beach 2 please?

i'll see about it this arvo, or over the weeekend. might start that Appreciation thread so i have somewhere to post 'em, too ;)

On 20/04/2016 at 7:07 AM, rulie said:

I've tried posting up some pics which I finally found but I keep getting a spam error or the images simply don't load. =[

I'd love to see some maps in South, Central, and even North America. Hopefully it won't be just cartels, but also South and Middle American governments like Brazil and Mexico, which both have very, ehm, 'unique' militaries. 

17 hours ago, Ammo said:

I've tried posting up some pics which I finally found but I keep getting a spam error or the images simply don't load. =[

Well that's strange, they should post the same as the vids? Have you tried uploading the pics to photobucket or something similar? I use photobucket, never had any problems with it.