Jimieus

So.... about those Founder Tags

Going to sound a little pedantic here, but it is probably worth bringing up as it hasn't been addressed in some time.

As many are aware, part of the pledge rewards for backing Squad was a "Backer" or "Founder" tag here on the forums. Now that we are almost a year since funding, I have to ask, "What is the status of these tags?"

I am aware that a few have already got them, but I imagine the majority of us have not. Yes, there are more important things to do, but this isn't a job that needs to be undertaken by the devs and should be seen as a goodwill measure to those who helped fund the project. Surely some of the community staff could take this service on board? It's not so much that the tags are important, just that it was a pledge reward and, as yet, it still hasn't been delivered?

So, what is the go with these tags?

24 minutes ago, =AMG=Cheesy_LeScrub said:

47 minutes ago, Jimieus said:

Yes, there are more important things to do, but this isn't a job that needs to be undertaken by the devs

I've asked this problem with nothing but disdain from others. I would still like to know why after all this time (especially after they teased us with them) when this is going to happen??!! You can only use the same excuses for so long you know!!!

Just now, SL0P0K3 said:

I've asked this problem with nothing but disdain from others. I would still like to know why after all this time (especially after they teased us with them) when this is going to happen??!! You can only use the same excuses for so long you know!!!

Shortly after they first appeared on some test subjects on the "old" forum, they already said that they will completely rework the whole forum and that they will hit after that has been finished... which should be soon cause that just happened the last months, as you see the forum now is freshly reworked and ready to rock!

We will get our fancy donor/founder/backer tags, just stay put a bit more, RoyAwesome was so awesome and just told u and me in this thread. They where always communicating what is happening and why it is taking a bit longer. Just sit tight buddy! :)

3 hours ago, koschilein said:

Shortly after they first appeared on some test subjects on the "old" forum, they already said that they will completely rework the whole forum and that they will hit after that has been finished... which should be soon cause that just happened the last months, as you see the forum now is freshly reworked and ready to rock!

We will get our fancy donor/founder/backer tags, just stay put a bit more, RoyAwesome was so awesome and just told u and me in this thread. They where always communicating what is happening and why it is taking a bit longer. Just sit tight buddy! :)

Sparkles??? Glimmer! Jk

I have seen the founder tags too, but only rangers and maybe some airborne have them. The founder icons associated with the KS campaign are the background for them, you could go take a look if you wanted. Personally I think the first 100 backers on KS should get something special too... I'd say 50 but I am number 85...

1 minute ago, NotBrad said:

I have seen the founder tags too, but only rangers and maybe some airborne have them. The founder icons associated with the KS campaign are the background for them, you could go take a look if you wanted. Personally I think the first 100 backers on KS should get something special too... I'd say 50 but I am number 85...

No one should get anything special if its not the whole community, because otherwise people will get angry...

2 minutes ago, NotBrad said:

Apparently I was backer number 555. hmmmmmm. lotta fives there. Shoulda been sixes.

8 hours ago, SpeedyDaGonzales said:

Thx for the reminder, i already forgot about it ;).

I haven't.  I brought it up in another thread.  

25 minutes ago, koschilein said:

No one should get anything special if its not the whole community, because otherwise people will get angry...

I disagree.  I stalked the KS to get one of the first backer spots.  I want something special.  Hehehe

5 hours ago, RoyAwesome said:

Actively being worked on.  

You(the devs) keep saying that.  LoL!   Hop hop already!

2 hours ago, koschilein said:

I disagree. Exclusivity in aesthetic items contributes a lot to their perceived worth. It is, after all, a reward for backing the project early.

And no, I am not eligible. I bought Early Access when it came on Steam.

9 hours ago, koschilein said:

We're not getting anything special we're simply getting what we've paid for and everyone had that option available to them. 

Edited by Walleyes815

7 hours ago, Iron said:

You(the devs) keep saying that.  LoL!   Hop hop already!

We needed the new forums!  There were a lot of prerequisites for this task.  It's a surprising amount of effort to build a system to match every kickstarter backer and founders pre-order to forum tags.  

5 hours ago, RoyAwesome said:

We needed the new forums!  There were a lot of prerequisites for this task.  It's a surprising amount of effort to build a system to match every kickstarter backer and founders pre-order to forum tags.  

Thanks for clarifying Roy! o7

Hopefully, now that we have these sexy new digs, the tags won't be too far off. Though, I reserve the right to bring this up again in a month if they haven't hehehe :D 

1 hour ago, T B1zzle said:

I want my ingame rifle skins!!!

That is also being actively worked on.  I know because I'm working on it.  

You fucking rock!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, RoyAwesome said:

Hop Hop let's go!  :P

actually... YES... it is a task a dev has to do. While people complain saying it is something simple, they fail to look at the big picture. You have to create a system that will auto assign them instead of tasking 1 person going out and making everyones account have a forum tag. What about people that backed that have not yet created a forum account? What about the in game promises? It would be double work to have someone manually assign in forum tags, then we have to go in and assign rifle skins, then in game tags. This is what has had to be worked on so yes... a dev has to undertake this task.

This is a big picture task and it takes everything being just right for all pieces to fall into place. We want to do this with little hassle from the devs and make it easy on the backers and make it so it isn't a pain to support.