Captain Fubar

Entering and exiting transport choppers

So since I know for sure that there will be no entering or exiting vehicle animations, however for helicopters I think there should be some depth to exiting and entering transport choppers such as a Chinook, mi8 or just. By this  I mean that instead of going up next to a Chinook, pressing E and popping into a chopper magically. Instead I think you should have to run up the back ramp of the chopper and go up to a sit and then press it so you pop in the seat. There doesn't have to be a animation  for you getting in the sea but it makes more sense where you have to run into the chopper to get in this could be done  for smaller choppers such as black Hawks or hueys they could basically just jump onto the chopper and press e. Another thing that should be added for heavy transport is the ability to close the back ramps as well as closing the side doors on smaller transd4c30b8b2a8c791fb6373efecc8b19c5.jpg

27 minutes ago, Captain Fubar said:

So since I know for sure that there will be no entering or exiting vehicle animations

What? Link post plz.

i dont know much about this, but for anything smaller than a chinook walking in to it sounds like a collision nightmare. ramp closing on the chinook was in PR, im sure its quite doable in Squad.

1 hour ago, Hunter_Sh0tz said:

What? Link post plz.

1 hour ago, Devon said:

Edited by Captain Fubar

4 minutes ago, Captain Fubar said:

It won't let me  put the link but just search up squad vehicle animations

Nothing's in stone yet tho, especially with a completely overhauled animation system.....

in JO we could drive a HMV, motorbike or buggy into the chinook (truck wouldn't fit, lols). we could walk into it. we could jump up into the side doorways to get in.

once inside we could then elect to take a seat  - or not. (same with all the vehicles)

problems with physics and the closing chinook door?  - don't have a closing door - simples! in fact why have closing doors at all? it just adds another layer of complexity and introduces new problems, its not worth it. unless of course you just cant bear to go on living without the Immershunz. same goes for fast ropes - they're just somewhere peeps can dangle from, while the enemy picks them off.

Edited by LaughingJack

2 hours ago, samogon said:

Huh.Now we have another fastrope thread.

We don't talk about fastropes.

As a player, I can appreciate a good animation system and it does add to the immersion that this game is trying to achieve.  Like why is time being spent  on particle effects, shockwave, lighting, and foliage collision?  It all helps create the atmosphere of the game.

Popping in and out of vehicles reminds me of games where everything is instant and physics didn't matter like Planetside 2, Arma, and Halo.  Nothing wrong with that, but I see this game a departure from that direction.

Edited by naezro

7 hours ago, Captain Fubar said:

When did I talk about fast ropes

Mentally,you want this.Look at photo.Why not like this.

stock-photo-loading-ramp-of-ch-chinook-h

6 hours ago, Rybec said:

We don't talk about fastropes.

Now we did :)

You know what they should add, the air lifting mechanic from battlefield Vietnam. That shit was hilarious, people in a boat with MGs and a helicopter flying it over land, ah good times. But in all seriousness the heavy lift choppers such as the Chinook should be able to air lift vehicles such as the humvee to other locations for rapid relocation.

Edited by liamNL